PDA

View Full Version : Items / Spells

Hexius
05-10-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm using the Eq Tools D/L from the 3rd party section, but I'm wondering, is there a program/way to create your own new spells? Some of the current spells don't have what i need. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hardy
05-10-2002, 04:48 PM
http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1058

Your Welcome :D

Shawn319
05-10-2002, 08:12 PM
be warned, if you use an edited spdat on your server, you and everyone that connect to your server MUST have the exact same spdat.eff in their EQ folder or all spells will be broken.

Razzle
05-13-2002, 09:00 AM
be warned, if you use an edited spdat on your server, you and everyone that connect to your server MUST have the exact same spdat.eff in their EQ folder or all spells will be broken.

How broken? Will it screw things up for other users, or only for the user without the edited spell file?

Are there any 'hacking' problems that can come from this, as in, someone getting on the server with spells they made, putting them in the slot of a cheaply purcashed spell, and casting it?

Hmm
05-13-2002, 09:33 AM
hmm thats a question. its most likely server side spell data wins tho. ie: you change 12 dd newbie spell to 9999 dd you cast it, mob will probily die or show major damage, then recovers/regain other than 12 dmg hp.

i could test that later.

Trumpcard
05-13-2002, 10:47 AM
That would be an interesting test...

You could modify the spells server side and not worry about the mismtached spdat.eff on the client side.. Maybe code some cases in so the server knows how to handle the situation. Im seriously speaking outta my ass here as I don't have a clue how a mismatch like this would be resolved, but its an interesting thought...