PDA

View Full Version : Few idea's I need help with..

Telious
12-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Im not much into programming, Learning slowly.
Im Lead Gm on Krusher's and keep getting idea's

First.... Is there any way to change players max HP. Atm its set to 32767 (or sumthing like that)
It would be better if we could raise it to like 100k or so, (no player can get that) but sence were raising max level too 100, players will be able to get to 32k hp very easy with augs and Custom armor.

Second.... Iv been looking around but cannot seem to find any Spell / skill Editing Programs, Sence where raising the max level to 100, Caster will be behind, so wanted to write new spells and skills for Caster and Mixed classes.

Thanks,
Pandemonium Anarchy, Reaper of Chaos

KhaN
12-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Is there any way to change players max HP
As far as i know, HP are client side, calculated by client, depending on class, race, ... its one of the few things that cannot be modified (But can, in some way, be bypassed).

Iv been looking around but cannot seem to find any Spell / skill Editing Programs
Look for Mongrel spell editor, cept a few minor bugs (Hi, Mongrel), its very good, just make a search with his name, its always linked in its signature.

animepimp
12-28-2004, 03:08 AM
The max hp can be changed, but it would only cause problems with the client. Currently the max hp is set to the maximum integer that the hp field can store so the structure of their profile would have to be changed and the client still wouldn't be able to accept higher hp values than normal. Also if the client's gp calculations exceed this number it will wrap around and give you negative hp. The server will still give you a positive number so you won't die, but the client will knock you unconcious nd you won't be able to do anything until you take off enough items to get back below the max. I've tested this a few times with bugged items that the client sees as +40k ho.