PDA

View Full Version : New server w/ Guildwars platform.

UrbelT
12-25-2004, 11:11 PM
We have began coding a new server which will use the guildwars source and gameplay... We estimate the server will reach a playable beta phase in 2 months... We are still working on such details but the server will run on a dedicated OC3 connection, and most likely an computer with 1 gig of ram and a 3ghz+ processor...

Its still in its early stages but I need to know what you guys think for some names...

For those of you who do not know, guilds can take over cities and get points while they hold those cities, you also get points for killing members of opposing guilds... Those points are used to purchase items, etc....

Either way, vote for the name you like best and if you have any good suggestions post em :)

**EDIT: We have chosen on Defiance of Harmony, you can still vote but is pretty obvious that its the winner. The website has been designed and launched and can be seen at:

http://www.DefianceOfHarmony.com

Thanks
-UrbelT

UGroup
12-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Ehh, not a good idea. Image and Devnoob would not like that. Richardo was going to redo guildwars but image and dev asked him not to. But maybe you and Richardo shout get together and make it even better, I love richardo's idea, its very nice with his new zones...

And like, his server is green so you would have a green server if you got with him lol. But the only reason I say this is, he has a awesome looking serv and like, he has no deticated box.

mattmeck
12-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Ehh, not a good idea. Image and Devnoob would not like that.

Image made GuildWars Code and DB open source, and stated in IRC just this past weekend anyone can use it, and even liked the code for it.

UrbelT
12-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Image made GuildWars Code and DB open source, and stated in IRC just this past weekend anyone can use it, and even liked the code for it.

They published the DB also? Where can I find it? I only found the source code... I was not aware the DB was released as well...

-UrbelT

mattmeck
12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
my fault, he didnt put the DB out for the public, i just rember certain people getting it, guess they were special :roll:

UrbelT
12-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Ahh, ok well if anyone is able to find the actual guildwars DB and send it to me, I would be willing to pay a finder's fee to whoever gets it to me, PM me if you have it..

:)

-UrbelT

UGroup
12-26-2004, 11:11 PM
I stick with my original statement

Cisyouc
12-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Ugroup: Still, this thread is about the name of the server, not the server. I'm sure many people would like this server.

UGroup
12-27-2004, 11:20 PM
yea yea, im just putting my comments in...

UrbelT
12-28-2004, 06:52 PM
I just got an e-mail back from image, I told him about the project and he directed me to a source that may still have the DB.. so, UGroup, your comments seems like you really have no clue... but whatever no need to start any flame..

-UrbelT

Richardo
12-29-2004, 05:34 PM
I just got an e-mail back from image, I told him about the project and he directed me to a source that may still have the DB.. so, UGroup, your comments seems like you really have no clue... but whatever no need to start any flame..

-UrbelT

Urbelt- im pretty sure Ugroup is right...

Cisyouc
12-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Don't listen to Richardo.

Richardo
12-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I talked to image, he will not like the idea of re-creating guildwars, however another project is ok imo... but maybe you should'nt state that you are copying GuildWars.. I already am doing that with my server World of War... har har har... :lol:

Burnfist
12-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Call it '' Burnfist Pwnz Joo Fagz @ PvP Server of ÐØØM ''

Really nice game

As a side note, for Richy:
*Kazgoroth hugs Rich for making a 1337 PvP Server*
Im mainly playing WoW But who cares ill drop by every once ine a while but i wont WTF powerplay like on LOTR :( i liked being at teh top of teh game

Richardo
12-31-2004, 12:50 PM
:D, woots another LoTR fan.. I rox!

Nice to see you again anyhow Kaz, you gnomish bastard

12-31-2004, 01:27 PM
he isn't getin gw db~~

Richardo
12-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Duh ;p

UrbelT
12-31-2004, 06:57 PM
Well, I have chosen Defiance of Harmony based on popular demand for the server name.

I'm not sure if you guys even talked to image about the server or what, but as I stated earlier, I informed image of the server and he did not say anything like you guys post. I've done some research of World of War, and i've been told it is not going to be like the old guildwars server...

But like I said, he e-mailed me with the owner and creator of the DB and I am currently trying to set something up to get the DB.

If you guys want to continue to follow the server, we've created a website at: http://www.DefianceOfHarmony.com

Thanks for all the help everyone!

-UrbelT

Richardo
12-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Dude listen to me, I know Image and Devnoob very well and I have asked for this Database (when I wanted to do guildwars) and they said no. "IwishicoulddrawlikeKhaN" is right, and he knows Dev and Image better than us both, trust me bro. You wont get the Database :(... Anyhow, read your PM I sent you...

