PDA

View Full Version : Having race trouble

dclark
01-26-2005, 10:09 AM
I have my server working, but most all the races don't work. When I use #race most turn me into a human the same works when I spawn mobs most turn into humans. Is there something I needed to download or is it some other problem.

mattmeck
01-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Each zone has a limited aount of races that can be spawned in them, all the player races and and pet races, then only a few mob races.

RangerDown
01-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Each race can have a male, female, or neuter version of itself. Most non-person creatures only have a neuter version, and if you are trying to #race yourself then you have a problem since your player character will either be male or female. Either use #gender to change yourself to the neutral gender, or use /becomenpc instead of #race if all you're interested in is turning yourself into various mob models. /becomenpc defaults to the neuter gender, though you can optionally specify the Male or Female model too. Type /becomenpc with no parameters to see the available options. You will need to have your #gm on to be able to use /becomenpc.

Most models are available only in the zones in which EQLive has those monsters spawned. They will appear as a bald human in zones where the model isn't loaded. Only a handful of creatures are universally available in all zones.

dclark
01-27-2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks I have been able to spawn npc now that I want.