PDA

View Full Version : Some quests I've done...

Rodnoldo
03-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Hello,

I've been running a family LAN server for a couple of years now. Since the 6.0 version came out, with PERL enabled, I've been writing a number of quests for the family. Mostly lessons I want the kids to learn but I've created a number of utility quests.

1. Got the translocators to work to replace almost all the ships (with help from the forums).

2. Got the soulbinders to work in zones I frequent. I add them as I find them in my exploring.

3. Put in quests for named druids (some are vendors) at all of the druid rings to teleport you to any ring or circle location. It's a free druid service, but it's easy to add a 10 pp charge for the service (like in Live). I wanted to replicate the "run to a druid ring and look for a druid to tp me to etc" aid in my LAN server. I can't seem to get Feerott to work, though. I keep landing in some cloudy, lofty-looking place.

4. Made a few shamans (or barbarians) at fishing villages cast sow on you when you request it. West K, East K, West Commonlands, North Ro.

5. A temple cleric in good cities (also Ak'Anon) cast a complete heal on you when asked.

6. Ezmirella in North K will sell you a number of Velius and Luclin items for a fee. Since Velius and Luclin aren't in PEQ yet, I still wanted some of the items in our game.

7. Grumpy old Ran Walker (Surefall Glade) will cast sow, translocate you to the inside of the Surefall tunnel, by the guards, in the north end of Qeynos Hills, instead of always zoning to the south end near the North Qeynos zone.

8. A couple of little Rivervale quests to help a lost young halfling girl return to her halfling mother and a young halfling boy return a war medal (locket) to his grandpa halfling. Did this one for my daughter who loves to give muffins and milk to the young halflings whenever she's in Rivervale.

I've also added about 235 armor items to my items table and have a number of quests associated with about 1/3 of those items, so far. But those are server theme quests and would require someone to source in my add-on items file.

If anyone is interested in those, I'd be happy to share. They all work and have a remarked out line at the bottom of the perl script to provide zone, NPC names, NPC ID. The quest scripts have item numbers (give and summons) and relevant say.

By the way, I also realized that you can add storylines to the game GUI by following the format for stories in the client /storyline directory. I've written a few stories for the kids which provide clues for our server theme quests.

Rodnoldo

sdabbs65
03-09-2005, 11:35 PM
disregard.