PDA

View Full Version : same problem

madgamer2000
01-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Im having the exact same problem as you madborg. The zone .bat files crash before the world server can even recognize them. Im running win98, and cant seem to fix it. Iv reinstalled the emu as well as mysql, and nothing seems to work. Has anyone gotten 1.9 to work so far?

d53642
01-19-2002, 03:03 PM
I am not sure if patching to the lastest EQ patches is wise cause I can't even get my eq to boot anymore but here is the fix for the zone thing. This was posted by Stud I believe on the old message board!

d53642

Stud

rabid penguin

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 18 2002,10:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is precisely what I had to do to get zones to boot up in 1.9...don't ask me what this is a symptom of, but, this is how it went....

Using a fresh install, fresh DB, everything. My world would launch up fine. My zones would initialize saying using db eq at 127.0.0.1 then just totally disappear, never connecting to the world server.

I logged in with my client as far as the world server, and created a character. I fired up the eqadmintool went into modify the new acct to set him as server op and give him a password. When I went to commit that change the first time, I got a pop up that said something along the lines of "DB not in insert mode", I pressed commit again and it took the change fine.

THEN I fired up the boot5zones.bat and they all connected to the world server and fired up corrrectly.

It looks to me like for some reason the zones were not able to connect to the DB until after I commited the change to the DB and got passed that "DB not in insert mode" error.

madgamer2000
01-19-2002, 03:39 PM
I did exactly what you had copied from the other post and it worked. The 2nd commit changes went through and things so far are working. Thanks a bunch for the help.

madborg
01-19-2002, 03:58 PM
worked like a charm. I can now run the zones and log in.

I notice that I am missing the Maps directory. Was I suppose to create a subdirectory called Maps and then load the maps from eqemu admin tool map files? And will the admin tool be able to find the directory?

I don't really want two sets of map files around.

How long have I been asleep?

madgamer2000
01-20-2002, 06:04 AM
I noticed that i was missing the map files supposidly as well. Im not completely sure what it would do for me while inside the emulator its self. Although with FQAdmin 2.2 under the preferences button at the bottom you can set the diretory it looks in for the map files, and once that is set you can use the maps in the FQAdmin program. If im way off and this wasnt what you were refering to just ignore my rambelings ;)

edited to clear up some things

madborg
01-20-2002, 07:19 AM
The map files are used for gunder's movement code and I believe that his stuff is in 0.1.9.

But I tried to use the admin tool maps and create a subdirectory called Maps under eqemu. Got rid of the "no maps" message, but I got a program crash so fast it made my nose bleed. So I renamed the directory until I figure out what is going on there.

I also noticed that the skybox has changed. Looks like 0.1.9 is using scruffy's code that also had the same skyeffect if you didn't use the correct EQ file for it.