PDA

View Full Version : Eqemu Needs you!!

Xabob
01-14-2005, 04:52 PM
First off we need everyone and anyone who has a Eqlive account.. Sony is beta testing Eq2's encryption for Eq1 and if that happens no more Eqemu so collect as much now as we can or we might not have a second chance....
So anyone with a Eqlive acount please collect for us here is FNW's guide to using his packet collector just let it run well you do normal everyday things it comes with everything you need so its just click and start. Send your logs to Xabobwb@gmail.com and i will start a thread to give anyone who contributes credit for the time they have spent collecting.

Look into the Wiki for information about collecting: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EmuCollect

GAYLOVEPANDA
01-14-2005, 05:30 PM
i can almost guarantee that anything new soe produces for eqlive wont be worth adding to eqemu anyway.

notjawn
01-14-2005, 06:28 PM
I agree, the latest expansion looks like the last milking.

fathernitwit
01-14-2005, 06:48 PM
we do not have good data for anything above luclin really... thats what we need collected. We have a lot of PoP, but we are definately missing entire zones, and only have a single log for a lot of other zones... it just goes downhill from there. If we do not collect them now, they might not get collected for a long time.

Jalopy
01-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Hello guys, Hopefully I will be able to help you on most of the zones missing.
I never bought the God expansion, and Im not flagged for time or some of the other zones either, so will not be able to collect data from those zones.

Since you said you have only a single log for some zones and have no information for other zones whatsoever, could you please prioritize if possible the zones you feel need the most attention. I'll then collect the data and email it per the instructions, Thanks:)

YKESHA

Crypt of Nadox
Dulak's Harbor
Gulf of Gunthak
Hate's Fury
Torgiran's Mines

Gates of Discord

The Abysmal Sea (GoD City Zone)
Barindu, The Hanging Gardens
Ferubi, Forgotten Temple of Telosia
Kod'Taz, Broken Trial Grounds
Natimbi, The Broken Shores
Qinimi, Court of Nihilia
Qvic, Prayer Grounds of Calling
Riwwi, Coliseum of Games
Txevu, Lair of the Elites
Yxtta, Pulpit of Exiles
Instanced Zones
Ikkinz, Antechamber of Destruction
Inktu'ta, the Unmasked Chapel
Sewers of Nihilia - Emanating Crematory
Sewers of Nihilia - Lair of Trapped Ones
Sewers of Nihilia - Pool of Sludge
Sewers of Nihilia - Purifying Plant
Tacvi, Seat of the Slaver
Tipt, The Treacherous Crags
Uqua, The Ocean God Chantry
Vxed, The Crumbling Caverns

Omens of War

The Bloodfields
Citadel of Anguish
Dranik's Scar
Harbinger's Spire
Noble's Causeway
Riftseeker's Sanctum
The Ruined City of Dranik
Wall of Slaughter
Muramite Proving Grounds
Instanced Zones
Catacombs of Dranik (single group)
Dranik's Hollows (single group)
Sewers of Dranik (single group)
Muramite Proving Ground Trials (Single group and 54-person raids)

Lost Dungeons of Norrath

Deepest Guk
Miragul's Menagerie
Mistmoore Catacombs
Rujarkian Hills
Takish-Hiz

Questionable Zones

Cazic Thule (Any changes after revamp)
Mistmoore Castle(Any changes after revamp)
Chardok, Halls of Betrayal (Chardok B)
Marauder's Mire (Premium Server pay zone?)
Mines of Gloomingdeep (Newbie start Point)
Nedaria's Landing (Part of God but accessable to all)
Veksar (Standalone Expansion)
Shadowrest (Corpse retrieval Zone)

Old Plane Zones

Plane of Disease
Plane of Fear
Plane of Growth
Plane of Hate
Plane of Mischief
Plane of Sky

Planes of Power

Doomfire, the Burning Lands
Drunder, Fortress of Zek (Plane of Tactics)
Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind
Halls of Honor
Lair of Terris Thule
Plane of Innovation
Plane of Justice
Plane of Knowledge
Plane of Nightmare
Plane of Storms
Plane of Time A
Plane of Time B
Plane of Torment
Plane of Tranquility
Plane of Valor
Ragrax, Stronghold of the Twelve
Reef of Coirnav
Ruins of Lxanvom (Crypt of Decay)
Temple of Marr
The Caverns of Exile (Solusek C)
The Forgotten Halls
Torden, the Bastion of Thunder
Tower of Solusek Ro
Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands

fathernitwit
01-15-2005, 05:51 PM
OK,

I finally got together a log collection place.
Please upload all zone collect logs here, in the correct folder:
http://www.projecteq.net/logs/
Note: you must be logged into the PEQ forums before going here, it uses that for authentication.

