PDA

View Full Version : AUCTION : How much time will guildwars last?

boucoune
02-03-2005, 05:21 PM
This auction is to bet how much time will guildwars last, winner gets 10$ USD, you can use the poll for fun but post how many month(s) you think it'll be up.

Farrenz
02-03-2005, 05:33 PM
pssh, It will not die...again...The idea still lives on and thus will not vanish.

footfall99
02-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I think it will last a month or less..the guy is running a private server..kinda doubting it will ever make it public...
-Footfall99

RangerDown
02-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Wow, that's an objective unbiased poll ;)

I had a conversation with one of the key people just a couple days ago and offered my input on what can make it a good, long-lasting server. While, just out of personal taste, I'm not that interested in the kind of ruleset GW has, I think the population of the old server before it went down speaks for itself. People had a ton of fun on it, and hopefully the proper measures are being implemented so that the issues that led to its first shutdown won't repeat themselves. If so, I foresee it being a popular server for a year or more down the road, and hopefully that can breathe some new life into eqemu.

Besides, after its shutdown, a handful of the playerbase has just kinda became homeless bums around here... lingering around the forums and the IRC channels and in general annoying the rest of us :) Give them a home again and make them productive members of eqemu society... well, productive might be too much to ask but at least they're busy playing and not bothering the rest of us :)

BTW, what escrow company did you leave that $10 with to make sure when I win the poll I'm guaranteed the payout? :D

02-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Running a private server? Im ordering the dedicated server next week, genius -_-

Also it will stay up as long as there is money set aside from donators to keep it up.

KhaN
02-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Just by reading the millions of post on eqemu boards, even a drum monkey could figure eqemu need a PVP server, and image proved GW a pretty decent PVP server, so i think (and hope) it will last long.

ryder911
02-05-2005, 12:37 PM
I think its going to last a while, it has alot of potetional, look at how good the other too did, and they're probally just going to improve upon those