PDA

View Full Version : Old Client needed?

Ardy
01-11-2005, 09:19 PM
So the latest EQ Patch screws up EQEmu, but I already have it installed and updated... So should I reinstall EQPlatinum off the CDs?

Don Vinnie
01-11-2005, 10:14 PM
You have to wait for the devs to get EQEmu up to date with Live. No telling how long that will take... the patch was on 17th of december, which doesn't really mean anything. Either they're on the borderline of solving the problem, or its so big that it will take weeks more to fix. :(

happykilla
01-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Perhaps if someone found out which files were updated (and brake EQEmu) then they could zip em up and post them on here?

cavedude
01-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Handing out EQ files is distribution of warez and a bannable offense on these boards.

happykilla
01-12-2005, 11:53 AM
OH - sorry

jimm0thy
01-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Not to start anything , but just a comment Ive always thought , why do so many people see distributing EQ Files as warez? Its really not , anyone can goto eq's website and download the entire game. So I would go to think if Sony has no problem letting people download the entire game from them then its not warez for someone else to give out copies of older .exe and .dll files.

Cisyouc
01-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Not to start anything , but just a comment Ive always thought , why do so many people see distributing EQ Files as warez? Its really not , anyone can goto eq's website and download the entire game. So I would go to think if Sony has no problem letting people download the entire game from them then its not warez for someone else to give out copies of older .exe and .dll files.Any distribution of software that is NOT opensource, freeware, or under a licence with a special circumstance is warez. Even if sony allows the game to be downloaded from their site, its -supposed- to be if you are a new user to eqlive, not eqemu. Just because they have it on their site, doesnt make it freeware, which doesnt make it ours to distribute.

Celestial
01-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Cisyouc for president!

toolfan
01-14-2005, 04:08 PM
If I wanted to just start my own server could I just make a fresh clean install of Everquest and use that to play EQ on my own server?

mattmeck
01-14-2005, 04:16 PM
no because there was never a version on the EMU made with a fresh install, they have akways kept current with live.