Important notes for PEQ zone collection:
1. Always zip your log files. 1 log per zip please.
2. Maximum file size is 6MB per file, if you haev something bigger from a single zone, come talk to me.
3. Remember... one zone per log file please. Start the log file before you zone into the zone (login or cross zone line), and stop it right before you leave.
4. To properly collect pathing, spend 30-45 minutes in a zone.
5. Try to leave the zone as untouched as possible.
6. Try to visit all merchants in the zone, and open their inventory.
7. If possible when collecting pathing, move around large zones every ~15 minutes or so, since movement over 1000 units away might not get sent.

If you zone in the middle of a log file, it is effectively trash to PEQ. We have no tools to handle this.

Im going to try to put our legacy log files up in the linked area above so you can see what we have allready.

fathernitwit
01-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Since you said you have only a single log for some zones and have no information for other zones whatsoever, could you please prioritize if possible the zones you feel need the most attention. I'll then collect the data and email it per the instructions, Thanks:)

Please check out the PEQ logs page linked in my other post. I added a count of logs to each dir, so you can easily see what zones are missing logs or only have a single log or so. If you look at the ones with logs, if the log is less than like 200k, you can safely bet it does not contain pathing. Also if you see a zone not listed, we have no logs for it. If you need more guidance than this, let me know.

corncobery
01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
EQLive has opened up there 7 day trial pass to eq, people could use that to gather info if they do not have a account, just pointing that out. If it helps.

fathernitwit
01-19-2005, 06:39 AM
I have released a new version of the packet collector. version 1.0b3

The exciting new feature in this release is a mob info collection system. Turn it on before you start collecting and it will collect mob information for you so you can see who you have collected, what merchants are in the zone, if you have collected their inventory or not, as well as two counters on for waypoints, to see if you got the pathing that you think should be there. The waypoint numbers are not a ratio, just two different numbers about waypoints.

The new version also features a force flush option for packet files, which should help the people using winpcap 3.1's crah problem, hopefully preventing lost data, but prolly not fixing the crash. If you dont have a crash problem, you dont need this.

Mysia
01-19-2005, 08:00 AM
GAH
I've 3 weeks off and already used up my "game funfund" this month. Dang it, you should have said this sooner. I need a dang project before I go stir crazy. lol

So when does this new encrypt go in? I can open up my eqlive account next game funfund payday, but that's like 2 weeks from now.

wize_one
01-20-2005, 04:41 AM
it's hard to say, suposedly it is already on the test server..8(

fathernitwit
01-20-2005, 06:35 AM
the new protocol is on test, without encryption... we might be able to collect quickly again if they dont encrypt it, but many deem that unlikely.

A path of unknown content is scheduled for the 26th. Which may bring in new net code.

IAjesus123
01-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Hmm... so what happens if EQEmu development will have to stop once/if the new changes come along? I know this is a vague question that does not have an answer, but I am just wondering which direction the devs are leaning towards.

For example, have there been thoughts/suggestions about what to do for people who reinstall EverQuest and have to get EQEmu again? An update to Live would then make reinstalls completely unplayable. Surely, though, to keep EQEmu alive, there has to be a non-warez system for new installs to be able to play? Thus, is the long-term plan to make EQEmu somehow accessible to fresh installs of EQ?

I'm sorry if this post gets people upset :) I realize that there is probably lots of material that I was too ignorant to find out that was posted earlier in the forums, but with this new update to the EQEmu saga, I just want to know the general direction EQEmu might head.

mattmeck
01-20-2005, 05:29 PM
go go OpenEQ, it will solve all these issues.

fathernitwit
01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
just a reminder, patch is coming on the 26th according to sony.

if anybody is holding out on collecting, now is the time.
I have put together a list of zones which have no/few logs. If you wanna make sure a zone gets into PEQ some time, now is the time to collect it..

http://www.projecteq.net/logs/todo.txt

again, collects of any other luclin+ zones will help, even if we have some logs.

knightz
01-25-2005, 03:51 AM
powar - Plane of War (0 logs)

powar isn't on live, it was taken out before POP beta.

Iamien
01-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Its on live it seems after this new patch. There is a new packet bar

bbum
01-30-2005, 04:41 AM
how will openeq solve these problems mattmeck? if people want to use norrath zones/content on openeq doesnt it still have to be collected to get it to work right?

Xabob
01-30-2005, 07:19 AM
how will openeq solve these problems mattmeck? if people want to use norrath zones/content on openeq doesnt it still have to be collected to get it to work right?

