PDA

View Full Version : Raid Addicts

KingMortenson
02-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Some of you may remember me the Creator of Raid Addicts (Semi-Legit) after a year or so I have come back. Talks are in progress of re-starting my server and most likely Krusher will be hosting this.

Now technically I gave Rogean Raid Addicts, Then I went to Live and created RA 2.0 www.raidaddicts.net which wasn't a server but an Online gaming community.

The new server will be an exact (well as close as I can get it based on memory) replicant of the Original Raid Addicts (Semi-Legit) that I ran. However it will probably be called Mortenson's Raid Addicts.

Anyway lots of details yet to cover I expect it to be opened within the next month or so :) Probably will be doing lots of testing before that so look for it on the server list.

King Mortenson

Will be calling it KingMort's Original RA :) as to not confuse others with Rogean's Raid Addicts

waternorth
02-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Hello,

I was devving for a RA-clone server, that, unfortunately, got shut down (newbie didn't have enough $$$ to continue). If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

MSN: marcusdipaola204@hotmail.com
AIM: waternorth0
mIRC: Waternorth (No shit)

Rogean
02-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Hello,

I was devving for a RA-clone server, that, unfortunately, got shut down (newbie didn't have enough $$$ to continue). If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

MSN: marcusdipaola204@hotmail.com
AIM: waternorth0
mIRC: Waternorth (No shit)

Mortenson's version of RA, and the server that I ran.. are completely different.

The server that mortenson ran was on 4.4, and very different from the 5.0+ series of RA Servers that I ran. So before anyone gets excited, I thought I'd let you guys know.

KingMortenson
02-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah the only thing Rog kept from my server was The Asshole Bossmob in KC :)

Bonebreaker
02-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey King let me know if you need help.
Former GM RA
-Bonebreaker

KingMortenson
02-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Temp website up at www.geocities.com/raidaddicts guys.

KingMortenson
02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Well just some news about server,

Kunark, Luclin, Velious and POP are for the most part fully spawned with working Loot Tables.

Players on KMRA can summon ONLY Dropable Items

There are 2 new Quests that are working that were custom made

PRINCE XYPHER in Firiona Vie and Queen Mortenson in Arena are part of the same quest. Talk with them about how to Aquire the Ancient Elite Armor set. Some nice screenshots of that on the site www.geocities.com/raidaddicts,

INSTRUMENT OF GODLYNESS Quest is working the quest giver is somewhere in GFAY. need to work out a few bugs tho to really get it prime. Screenshot for this sword also on site...

KingMort

notre
02-22-2005, 03:04 PM
It is I, if you recall me that is..Lord Notre, fearless leader of the much envied Seventh Hammer guild on the old RA. I was disappointed to see that when I tried to log in I was no longer ><, I would be happy to help out with anything that I can should you return.

Akro
02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey hey.

This is Boxx/Keel. I remember playing on the King's RA Server. It totally rocked, and I would more than love to see it come back.

The new server will be an exact (well as close as I can get it based on memory) replicant of the Original Raid Addicts (Semi-Legit) that I ran.

Quick question. Will it also include the Growing Weapon? (that class-based weapon that "grew" when you leveled)

Well, I wish I could help out, but I don't know jack about programming and stuff. But I'll be here cheering you on. Will that work? ;)

Copenhagen
02-26-2005, 11:36 AM
I play here and it's the most fun I've had on an emulated server. You can start out level 65 so no grinding in lootless zones is required.

KingMortenson
03-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Well we got our server up on a Nice P4 3.0GHZ Dedicated Linux server with 1 gig of ram running the latest Slackware.. We have 20 zones up and it's SMOOTH :)

NTOV Ring of Vulak is working great!
Ancient Elite Armor Quests Finished completly
Instrument of Godlyness Quests Finished completly (needs further testing)
Ancient Frost Armor (the 2nd phase in armor) is Nearly done.

