View Full Version : OpenZone : Downloads
You will find here links for OpenZone downloads and other softwares done by Windcatcher, or related to OpenZone.
OpenZone 8.6 (http://openzone.xonos.net/Downloads/OpenZone_8.6.zip) Mirror (http://passiongn.fr/~windcatcher/OpenZone_8.6.zip)
EQEmu Admin Tool 5.9 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=657860)
ZoneExplorer 1.2 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=633043)
OpenSpell 2.0 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=652966)
Dungeon Builder 2.0 (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/DungeonBuilder_2.0.zip?use_mirror=internap)
OpenZone Sample Scenes (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/scenepack2.zip?use_mirror=internap)
OpenZone Sample Textures 2.6 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=276191)
S3DSpy 1.3 (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/S3DSpy_1.3.zip?use_mirror=osdn)
ZoneProxy 1.5 (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/ZoneProxy_1.5.zip?use_mirror=osdn)
DZoneConverter 1.3 (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/DZoneConverter_1.3.zip?use_mirror=osdn)
XMI player (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izmqjwzjlmn)
OpenZone 5.6 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_5.6.zip?download)
OpenZone 5.5 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_5.5.zip?download)
OpenZone 5.4 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_5.4.zip?download)
OpenZone 5.3 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_5.3.zip?download)
OpenZone 5.2 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_5.2.zip?download)
OpenZone 5.1 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_5.1.zip?download)
OpenZone 5.0 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_5.0.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.9 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.9.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.8 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.8.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.7 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.7.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.6 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.6.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.5 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.5.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.4 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.4.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.3 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.3.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.2 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.2.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.1 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.1.zip?download)
OpenZone 4.0 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_4.0.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.9 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.9.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.8 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.8.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.7 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.7.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.6 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.6.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.5 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.5.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.4 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.4.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.3 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.3.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.2 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.2.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.1 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.1.zip?download)
OpenZone 3.0 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_3.0.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.9 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.9.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.8 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.8.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.7 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.7.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.6 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.6.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.5 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.5.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.4 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.4.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.3 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.3.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.2 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.2.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.1 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.1.zip?download)
OpenZone 2.0 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_2.0.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.9 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.9.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.8 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.8.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.7 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.7.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.6 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.6.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.5 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.5.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.4 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.4.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.3 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.3.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.2 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.2.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.1 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.1.zip?download)
OpenZone 1.0 : Download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_1.0.zip?download)
01-06-2008, 12:18 PM
It's nice having some admin privileges :)
I edited KhaN's original post and put up links to the newest versions of my software (I hadn't realized there was so much). Nearly everything has been updated since the last release, so anyone who is interested is in for a lot of downloading.
1. Made a small change to .XWF/.XWA exporting so models with multiple facial variations (e.g. player models) can be supported.
2. Made some improvements to certain meshes in the mesh library that contain lights (elf lantern and brazier).
3. Made some improvements to the brick bank, store, and tavern.
4. Made a slight change to the male wood elf, dark elf, and human models so they can support multiple facial textures.
5. Added female wood elf and female dark elf player models.
6. Added beetle mob model (7 subtypes). This is not compatible with the live client and will work properly only with SimpleClient (as it uses a different mesh for each subtype).
7. Added a hanging flag "creature" model. It is used by exporting it as a mob model and placing it with the server's "objects" database table.
8. Fixed a bug in the texture selection popup window where the colors were off.
9. The usual slate of bugfixes.
EQEmu Admin Tool 5.5
1. Lots of bug fixes.
2. Added several buttons for copying records that make life a lot easier.
3. Enhanced the map component on the Spawns tab:
a. It can show names of all mobs on the map.
b. It supports a placeholder when toggled. If you left-click on the map it will set the placeholder's position. When it is set, you can highlight any mob and move it to the placeholder by clicking the pink arrow button.
c. It has two radio buttons that let you switch the scrolling speed (x1 or x10). This should make life easier.
1. Enhanced the icon selection window to support SimpleClient's file naming scheme.
2. Fixed a typo in the XML description file.
Everything else is basically a bugfix release.
01-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey WC this is awesome work again ! I need to ask though as working with Scorp on OZzones we find it difficult to trade meshes and was wondering if you could include some way to export all the meshes in a given scene file to a folder?
01-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Let me see what I can do. That sounds like it should be pretty easy. Is it okay if it creates one .scn file for each top-level object?
01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
that should be fine, thanks man !
