PDA

View Full Version : Interesting development on the eqw versus eqgame patchme iss

Trumpcard
01-30-2002, 01:02 PM
I was prowling on Ashran's forums and noticed that people over there were running into the same problem. Well, someone posted something that fixed my issue, it seems to be related to Windows XP/2000.

My 2 windows boxes are running 2000 and XP. I had the same issue on both machines..

EQW2.2 was working just fine, but eqgame patchme was bombing out before the character select screen.

Now, when I type
eqgame.exe patchme , low and behold, it works like a charm..

So, for all of you eqgame patchme error 1017 sufferers, give that a shot and see if it cures your ails as it did mine..
Just append the .exe onto eqgame....

Zeitgeist
01-31-2002, 02:17 AM
fascinating, *takes notes* :D

Sin
01-31-2002, 02:49 AM
And what is it exactly that we're supposed to give a try?

I must have missed it, I don't see where you said what you tried that worked for you.

Edit: Ah, just saw it on the other thread.
eqgame vs eqgame.exe

Cyrax91x
01-31-2002, 10:42 AM
THANK YOU TRUMPCARD!

I am running win2k and that worked for me!

It is strange that not having that ".exe" at the end would make a difference.......

madborg
01-31-2002, 01:33 PM
I had seen the same solution and figured it was just a fabrication from someone that drank too much Jolt.

Never, never, had I heard of such a thing before that Windows cared about the EXE.

But there you go -- can't argue with success.

*BONKS* a Win 2000/XP developer. "What were you thinking!!!!"

alkrun
01-31-2002, 01:53 PM
It seems that 9x parses out the extension if it's omitted and appends it to args[0]. NT/2K do not.

Vipermmx
02-01-2002, 06:22 AM
Im using OLD win98 and it works when I do that. When I dont it doesnt. Old win98 sucks heh.

Just got a 4500 bechmark score though tweaking this op system and thats with a Geforce2. Woot!

azul14457
02-02-2002, 03:55 PM
umm, whats that?
where do u type eqgame.exe patchme
sorry i am mentally handicapped with computers u werent being specific enuff for me

madborg
02-02-2002, 04:00 PM
umm, whats that?
where do u type eqgame.exe patchme
sorry i am mentally handicapped with computers u werent being specific enuff for me

you should never go wrong if you type it out completely and not worry about the OS Windows flavor. I have even started posting with "eqgame.exe patchme". Eventually most of us will move over to XP anyway or some NT family version.

bouzi678
02-22-2003, 05:28 AM
i still cant get past it i typed in the patchme at the end then pressed start and it said couldnt start program in c:/program files/sony/EQ emu/eqgam.exe patchme

Trumpcard
02-22-2003, 05:37 AM
gamE has an e in it.

And this post is over a year old...lol.. i still remember when this problem popped up....

Make sure where your everquest game is installed at. Its not the same on everyone's computer anymore...