PDA

View Full Version : ServerOP Support

Liscadipesce
01-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Greets

After conversations with a few server ops that run recognizable servers, a group of Server OPs has gotten together to create ServerOP Support.

ServerOP Support has been designed to get Server OPs together to share information and code with eachother. As of late, the developers of EQEMu has been overloaded with many things to fix, such as getting EQEMu to work with EverQuest Live.

ServerOP Support has their own forums, where Server OPs can submit documentation on the running of a server, and a place to submit code that will be entered in CVS.

This is an alternative to becoming a developer. A place and group where you can submit code casually, and not be pressured to keep up.

If you are interested in joining, we request that you have a server that has been running for at least one month, with a stable connection, and must have coding experience. If you are one of those people, please visit the forums and click on 'User CP'. Once loaded, click on Group Memberships. I haven't done this, but somewhere there you can choose a group to join, and find the group called ServerOp Support. Once chosen, I will review applications and accept/decline the request. I will only decline requests if you do not meet the standards.

Please include information on the server you run and the run time.

ServerOp Support is a place where knowledgeable people can speak together about server issues. All members will get code changes before released into the CVS. The forum will be locked to anyone unless you join. We want to keep it organized. Please really consider this before joining.

Lets make a difference and help EQEMu, and all other aspiring Server Ops out. Join today!

<b><u>Edit from Rogean</u></b>
In addition to the new ServerOP Support system, Any ServerOP's wanting to have forums that are part of EQEmulator's Vbulletin are welcome to. As you can see, Forums have already been created for the return of Guildwars (You can see them <a href='http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=644'>Here</a>.)

ServerOP's wanting to take advantage of this will be given 3 basic public forums (General Discussion, Feature Requests, Bug Reports), and a Private Discussion for GM's. Additional forums can be made on request. ServerOP's will be given Moderator powers to their forums, as well as the power to add GM's to the usergroup to view the GM Forums.

If you would like forums created, or more information, please <a href='http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/member.php?u=25017'>pm me</a> (Rogean). You should include the following: Server Name, ServerOPs, GM's, and any additional forums you want. You may also PM me on IRC. Thanks.