PDA

View Full Version : Info that might help new players...

solid11
12-22-2004, 05:41 AM
So for the ones of us that can't play at all until the next emu version comes out, should we do a complete live patch for 12/15/04 and that's it? Meaning if another big patch comes out between the time of 12/15 and when the next emu comes out, should we stick with the 12/15 patch only from here on?

This might help alot of new player not screw themselves AGAIN (like me) by patching another live patch when a version compatible with 12/15 (and 12/15) only comes out. I hope this makes some kind of sense. =)

(And I saved my EQ folder w/12/15 patch to DVD this time, hehe.)

Thanks.

RichardoX
12-22-2004, 06:01 AM
Yes, you are correct. If you stick to 12/15, it will save you from another break if eqemu comes out with a new version by then. Hope it helps :) Also by the way, mostly all Sony Updates are eqgame.exe, eqmain.dll, EQGraphicsDX9.dll(rarely this one), and eqhost.txt which is what you change. So no need to backup your entire EQ Folder, I only suggest you backup all eq DLL Files, EXE's and the Resources and uifiles folders...

solid11
12-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Good info, I'll keep that in mind....=)

Muuss
12-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Only patch after you visited the forum, and read from someone that is trusty that you can patch :)
(making a backup of your files is also a good thing, like said Richardox, i would also backup the uifiles directory)

Daeath
12-24-2004, 11:13 AM
For those who did patch 12/15 and still want to play now - couldn't they just go to one of the custom servers, like S2K or WR, that use that server's custom patcher - update - and be able to play?

tomvs123
12-24-2004, 02:02 PM
For those who did patch 12/15 and still want to play now - couldn't they just go to one of the custom servers, like S2K or WR, that use that server's custom patcher - update - and be able to play?

I'm a newbie at this, but from what I can tell you can't even connect to any server. Everquest freezes at the user/pass screen. At least that's what's happening to me and I just patched the day before yesterday with what seems to be a 12/17 patch.

And do servers have custom patchers? I thought all of the patching was done by the EQ live patch server.

tomvs123
12-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Hey, you're right about that custom patcher :) I went to the WR site and they've got patched files that work with eqemu. They seem to be somewhat hacked though and I'm trying to get them to work well without WR..

Edit: The WR patch is of an old version of EQ and won't work with the latest eqemu it seems, but the S2k patch works great. It looks like I'll be able to log into my own server for the first time. :)

Another edit: It looks like even S2k uses an older eq version than what was used on live before 12/15. with it, you can only play on 0.5.7 eqemu servers.

Woodley
12-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Tom.. servers like S2K,WR and Fatesdestiny have there own patchers on their websites so that you can back patch to before the patch that broke your client

Woodley
12-27-2004, 09:12 AM
ok.. I re-read..... but.. you can get older versions of eqemu from sourceforge.. so you can make a server you can connect to for now.. if you backpatch your client then dl the older version etc... either that or just wait for next version of eqemu

mattmeck
12-27-2004, 10:42 AM
so you can make a server you can connect to for now.. if you backpatch your client then dl the older version etc

yes you can make a server, no you wont be able to connect to it without getting warez from somewhere and that will get you banned.