We no longer have #SI enabled, There are merchants in the Arena who sell some starter gear, the rest players go and obtain themselves

Karnors Castle has Many Very nice GoD and OOW drops there,

The Arena God has several New Quest items and drops

Vulak is now dropping new Quest items ( will be putting regular drops on him and the other dragons in the ring event later )

Clan Crushbone is now dropping Very nice GoD and OOW drops, That do not drop in Karnors Castle but Much more rare!

We are working on several new Quests / Events and Ideas

Possible Working Kerafrym
Slavers Quest (based off Fallout 2)
The Lemming Quests
Armor of the Gods (Phase 3 armor set)
Phoenix Armor (Phase 4 armor set)
Growing Armor (Phase 5 armor set
Tai'Kudar Weapons (Phase 2 Weapon Drops)

Several Custom Zones in the works as well!!!

New Website up at
http://kmra.fliphost.net
Useing the latest PHP Nuke

Current Raid Addicts Staff - KingMortenson (Project Design) - Mangoo (Lead Coding Consultant) - Buri AKA Trinity (Lead Quest Coder)

Stop in and see us looking forward to your visits!

King Mortenson

Wolfgame
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
This is just my on personal opinon, but there are a few problems with this server, the original form of this server was semi-legit which worked great, you could summon enough prayers of life, but still had a challenge, I was out for awhile and came abck and everything has changed. some of the quest drops in karnors were hellishly long at times and with the removal of summonitem and lack of new players starting (ones who got in while the gettin was good to summon everything) you might experience alot of issues.

KingMortenson
03-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Aye well actually 2 years ago I was moving toward Custom Legit, we just didn't have the right stuff back then. Now we do. I took out #SI but you can get your basic armor sets and weapons from the Merchants there in the Arena, Plus like I said before from Original EQ - POP is nearly fully spawned with working loot tables. Honestly I think it's more fun to go out and get your good drops, Also there is a working Commerce ;) So people have to get PP and sell and buy items ect which makes it more enjoyable...Eventually I may even take out #goto but I won't take out #zone don't worry :)

Ok so lacking lots of news for updates..
ZONE CHANGES

* Kael finished with working Drops and 1 Ring Event

* Clan Crushbone Finished as a High Level Zone

* The Ring of Vulak'Aerr is now fully functional in NTOV dropping several Quest Items

* Anguish still in the works as well as Riftseekers, and Dranik.

***NEW***
* Sebilis is now open as an 85-110 EXP zone, with 3 Ring Events !!! Drops will not be as frequent as Karnors, but more ubber as you fight your way in deeper.

* Phase 2 Armor Quest is now finished! The quest giver is in ThurgadinB. It is the upgrade to the Ancient Elite armor set.

* The Goblin Quest is now finished! Some of you may remember this from the Original Raid Addicts, I hope you enjoy it!

KingMortenson
03-12-2005, 06:25 PM
oh and btw back then they used Lavender Vials not Prayers hehe :) and those Prayers are for sale on the Merchants , also going to be putting back the old SLOW HAMMER , does anyone remember what that was called I can't for the life of me lol.

KingMort

Wolfgame
03-13-2005, 06:32 AM
slow hammer? I think your talking about the Midnight Mallet

KingMortenson
03-13-2005, 09:05 PM
WOOT YES thats it lol
couldn't remember ty

jubeiie
04-23-2005, 04:36 AM
I'm not flaming any other server at all. Alot of them are great, but KMRA is by far one of the coolest, sweetest, and the funnest server ever. I'm actually thinking about quiting live just to play on Kings server. The quest items are sick, exp is sick, almost everything works (except for some of the good aa's=(
but in all it rocks. Just my 2cp

ZozzET
05-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey Mort, if you're still around...remember the name of that item with the right click haste that was on the original RA?
(This is Krimz btw if you remember me :p ) was a GM on the old server for a while, donated a little too if that helps jog your memory, lol. Had a custom earring named something like Krimz's earring of power.