01-26-2008, 05:50 PM
New release: OpenSpell 1.3
1. Added a button for copying spells.
2. Fixed a typo in the spelling of the Rogue class.
3. Made the table primitive editable. An example of this is the table in the "Effects (this spell only)" tab. It means that all effects for a single spell are now easily editable.
4. Added the ability to filter spells, and added a bunch of toggle buttons to the views that use them. The spell list can be filtered by usable class and by target type. Remember that since everything is defined in the XML file, users can change how this works or even add new filters.
This is hugely more powerful than before and should really speed up making new spells.
EDIT: I had to delete the OpenSpell 1.3 archive and re-upload it as I had mis-assigned some of the class filters in the XML file (nothing wrong with the program, just the XML file). Sorry for the inconvenience.
01-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Uploaded OpenZone 8.3 today:
1. Added "File...Save selected objects as..." menu item. This will save only the selected objects in a new scene file. This will NOT save anything else -- no water settings, additional included objects, sounds, zone bounds, etc.
This should make it easier to trade objects or otherwise extract them for use in other zones.
01-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks Again WC !
01-29-2008, 08:40 AM
OpenSpell 1.4 is up at the first post:
1. Fixed a major bug in saving spell files when you have a filter activated that could corrupt your spell file.
2. Fixed a bug in the table primitive where changes wouldn't stick ("effects (this spell only)" tab).
Anyone using 1.3 absolutely should upgrade to this one. Bug #1 is a bad one.
02-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Heya Wind, Scorp scammed me into helping him again and I was trying to get your admin tool up and running, so far I have had 4 people and myself download it and it just crashes as soon as you try to run it.
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
its like s3d spy but works with eqg files as well
10-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Uploaded OpenZone 8.4 and edited the top thread post. Here's what's new:
1. Fixed several bugs with importing Anim8or files.
2. Fixed a bug in applying the ClearType component settings when the program is started.
3. Fixed a bug where changing the creature height settings in Edit...Preferences would have no effect.
4. Added settings in Edit...Preferences to control the degree to which the move and rotate buttons in the main screen affect objects.
5. Added lelembeth_trig, lelembeth_lift, pottery wheel, kiln, and oven objects to the mesh library.
6. Added many more hanging flags to the creature library.
7. The program will now append creatures in the creature library to the mesh library list. They are not technically part of the mesh library, but some of the same commands that affect the mesh library will work on creature library objects (for instance, if you place something from the creature library, you can change it to another creature library object). Placed creatures are never exported in with the main zone geometry; rather they are exported in SQL as references to the "object" table. Exporting creature objects in this way will only work with SimpleClient. This feature is not meant to be used for setting NPC locations (that will be handled in a future release); it is meant for placing animated objects such as hanging flags.
8. Removed the DoorRef property from mesh library references. Changed it to SQLRef instead, where it has a drop-down that lets the user select between "None", "Doors", and "Objects". This drop-down is not present for objects placed from the creature library as they are always exported as "object" table references (it is as if SQLRef was always set to "Objects").
9. The program no longer exports SQL statements to <zonename>.sql. Instead, it creates two files: <zonename>_doors.sql and <zonename>_objects.sql. The first file places objects that have SQLRef set to "Doors" and the second file places objects that have SQLRef set to "Objects". Objects placed from the creature library are automatically exported as "object" table references.
10. Fixed a bug in the 3D engine where creature models weren't illuminated properly (they had incorrect normal vectors).
11. When textures are loaded, a warning popup will appear if a texture does not have power-of-two dimensions.
12. A warning will appear when exporting a zone if certain subfolders are missing (such as the maps folder).
13. Added an object_parms script to the SQL category in the script library. It allows setting database parameters for objects that will be exported as "object" table references. For a placed object (such as a forge), place a matching object_parms object, set the parameters, and group the two together (the grouping is very important). The object_parms script has a nice hint that will pop up a list of object type values when it is used.
14. Updaded the source folder in the distribution so hopefully there won't be anything missing anymore for people who wish to recompile it.
I'm planning ZoneExplorer and SimpleClient releases soon as well, though I might do a little DB work on SimpleClient first to make the zones more playable.
10-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Uploaded ZoneExplorer 1.2 (see the top post for a download link). This is just a very minor release, and includes the 3D engine bug fix that I put in OpenZone 8.4. It will be most noticeable when looking at animated models.
10-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Released version 5.6 of the Admin Tool today (see top post). There is only one change, but I think it will be very helpful: wherever items are listed (in database grids or in drop-downs), the item icon will also be displayed.
