PDA

View Full Version : More fun compiling zone.exe w/ perl ^^

SynMonger2
01-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Just got the cvs eqemu source, ran thru the tutorial on compiling with VC++6

I've no idea what I've done wrong, the tutorial is a bit out of date I suppose. I found out that in addition to adding emb*.*, you also need to add perl*.*

when I attempt to compile zone.exe here's what I get:

--------------------Configuration: Zone - Win32 Perl--------------------
Compiling...
AA.cpp
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\AA.cpp(404) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'database'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\zone.h(166) : see declaration of 'database'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\AA.cpp(404) : error C2228: left of '.GetNPCType' must have class/struct/union type
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\AA.cpp(718) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'database'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\zone.h(166) : see declaration of 'database'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\AA.cpp(718) : error C2228: left of '.GetSizeAA' must have class/struct/union type
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\AA.cpp(722) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '.'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\AA.cpp(722) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '.'

*had to shorten the post...*

C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(566) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(567) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(582) : error C2181: illegal else without matching if
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(594) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before '.'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(594) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '.'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(594) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(595) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
C:\EQEMU\Source\zone\waypoints.cpp(615) : error C2181: illegal else without matching if
worldserver.cpp
zone.cpp
zonedbasync.cpp
classes.cpp
crc32.cpp
database.cpp
dbasync.cpp
dbcore.cpp
DBMemLeak.cpp
debug.cpp
EMuShareMem.cpp
EQNetwork.cpp
eqtime.cpp
Item.cpp
md5.cpp
misc.cpp
MiscFunctions.cpp
moremath.cpp
Mutex.cpp
packet_dump.cpp
packet_dump_file.cpp
packet_functions.cpp
races.cpp
serverinfo.cpp
TCPConnection.cpp
timer.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

Zone.exe - 343 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The full text is too long to post, but the same errors are recurring throughout.

Any thoughts? Need the full text (over 36k characters max post size is 10k characters)?

Branks
01-16-2005, 12:04 AM
the database related errors are solved by placing
"extern Database database;" around line 41 of zone/client.h below all the #includes, as for the others im unsure, i havent messed with perl much but that should cut the list to a managable size.