PDA

View Full Version : EmuLaunch (Client Launcher utility)

alkrun
01-30-2002, 01:24 PM
I've put together a client launcher utility. Let's you set up a list of emulator servers (eqemu, ethernalquest or otherwise) and manages your eqhost.txt file so you don't have to keep changing it out.

Basic operation:

1)Start emulaunch.exe
2)Click 'Add' and enter a server name(alias), the server address(dns or ip), and the port numbers for the server. Example:

Name: eqemumain
Address: eqlogin.gotfrags.com
Ports:
Login: 5999

That would set up an entry for the main eqemu login server. Once you set up a server, it's stored in the registry for future use. The emulaunch utility will also remember the last server you connected to and come up with it selected by default.

3)Verify that your everquest folder is correct.

4)Click 'Connect'

This writes out a eqhost.txt file, a new datarate.txt file (set to 2.5K/sec to minimize server bandwidth usage) and launches eqgame.exe. When eqgame.exe exits, emulaunch will replace the eqhost.txt and datarate.txt with your originals.

URLs:
ftp://ftp.ofasoft.com/pub/emulaunch.zip (binaries)
ftp://ftp.ofasoft.com/pub/emulaunchsrc.zip (source)

There's no installer right now, you can put emulaunch in whatever directory you want and create a shortcut. If you have any feedback / comments, send them to feedback@ofasoft.com.

Enjoy,
Jon

Zeitgeist
01-31-2002, 02:19 AM
/cheer! hey it's alky =) good to see you around jonjuan =)

Pyrotek
01-31-2002, 02:30 AM
I see you've released the source. Good move. I suggest that you add an option to execute either eqgame or EQW.

Nice little prog

alkrun
01-31-2002, 04:08 AM
I haven't used EQW. Will have to install it this evening and figure out how it works.

And howdy, Z.

Zeitgeist
01-31-2002, 08:04 AM
yeah pyro i already bugged him to make it work with EQW :)

Scruffy
02-01-2002, 10:30 AM
If you need a client launcher for EQW (and regular EQ too), you can always try EverQuest Login 5. It's available at http://www.geocities.com/scruffyeq/ and works with the current emulator.