PDA

View Full Version : Badusername/password

xzyphor
02-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Even though EQemu is up now i'm still gettin the baduser name/ password when i attempt to log into eq... i was told that this would be fixed when the site was up but nah anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do... i'd of lost my 37 magi =0(

Rogean
02-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Which loginserver are you using?

Talamr
02-14-2005, 06:55 AM
i get bad name and pw also.

my eqhost file:
[Registration Servers]
{
"register.eqemulator.net:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"63.85.17.2:5997"
}

Edit -
thought id add that i have my accounts claimed.
You are using 2 out of 3 of your accounts.
Account 1: talamr
Account 2: magic256

RangerDown
02-14-2005, 07:02 AM
That is an incorrect eqhost.txt file.

Grab the host file from http://www.eqemulator.net/eqhost.txt and save it over what you have. This is the correct host.

Talamr
02-14-2005, 07:14 AM
it seems to automatically change it.. cuz i already tried that.

edit -
tried using the eqemu shortcut rather then wr. to try to dodge patcher. eh it says no host found. and then i tried the eqhost for wR. that doesnt work either. i get 1001 with that one. and using wr i get bad name/pass.

<<<<<No backpatcher talk>>>>>>

RangerDown
02-14-2005, 07:47 AM
EQEmu does not offer WR support here. Go to WR forums for any issues you have with WR.

Talamr
02-14-2005, 09:08 AM
yea see 1 problem. its not a WR thing. its a eqemu thing. the eqemu site was down. making the loginserver down. making WR resort to a backup. which doesnt include newer accounts. now, seeing how loginservers are through eqemu. it is a eqemu thing. so that is why i post here. now i assume that the <<<<stop talking about illegal stuff!!>>> seems to automatically update the eqhost or something. which will be changed. im guessing on this. if so. hopefully its changed back and problem solved.

and i dont say this is eqemu being crappy or something with their servers going down or what not. i just say that this doesnt seem to be a WR problem and wouldnt hurt being posted here.

edit -
i also notice mattmecks edit. i dont recal a backpatcher talk? i remember saying i loaded an old eqhost.txt? which i thought is why we saved them?

cynnyn
02-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey Talamr :-)

I think from talking with Caeith at one point he said, that WR has to redirect there pointing system back to the eqemu database so that all us new registered players can log into WR again.

Not 100% on that as to I am new to all of this but it sounds good.

Myself am going to try to make my own server to play with all this so that I can learn more about the whole working of it all :-)

Talamr
02-14-2005, 04:17 PM
heya cynn,
aye thats what i was thinkin also=)
but i never know what is goin on with these things. i just hope a new backup is made heh.