Rogean
05-02-2005, 06:46 AM
All this talk of the Old RA.. I'm getting flashbacks! Almost makes me feel like playing... Or making my own! :(

RangerDown
05-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Should I add you to the 15k and growing list of peeps who didn't like the SWG combat upgrade? :D

/me ties Rogean to a chair and sets it next to an already tied up Lethal.

We're not letting you get away from us again! ;)

Rogean
05-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Should I add you to the 15k and growing list of peeps who didn't like the SWG combat upgrade? :D

/me ties Rogean to a chair and sets it next to an already tied up Lethal.

We're not letting you get away from us again! ;)

Friggen Combat Upgrade. Theres a lot more than 15k people who didn't like it.

The SWG Forums are a mess, people protesting all over the place. The swgpetition has 15k signatures.. Stores are starting to take SWG off the shelves, reports are that SWG lost 65% of its player base.

If SOE Doesn't roll SWG back to pre-cu then they are going to give themselves a HORRIBLE name, and it will have devestating circumstances for them.

They nerfed my LVA :'(

RangerDown
05-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Well at least you're coming back NOW and not this past weekend when I talked a bunch of smack in IRC about how Texas was gonna kick Boston's ass on Sunday. If you'd actually been around to see me typing you might have pressured me into making a bet on it.

Lucky me :D

Rogean
05-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Well at least you're coming back NOW and not this past weekend when I talked a bunch of smack in IRC about how Texas was gonna kick Boston's ass on Sunday. If you'd actually been around to see me typing you might have pressured me into making a bet on it.

Lucky me :D

[10:32PM] <%RangerDown> <--- This ranger will be watching rangers this Sunday
[10:33PM] <%RangerDown> and they gonna KICK BOSTON'S AZZ!!!
[10:33PM] * %RangerDown slaps Rogean around a bit with a large trout
[10:33PM] * &Rogean counterslaps RangerDown!
[10:33PM] * %RangerDown slaps Rogean around a bit with a large trout
[10:33PM] * &Rogean counterslaps RangerDown!
[10:40PM] <kamikaze> haha
[10:40PM] <kamikaze> you got counterslapped mofo
[10:40PM] <%RangerDown> we'll see who's getting slapped when Rangers kick Boston's ass

[11:03PM] <14%RangerDown> but I do know this....
[11:03PM] * %RangerDown slaps Rogean around a bit with a large trout
[11:03PM] * &Rogean counterslaps RangerDown!
[11:03PM] <14%RangerDown> Texas 7 Boston 2 beeyotch!

[10:40AM] <%RangerDown> I just logged on real quick to say
[10:40AM] <%RangerDown> Once again,
[10:41AM] <%RangerDown> Texas is gonna kick Boston's ass today!
[10:41AM] * %RangerDown slaps Rogean around a bit with a large trout
[10:41AM] * &Rogean counterslaps RangerDown!
[10:41AM] * %RangerDown slaps Rogean around a bit with a large trout
[10:41AM] * &Rogean counterslaps RangerDown!

[11:51PM] <%RangerDown> welp, rangers lost to Boston today :(
[11:51PM] <%RangerDown> and after all the smack I talked to Rogean that we were gonna whoop Boston's ass
[11:52PM] <%RangerDown> fortunately he wasn't at his keyboard to read any of it, or I'd have to eat my words

heh

RangerDown
05-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Ok... so.... my coworker points out Smedley's announcement about the SWG combat upgrade on the forums here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=generalgame&message.id=85

... and look who posts RIGHT UNDERNEATH HIM!
:D

Rogean
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Right place Right time =)

RangerDown
05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
A well written response too I might add. One that SOE, if they have any brains left at all, should take to heart.

sysadmin
05-05-2005, 07:19 AM
51 pages of complaints so far, I really hope SOE gets PWNED. It is just unbelievable that Sony Online Entertainment simply don