PDA

View Full Version : Bugs?

mollymillions
12-19-2004, 05:49 PM
These are probably known and low priority:

The Sneak and Safe Fall skills don’t appear in the skill list, or in the skill training dialog, regardless of the values in the class_skill table (tested with a Human Monk, and others).

Athough Disciplines can be learnt using the traindisc command, they cannot be used as they do not appear in the Combat Abilities dialog. The traindisc command does not give any errors and the client displays the successful - “You have learned a new discipline” message (tested with a Human Monk, the Throw Stone and Focused Will tomes).

Moving merchants will walk away while a customer is browsing their wares. This behaviour makes it impossible to buy from some merchants that are constantly roaming, the merchant should stand still until the user closes the merchant dialog.

There seems to be some gaps in the LOS maps where some walls join. Is there a tool/technique that will allow me to view the data in the map files (a visual representation of a 2D slice, at a specified elevation)?

The latest CVS source and the PEQ Kunark DB were used for testing.

Zengez
12-20-2004, 03:25 AM
I haven't played a monk personally but a friend of mine got one to 60 on my server (mostly legit, just a lil faster xp) and in our courses he fell down plenty of cliffs and never took dmg... so it should be working correctly, just not displayed (thus prolly what you knew already, but at least it works /shrug)

As to the discs, you can mem them like spells using #scribespells and then mem them on yer spell slots.... problem being that as a pure melee (warrior, monk, rogue etc) that don't have mem slots, you can't use yer discs cause you can't mem them... also if you mem them like spells they don't seem to reset unless you zone, but they auto reset when you zone, so the timer appears to be off a lil...
Was gonna check out stuff today to see if it would allow the spell jewels on pure melees... the alt-s thing doesn't work, neither does the cntr b to bring up spellbook... anyone know if you can help me out with whether this is client or serverside, and even perhaps if they know a fix or where it is specifically that'd help a ton, thanks!

As to yer los problem, sorry but i've not encountered it yet so i got nothin for ya there, but good luck on the fix :(

fathernitwit
12-20-2004, 04:57 AM
as for disciplines, I wasnt able to figure out the packet to send a discipline update (mainly because I was lazy and didnt care)... once you zone they should properly show up in the combat abilities screen.

LOS... no tool. That was/is one of the hardest things about working on the los stuff... theres no easy way to visualize it in the client, and it dosent mean a whole lot out side of the client since you dont know exactly where the server thinks you are.

daeken_bb
12-20-2004, 08:50 AM
LOS... no tool. That was/is one of the hardest things about working on the los stuff... theres no easy way to visualize it in the client, and it dosent mean a whole lot out side of the client since you dont know exactly where the server thinks you are.

If you think this is important, please post it on the OpenEQ feature requests forum :)

mollymillions
12-21-2004, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the informed responses.

I found that when i try to use the Throw Stone or Focused Will abillities, the client displays the error below, followed by the "Spell interupted" message (these are the only abillities i tested).

Error: castspell->inventoryslot >= 30 (0xffffffff)