PDA

View Full Version : Database Vulnerability

Richardo
02-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Ok, I am banned from eqemu irc. Wizeone banned me because supposely I know how to "hack" servers other than the obvious DB vulnerability 75% everyone already knows.. btw Wizeone, I already had access to their database which is being hosted on a new server box, and this is how I had access... I was flagged a long time ago and forgot IP addy which RangerDown helped me get... There are accual other vulnerabilities but im not sure if they are in the database, and I dont know how to do them, I was just saying this to yank RangerDowns chain imo...

-Rogean.EQEmulator.net- *** You are permanently banned from EQEmulator (banned untill you you provide the devs the info
on exploits that put peoples emu machines at risk)

This is unjustiful imo...

StarLightKitten
03-01-2005, 02:52 AM
Your best bet is to PM Doodman explaining your situation. You really shouldn't be posting in the forums what happened.

Please Lock this thread, Devs. Thanks in advance :)

RangerDown
03-01-2005, 03:17 AM
/em resists the urge to contribute to a drama thread

Doodman
03-01-2005, 03:32 AM
The biggest issue is you have hacked servers in the past and have refused to provide information to the community as to how this was accomplished. You have been banned more times for these types of actions than anyone I can recall, and you have always been given a second chance.

This puts people who run servers at risk to others like yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, if you have knowledge that would benefit the community if it was shared with the devs but you are not willing, so I feel you should no longer be part of this community that you've (ab)used in the past.

If you have issue with this, you can take it up with -ME-. Until that time I will reinstitute -any- ban that is removed by -any- party.

Case closed.