PDA

View Full Version : Loginserver Accounts

Rogean
01-14-2005, 05:30 AM
With the introduction of the new vBulletin, I have worked the last few days to get new LoginServer pages created. The pages are now complete, however.. All Current LS Accounts have to be 'claimed' into the new DB Before they can be logged into again. If you are a new user, you can create a new account the normal way through the loginserver page.

You can go to the LoginServer <a href='/forums/profile.php?do=loginserver'>Here</a>, Or through the UserCP and "Login Server" under Miscellaneous.

We have gotten rid of the Account Keys usage, they are not required now since everything is done through the vbulletin.

Note: If you have claimed your account, but cannot log in, try changing your eqhost to be eqemulator.net:xxxx instead.

Please feel free to PM Me (Rogean) If you have any issues with the new pages.

-Rogean

mattmeck
01-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Wont allow me or anyone i have talked to in #Scorpious2k make a new login or claim our old, gets mysql errors.

mattmeck
01-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Quick responce time, works now. Thanks you hard working Devs.

Rogean
01-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Yea I fixed it.. Should work now =P

(Damn Mysql Permissions)

seolblade
01-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Hi and thanks for getting the forums going for us again guys. Today im finally able to log back into the forum.. But when i try to reclaim my login account i get a invalid username/password error

Account name = seolblade
password = ******

Thanks again for making all this possible for us.

Seolblade

edit = sorry all was meant to have been a pm

garnicle
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Hello, i was wondering if anyone would beable to help me.

I claimed my account, then went to log in....it told me that i had an invalid loggin/pass. So i tried changing my eqhost.txt file as it sais to do in Rogeans post. I then got the message that it couldnt connect to the server...so i changed it back ( and yes i remembered to make it read only again). Now it not only cant connect but when i hit the login button the "Logging into server" window opens up and stays there...frozen...

It seems the problem is with my computer, not the server, but i cant seem to figure out what i have changed to make it mess up like this.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....thanks

Garnicle

sluggs
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
stupid question i been playin for a while i need to know how to claim my usename/password lol

sxeta
01-14-2005, 02:28 PM
First I receive that I have wrong login and password. then I checked the forum and edited what I was instructed. Now, I receive a frozen "logging onto the server".

Don Vinnie
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
That would be because you have the most recent patch, which EQEmu is not currently compatible with. The devs are working to get it up to date.

Innerfire963
01-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Some people might be like me so ill post this... You want to claim your playing accounts and not the account that you post with... my posting account Innerfire963... my playing account Innerfire693... I know tryed to claim my posting account for hours before i thought about trying it... so hope it helps.

solid11
01-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Ok, so how do you "claim" your account???.............

Rogean
01-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Did you even bother reading before posting?

wrethel
01-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Hello,

When I claim my login/pwd I got a "EQemu Error : Bad login/pwd".
I use the same login and pwd as in this chan. Can someone tell me why it's happening now (I'm playing since monthes) and how can I solve my pb pls ?
(No I didn't patch or did anything since my last connection, so I really don't know why I can't connect)

Many thx in advance

wrethel
01-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Ok, sorry for my last post. I should learn reading before posting faster than my hability to think :)
The first post of this thread just solved my pb.

So I was right to write : Thx in advance :)))

Rogean
01-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Hello,

When I claim my login/pwd I got a "EQemu Error : Bad login/pwd".
I use the same login and pwd as in this chan. Can someone tell me why it's happening now (I'm playing since monthes) and how can I solve my pb pls ?
(No I didn't patch or did anything since my last connection, so I really don't know why I can't connect)

Many thx in advance

That doesn't even sound like the error you should be getting on the claim page. Are you trying to log into the LS Instead?

Xabob
01-15-2005, 07:29 AM
For those who are having probloms with this check out this tutorial i had a friend make up.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17675

Kreeghore
01-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I was able to reclaim 2 of my accounts but my third one seems to be lost.
Any chance of recovery?

Muonti
01-15-2005, 12:44 PM
you sure you did not enter the wrong password? or maybe had capslock on or hit the wrong button...or maybe even shift button got stuck hehe.

Kreeghore
01-15-2005, 12:59 PM
pretty sure
did it a few times to be certain
would it matter that it was only created recently?
were accounts rolled back to a cartain date?

Rogean
01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Try creating it. Accounts created within the last week or so may be having problems.

Kreeghore
01-15-2005, 08:10 PM
i managed to recreate the account name but i cant log into the server with it.
i noticed some sort of number after the account name
is this some kind of ID number?
if so its likely a mismatch between whats on the eqserver and the new account
anything else i can try ir is that account a write off?

aliceinchains
01-16-2005, 07:37 AM
i re made my account my when i try and log it it says a time out has occured i cant seem to from the proper eqhost change anyone have a clue what it is

Carodar
02-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey, I just join up with this stuff and just found out about it...yet i can't login to EQ for some reason...it said that my username/pass was valid and unable to login...i did register as Carodar and did try to log in a few times but still didnt work..does anybody know how i should make it work or how to get it to work? do i need to change my eqhost? if so...what do i change it to?

lczx53
02-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Reclaimed 3 accounts but still cannot login and play on Winters Roar.

I get 'Invalid Username or Password' error.
-------

This is what i have in eqhost.txt

[Registration Servers]
{
"register.eqemulator.net:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"63.85.17.2:5997" - have tried replacing this with Host=eqemulator.net:5994 but it wouldn't connect to server at all.
}

---------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

the exact error i get on Login Screen is:

EQEmu Error : Bad Username/Password.

heres a little more background to my situation if it helps.

I've been away from EqEmu for about 7 months now, I just reinstalled everything, patched to live, installed WintersRoar hotfix and WintersRoar Patcher etc.

Came here, reclaimed my accounts successfuly and tried to login but keep receiving that error.

Have I missed sometihng while being away for 7 months? Is there a step ive forgotten to do or should it all be working by now?

Thanks in advance!

Ezekiel
02-18-2005, 10:18 AM
i think database is messed up i created like 5 account on last week and they are not working can someone of the staff confirm it?

mattmeck
02-18-2005, 11:27 AM
as answered in at least 5 other threads,

some servers are running on temperary login servers instead of the real ones, the real login servers stay current with what people create and edite here on the forums wile the temp login servers dont.

So there is nothing you can do but wait for the servers to move to the normal login servers or for the temp login servers to get updated ( which dont happen too often ).

DragonKing
02-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I have the "up to date version" of eq and wanted to login to Scorpious 2k, or the EQ emu server what do I need to setup to do such a task?

Belfedia
02-25-2005, 01:20 AM
If you have right version of everquest client (before 12/15/2004 patch)

you can play to an eqemu serveur by change eqhost.txt by this :

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

Make a shorcut to eqgame.exe
add patchme argument on shortcut.

[Cisyouc: Portion of Post Removed]

Next time use search facility and you can easy find this information :p