PDA

View Full Version : World of Alkora - We need YOU !

KhaN
12-21-2004, 03:32 AM
Hello,

World of Alkora is a long project, started month ago, focusing on creating a total new game using eqemu.
We have hit the phase where we are starting to write quests and we are looking for a person speaking very well english, able to tell stories (like a troubadour ...), write poesy, interested in reworking the quests we are making for the server to make them more enjoyable, more professionnal, like, playing a fairytales, in a few word, we need a decent writer.

What will be your job ?
No C++, no DB spawn, no Quest writing, only, and first thing that we will ask you, is to rework quest we are making for the server, make legends, quests, lore following and using the lore that is already made in the World of Alkora game design doc, you will have lots of liberty, but many things have already been written.

If anyquestions i will answer here :p

If you are interested, mail me (with works you done thanks~) at khan@worldofalkora.com

a_Guest03
12-21-2004, 10:23 AM
I'll consider it, KhaN :P

Let me sort out my responsibilities for next quarter at school first.

JohnMcguirk
12-21-2004, 05:35 PM
its good the server understands that 'hello $name, i am looking for item xxx, bring me one and i may reward you.' is not acceptable. more servers should think about hiring people to write quests who are good writers yet dont know perl. and not just quests, they should think up memorable and interesting npcs, and write storys, ideas, and lore for npcs.

KhaN
12-21-2004, 10:21 PM
i totally agree here, but problem is, good writers are rare ...or are to find :p

omle_555
12-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Fuck if your really serious bout it and not like every other loser ser4ver that says they gonna stick around i would love to help. ive been around eqemu for years now GM on several servers trying to get a good server to have fun on all good ones folded.

i learned a little bassic quest writting from LOTR server back in the day.

KhaN
12-25-2004, 09:26 AM
WoA is a project started in May 2004 and since being developed everday, so, i dont think it can be classed as "other loser server that says they gonna stick around".

Also, to answer many emails, currently, we dont need GM and are not taking GM applications.

What we are building ? All from scratch~ > www.worldofalkora.com/temp/WOAAP003.jpg

Scorpx725
12-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Khan, I must honestly say, Im shocked.

This server looks so... I dont know. Beautiful? Great? Interesting?

All that customness, newness.. its like a brand new game.

_Kerosh_
12-26-2004, 10:04 AM
I just got back from Hawaii, sry I have been gone. If you told me what kind of things you wanted me to write about, I could have been writing for those 12-15 hours sitting in the airport :P, I do have a palm pilot and a keyboard.

Plz let me know what has been happening with World of Alkora :).

Email: mrasolomon@yahoo.com

I am still making songs for you guys, kk. 1-2 per week unless I am out of town. :), 1-3 per day when I get my recording studio back up and running.

Jeremax
12-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Back when I was active in EQEmu I looked for this job specifically! Where can I find some info about this server? I'm sure if it can successfully enthrall me I'd feel obligated to offer my contributions...

JohnMcguirk
12-27-2004, 12:08 AM
so, how come you decided to come back to eqemu and not go with ogre?

KhaN
12-27-2004, 12:28 AM
If by you, you mean KhaN, i have never really left eqemu, if by you, you mean World of Alkora, project actually splitted into two parts, one being World of Alkora for EQEmu, and another being a free MMORPG project using Ogre. As Free MMORPG is a very long term project, im (KhaN) getting fun and playing a bit with eqemu making a server :p

If anyone want more info, visit Woa Forums www.worldofalkora.com/forum i know its a bit empty atm, but after server attack, i have many things to do, and dont have filled up all the info about WoA in forum.

oobah
12-27-2004, 04:30 PM
when are you expecting WoA to be playable? It sounds so cool i would love to check it out.

KhaN
12-27-2004, 09:46 PM
All depend about what you call playable, if by playable, you mean
- the 5 first levels with 3 finished zones (with still, a zillions of graphic bugs) it will come in around 2 weeks.
- A fully playable game with 50 zones, 50 levels and lots of quests ... in some monthS.

Spawning, making quests, its cake (represent less than 5% of the job), hardest and longest part is to buld the zones ...

Telious
12-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Khan Why did u log when i was talking to you on krushers? =p
:evil:

AnnoLee
12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
:) oh~~~

KhaN
12-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Khan Why did u log when i was talking to you on krushers? =p
Cause when im working, im 100% in it, i log sometimes on Krusher or S2K to test my zones, but it generally quick session, max 1min, to just see how zone look. Nothing toward you :)

Groans
12-31-2004, 05:20 PM
I have been on EQEMU for almost a year now. I saw what you had mentioned about you need people to write lore, and quests. I don't know how to do perl, but I am very sure that I could write you enough lore and quest ideas for your head to explode. If you are interested in some help drop me a PM.

(I've been working with friends for LAN parties on EQEMU for about a year, but been here for several monthes)

_Kerosh_
01-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, sry I haven't really contacted you guys, I am completely lost and confused. I have narrowed down the people that want me on their teams to 2 Choices.

World of Alkora: World of Alkora has rejoined with the EverQuest Emulator community. I know more people here, but not by much, and I am more comfortable with the EverQuest engine, EQEmu and EQ code, and the EQEmu (as well as WoA) people.

Atralumen: As you all know, World of Alkora has split into two groups. Charmy has sent me a personal email, as he is of the group still working with Ogre to make a brand new game, and has asked me to be with them.

One needs an experienced lore writer and PERL User, which I am.
World of Alkora

The other is in deep need of a Lore Writer and a Composer, which I am.
Atralumen

HELP plz, I want to help both, but I can't, because both require much time to work with, and both sound like they are in desperate need, especially Atralumen as they do not even have a storyline for their game.

-Kerosh

I have spoken on these forums before, and making such claims as the above make one sound as if they do not know anything and pretend to. I do this because they already know what I am capable of as I have sent sample of music, writing, and PERL code. Richardo recieved the PERL code, Charmy recieved the music and writing, though I do not know if he has passed it on or not, and I believe KhaN has recieved a small portion of my writing, but I am not sure. I am saying this because I do not wish to go in another fight about what I can or can't do, and what I do, or don't know. This is irrefutable evidence that I do and am cabable of Programming PERL, creating Lore, and creating Music.

Richardo
01-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Ever heard of "Dont bite off more than you can chew?"... Like I told you earlier, sort out your priorities...

_Kerosh_
01-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Thank you Richardo, for your words of wisdom. I believe you now and now I follow my heart, though it griefs me for the other team, how they need a writer as well and are less capable of getting one.

I have no idea whatsoever to what Atrulamen is going to do, and no one will tell me. Everybody wants my writing, including them, but you guys have looked at me by more of the person I am, whereas, they are like the others who look at what I am good at.

You got yourself a writer if you choose. No more of anything except with helping the S.I.S. as I am appointing a new leader:

Boppoom, congragulations, you helped me through this as well, and I wish to make you leader of S.I.S. though it isn't much atm, lol

01-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Ever heard of "Dont bite off more than you can chew?"... Like I told you earlier, sort out your priorities...

ROFL rich u sayin that is so omfg lol

KhaN
01-07-2005, 12:33 AM
No need to post here for applications, or send me mails, we found a writer, thanks to all who replied.

Still, you can contribute to project by giving us your ideas if you want to share them, easiest way to do this is to post on World of Alkora Forums. World of Alkora will be available in the next weeks, thanks.