PDA

View Full Version : State Of The EMU

fathernitwit
01-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Well,

I thought I would give a quick state of the emulator statement with what little knowledge I have now, and update it as more becomes avaliable.

The path on 1/26 brought the new netcode into eq1. However, it does not encrypt things we think, have not had a lot of time to look though. On the other hand, they could easily slap encryption on it at any time, and based on their past, this will happen eventually.

What does this mean?
1. EQEmu is extra broken right now, since we need to completely redo our network layer. Work is under way.
2. We have enough knowledge to complete this task we think, time is the factor.
3. Collection as we know it will still be possible once we have new network code.

who knows what tomorow will bring.

RangerDown
01-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be theeeeeeerre
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be theeeeeeerre
I'll be theeeeeeerre

wrench
01-29-2005, 09:22 AM
So this means that the login servers are down, yeah? (ie is this why i cant login atm?)

on a side note: are you using "<"span onclick="window.location... for your hyperlinks on the site (when the curser doesn't change)?

igme2005
02-07-2005, 04:00 AM
this is really nice of fathernitwit to give us ideas/updates on which patch version they are currently working at. there was a thread which provides dev updates (at least which patch they are working on) but the links died out long ago.

thanks fathernitwit.

if it would not be a hassle and on ur free time, please let us know if you guys decides to change the patch version ur working on =) will try looking at the codes and see if i can understand them enough to be of any help ... been a long time since i've last programmed in c++. plus, work and school is a bit rough these months.

Eq-emu-Monster
02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
:x The sign in is not working and i want to play for my first time. I played the real game but got bored of having bad gear. This sounds really cool but it wont work. plz make another reply to jus fill me in about why its not working. :?

qbvbsite
02-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Hello,
I recently found this website and was wondering if there was anything I can to to help. I have a programming background in various languages including some C++. As i have read the previous patch has broke EQEmu and the network layer needs to be re-written. If the developer could contact me I will start to use my free time to get EQEmu up and working again. thx for yout time.

-- Jammer

Titanlock
05-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah guys im new to this whole emulator thing and i got tired of lining sony's deep pockets but i couldnt get this to work yesterday when i found it but if there is anythign i can do lemme know

-Scott

Jalister
05-16-2006, 04:09 AM
This is an old thread, and much progress has been made since then. Since you are new to this, the only way for you to use the emulator is to purchase a copy of the Titanium edition. Reading the wiki will also be very beneficial.