Kinda Openeq will solve one problom the staying up to live but the real problom and the point in this thread is collecting the npcs so once we have openeq working we have somthing to do once we are in game.

xeni
02-16-2005, 02:13 AM
if i collect from sebilis where i have my highest char log of sebilis french server could helpo you we dont have yet patched ths 26 january yet if that can help say quick we have this patch on 17 february ; i can easy collect oow zone for exemple or god one to texvu

fathernitwit
02-16-2005, 06:39 AM
if you can run the collector and it will print out 'found new connection.......' on the debug console, then you should be able to collect. Any extra logs would be great.

RangerDown
02-16-2005, 08:46 AM
We already have classic, kunark and velious era zones in our current databases. If you wish to collect for PEQ, I encourage you to focus your efforts on Luclin and beyond. The exception could be any old zones that got revamped -- Mistmoore and Splitpaw just got revamped on EQLive, and if you have the inclination to do so, please feel free to collect it.

A word of warning, the "revamp" was done true SOE style, which means taking what used to be a mid level dungeon and making it where you might not even survive zoning in unless you're in a full holy-trinity group that is 70, Time+ geared, with at least 200 AA points.

xeni
02-16-2005, 12:21 PM
if i use another collector can you exploit the log ? the sit work i send to you and see if can make something with it ;
heuuu where to send ? i am just registred on eqproject but cannot upload
and email provided here not work too

smuggler
03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
me + spring break + everquest = packet party

i'll get some stuff during the week. i'll probably die a lot on live. heh...

fathernitwit
03-29-2005, 12:38 PM
actually, this collector dosent work right now. Im beta testing a new collector, it should be ready soon. I will try to get it out in the next day or so.

fathernitwit
03-30-2005, 05:44 AM
New collector is out, post feedback in this thread:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=107104

Koshoji
03-31-2005, 07:55 AM
I want to help with this but, running win xp, I am getting an "ERROR RUNNING DEVICES" error. I am looking all over for the Win Pcap 3.0 but can't seem to locate it.

What should I do?

Koshoji
03-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Sorry guys. I found the answer I needed in the proper category.

I could have sworn I posted this in the Support forum .
Anyway, could the site manager please delete this post and my previous one above?
Thanks

MIA
04-11-2005, 03:44 AM
I can go collect from most of those zone except for a few that i dont have access to. One question can SoE detect me running the collector?

fathernitwit
04-14-2005, 04:40 AM
The collector cannot be detected unless sony invades your privacy and searched your computers memory... which they wont do. and even if they wanted to, the chances that they would even be looking for this collector is slim to none.

if your really worried about it, you can set it up in a passive sniffer mode with a hub and another machine, which would be 100% undetectable.

gottasummer
05-20-2005, 02:54 PM
I could help but I do not know how... do I run ethereal, or is there a program you made? I remember from a while ago, but not recently... I collected data for ethernal quest a long time ago, but their packet collector I am assuming is old and will not work with this.

Plus, your logger would log my password and such... wouldn't it?

Xabob
05-24-2005, 06:56 AM
No there is a privicy mode witch will block out your name and such so you cannot get in trouble

fathernitwit
05-24-2005, 06:24 PM
actually, we only log zone information, not login server or world info. So even without privacy mode, we cannot see your password nor could we see any other chars on your account.

vance090
09-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Ahhh i dont know how to set up eqemu at all i tried it like 600083409238 times please can someone help me.. My Aim is Vance090 and my email is sinujan@yahoo.com please hit me up

Belfedia
09-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Ahhh i dont know how to set up eqemu at all i tried it like 600083409238 times please can someone help me.. My Aim is Vance090 and my email is sinujan@yahoo.com please hit me up

http://www.succeedtoread.com/
that help :p
But more serious :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerGuide

stefann
10-28-2005, 08:18 PM
How do I help, I have a EQLive account and my platnium edition CD is on its way. Also what are the logs used for, building the PEQ database???

aragon
10-31-2005, 10:23 PM
How can I collect logs for Starwars galaxies for a future emulator? I have a live accout and plan to continue for a long time, so I can get a lot of information from the game till we get the emulator. Can I use this programa to this game is well or just for EQ?

ramajuko
11-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm collecting any plane I vist as well as any of the zones since Luclin....my main's only 56 so I cant do time or anything but I'll send what I can get.

btw, Mistmoore re-revamped back to its old state, so you might not need the logs

Axem
11-17-2005, 02:46 PM
u can easily get a free live account for 30 days if u sign up for the 'escape to norrath' trial. i signed up for it yesterday and activated the 10 level trial taht its supposed to come with (only supposed to come with the mines of gloomingdeep tut), and the next day i have an email in my inbox saying 'your everquest account has been fully activated for 30 days, enjoy!'. although this only gives you original eq, kunark, and velious, its still eq live and its for 30 days. would i be of any help with this? i can only make noob characters and cant exactly get to anywhere difficult.