PDA

View Full Version : Zonelines With OZ

DaSquishy
02-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Anyone know if there is a method of marking an object as a zoneline like OZ_WATER, OZ_LAVA, etc? Unfortunately all I see on the main OZ interface is a black box (presumably due to my crappy ATI video card) so I've just been using 3d studio max to create everything then importing and exporting to s3d.

Also, has anyone who has/had the same problem with their ATI vid card found any sneaky ways around it - aside from launching it out a window and getting a new one? I am very curious to see the rest of OZ's features!

KhaN
02-22-2005, 10:37 PM
OZ actually dont work with ATI video cards (Well, with somes, it work). It is why you are getting problems with OZ, WindCatcher will release soon a version of OZ compatible with ATI cards.

Concerning your question with zonelines, no, its not possible, but if WC can confirm it, maybe we could add this option to OZ (Like you, i modelise all in 3DSMax and use only OZ as a converter). Personally, for zonelines, i do it DB side.

Windcatcher
02-23-2005, 04:47 AM
Bleh. Those darned ATI cards...Okay, I can see that today is "Time for Wind to work on OpenZone day." Don't fret, I've solved the ATI issue. I've been making a lot of changes to OpenZone's engine lately, so let me see if I can quickly put everything back together again and get a release out.

You can mark zonelines in OpenZone, but it's a three-step process:

1. Mark all your zone lines in the ground editor.
2. From the main window, select File...Export...Export zone line info to .ZPT.
3. Export your zone (of course).

OpenZone has online help that explains the process, but basically zone line information has to go into two places: into your exported zone files and into the server database. the .ZPT file is a text file that contains the information that you should enter into your database for that zone.

Okay, I'll stop typing now and get cracking...

WC