Richardo
12-31-2004, 09:53 PM
btw, its not like guildwars had a (lot) of work in the database, besides spawns, and a few items n' stuff.. oh and lets not forget the extra guildwars tables.. It would be easy to recreate.. :)

RangerDown
01-01-2005, 05:21 AM
Shoulda used a collector while playing GW. Then you'd have 90% of your work done for you. :D You think PEQ inserts every mob spawn by hand? Heck no!

Yeah I bet if anyone actually did that, it woulda sent Image and Devnoob into a tizzy. Woulda been fun to watch the whole thing play out tho :P

Richardo
01-01-2005, 09:14 AM
LOL

Z.Wylde
01-03-2005, 02:53 PM
why do devnoob and image control whether a guildwars server gets created or not? what are they going to do? sue you ? for what....copying something they dont even own in the first place?

plus, why would they give a flyin fuck? its not they they do anything constructive anymore....

jesus123
01-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I, for one, salute Defiance of Harmony!!!!!

I randomly went on EQemulator.net the other day after the EQEmu addiction hit me; I just NEEEDED to see if a GuildWars-like server was back or on the way. To my surprise and extreme delight, this topic was on the Hot Topics list on the main page... I guess I got lucky, since this was my first visit to the site in a DAAAAMN long time.

Anyway, I love the idea and will support the server! :)

Who do I contact (via email) to volunteer for being a tester for the server? I played on at least 2 versions of GuildWars that I remember (and got top level and everything; was a huge fan until it completely got messed up and shortly got knocked off the net), I played on EQLive a while ago, and I played on Winter's Roar. I've also beta-tested and played other MMORPG's. Thus, I have the experience, but I know lots of people do; but I also have the WILL.

I will stop playing other regular games and will dedicate a lot of time to DoH. I will just love contributing ideas (realistic ones, of course), finding bugs, etc, along with everything else you'd want me to do of that nature. I know what aspecs of GW went wrong and what worked, as well as what should have worked.

Please either post here with contact info or email me at geevil@gmail.com if you'll grant me my wish and let me be a beta tester :)

EDIT: By the way, I'm willing to do more than just test, but my skills in programming or anything like that just won't help. Can you tell me what possible "positions" I could fill, though? For example, I could help create stats for new items (although that will require coding, you still need ideas for new items on a new server), public relations, something like that ;) Most things that just require writing I can do; my verbal skills are above par, even if this post was rushed and has tons of grammatical errors.

GAYLOVEPANDA
01-03-2005, 11:43 PM
i dont know much about guild wars.. but i want race wars! open pvp with faction having a large impact, if you kill your own race guards should kill you and you go outcast till you gain faction back!! choose which races you decide to ally with! the fate of the server depends on your alliances!!

RangerDown
01-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Sounds neat. Better get started coding :P

MrPanz
01-04-2005, 10:57 AM
dont know much about guild wars.. but i want race wars! open pvp with faction having a large impact, if you kill your own race guards should kill you and you go outcast till you gain faction back!! choose which races you decide to ally with! the fate of the server depends on your alliances!!

thats called old school tallon zek. except you couldnt kill your own races.

UrbelT
01-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Well, we've got a website like I've mentioned: http://www.DefianceOfHarmony.com and we will keep everyone posted, including taking applications for certain positions, etc.. The time is getting much closer then I expected. We now have a compiled GW 6.0 DR2 working. We need to go through and fix the major bugs to get everything in working order, but the GW engine is basically done once bugs are all worked out.

If you are interested in joining our team or helping out with testing just keep checking the website every once in a while, once we get a *playable* version we will take it out of Alpha and into beta so people can start testing.

Thanks a lot for everyone's support and hopefully within a few weeks the server will be up and running for the public.

Thanks again
-UrbelT

IAjesus123
01-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the update (although I've already keeping close track of the official site :p)!

I think that one thing we have to work on is getting as many people as possible on this server. One of the best things about GW was its popularity, and if approximately the same number of people play DoH, DoH can become the new EQEmu sensation (especially considering you guys seem like far more polite and serious developers than Image and Devnoob)

Cisyouc
01-09-2005, 01:11 PM
That is such a wicked acronym lol.

DoH!!!

UrbelT
01-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Well we are making more progress on the server, and our forums are up :)

-UrbelT

IAjesus123
01-10-2005, 04:22 PM
W00t!