Cisyouc
02-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Is this project dead or........?

KhaN
02-22-2005, 10:39 PM
RIP OpenEQ ... next one ?

daeken_bb
02-25-2005, 12:28 PM
All depends... do you want it to be? It's up to you guys if you want it to be worked on anymore. I don't have time to focus on it anymore, but if anyone wants to take it over and continue with it, they're more than welcome.

abforme2004
03-01-2005, 06:23 AM
I miss eqemu so much you dont even know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 EQEMU!!!!!!
**DONT YOU EVER DIE ON ME**

Cisyouc
03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
um........... what?

This is OpenEQ, EQEmu is still alive.

Virus11
03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I miss eqemu so much you dont even know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 EQEMU!!!!!!
**DONT YOU EVER DIE ON ME**

Somebody needs to get laid :rolls eyes:

JohnMcguirk
03-10-2005, 05:31 AM
By dont have time for it anymore, he means he realised it was a silly concept and lost all inspiration.

Virus11
03-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Everything seems to be a silly concept to you, doesn't it?

male_member
03-10-2005, 11:02 AM
:roll:. N1 virus. you really owned me there. I will restate why OpenEQ was doomed to fail from concept alone. if you use any part of EQ , client , zone files , music , etc .. you are violating the copyright. So then to get around this you would have to make an opensource version of the entire game without using any knowledge or source from the copyrighted game.
I highly doubt anyone will be able to make anything similar to EQ now in under about 3 years
What it comes down to is basically what your are invisioning and attempting to make is a completely new game that has some basic references to EQ but is in no way EQ. So all in all youd do better giving it a name that didnt include EQ(which is copyrighted anyway) OpenEQ includes a different (Inferior) client, 3d renderer , netowrk code, 3d, npc text, quests and lore. now they cant cry warez. why? because it has NOTHING TO DO WITH EQ ANYMORE. if you want to emulate eq there going to have to be able to cry warez. if you just want to make your own server, but with a different engine, client, 3d, and everything, why wait for OpenEQ to do it? your server has nothing to do with eq, use an engine which is already far into development.

Memener
03-25-2005, 07:51 PM
ROFL

male_member, WTF are you talking about??? If there was copyright problems are some kinda of BS like that. EQEmu would not be what it is today. only thing copyright says, we (eqemu) cant reverse engineer the EverQuest[font=Times New Roman] [size=4][size=2]

Cisyouc
03-26-2005, 01:27 AM
This thread is now going to be locked.

Might I just say that OpenEQ did not fail because of any copyright problems.. not being EQ anymore ...all that. The project was closed simply because the developer wanted to continue a project he had already been working on previously.