12-27-2008, 07:46 PM
New stuff today (more to come):
EQEmu Admin Tool 5.7
1. Display the item icon along with the item name on all item lists.
2. Spawns tab: added a button for loading XWA files. When they are loaded, spawn Z positions can be accurately set.
3. Spawns tab: Added text to point out that left-clicking will set the placeholder location.
4. Spawns tab: Shigh-right-clicking will add a pathing waypoint to the currently selected spawn, and added text to point this out.
5. Spawns tab: Added a "Correct Z" button. If S3D or XWA files are being loaded, this will correct the spawn position and pathing waypoints for the selected spawn.
6. Spawns tab: Added a button that will display all pathing waypoints for all spawns in the zone.
7. Spawns tab: The path for the selected spawn will be highlighted in a brighter color than for non-selected spawns.
8. Spawns tab: Different path types (wanter, patrol, random, etc.) will be displayed slightly differently on the map to set them apart.
9. Spawns tab: Added a button that will move the zone safe point to the placeholder location.
10. Spawns tab (Path Grid subtab): Added drop-downs to set the wander type and pause type for spawn paths.
11. Fixed several bugs where clicking "Copy record" on various tabs wouldn't copy all field values.
12. Fixed several bugs where changing a value (e.g. in a drop-down) wouldn't change the value in the database.
13. NPCs Tab (NPC Spells subtab): Added several check boxes to the NPC Spell Entries pane to allow setting spell info (nuke, heal, root, etc.)
1. Minor cosmetic change (change in screen font).
OpenZone Sample Textures 2.6
1. Added a lot of textures to Texpack5.zip. When I release OpenZone 8.5, you WILL need these.
1. Fixed several Anim8or bugs.
2. New/updated mesh objects (these require OpenZone Sample Textures 2.6)
3. New/updated creature models
4. Added File...Convert DirectX (.X) to Anim8or (.AN8). There is no guarantee that it can convert all .X files, but it is useful for converting GeorgeS' creature and weapon models.
5. Added File...Import...DirectX (.X). There is no guarantee that it can convert all .X files, but it is useful for importing GeorgeS' creature and weapon models.
6. In File...Alter Anim8or File (Objects tab): Added a section that:
- Shows what materials are used by an object
- Lets you change from one material to another
- Lets you remove unused materials from the object's material list
- Lets you change the order of used materials (important for getting creature variants to work properly -- materials have to be in the same order)
7. In File...Alter Anim8or File: Moved some buttons to tabs where they make more sense (e.g. Clean Sequence)
8. In File...Alter Anim8or File (Sequences-Adjust tab): Added "Move sequence up" and "Move sequence down" buttons that allow changing the order of sequences in the file.
9. In File...Alter Anim8or File (Sequences-Clone tab): Added "Copy sequence" button that makes a copy of the selected sequence
10. In File...Alter Anim8or File: Added hint text for most buttons.
11. When selecting the texture ellipsis (...) in the Property Editor, added a setting for normal maps. This is merely preparation for future use and normal maps aren't used yet.
12. The light scripted object now has a flicker setting. This has no effect outside OpenZone itself as yet, but will eventually be used to make dynamic lights ficker to simulate fire/candles/torches, etc.
13. In the Display Options pane, added an "Enable shaders" checkbox. This currently has no effect outside OpenZone, but it will enable GLSL shaders if your graphics card supports them. This will let you better see the effect of light sources, including light flicker. In the future, OpenZone will eventually export shader information to .XWA (and SimpleClient will be upgraded to use shaders).
14. Internal 3D engine updates (e.g. simple shader support, with lots more to come in the future).
15. Internal design improvements, preparation for future upgrades.
12-27-2008, 10:21 PM
See the above post for today's releases. I'm planning a full-up SimpleClient release in the next few days, just as soon as I do a little more DB work (Rogean, please make sure that you can keep the site up ;) I've been having the worst time connecting to it lately).
01-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Happy New Year, everyone. I've uploaded some updates tonight:
EQEmu Admin Tool 5.8
1. Merchant lists tab: Added a subpane for editing list entries. The subpane will only show one list at a time rather than all entries in the database. Changes must be made in the subpane rather than the main pane.
2. Merchant lists tab: The new subpane has up and down buttons for changing the order of items in a merchant list.
3. Merchant lists tab: The new subpane has a blue plus-sign button that will add an item in the current merchant list. This will automatically fill in the list ID and slot ID fields. The new record button at the bottom can still be used for adding a completely blank entry.
4. Merchant lists tab: The new subpane has a "Commit item" button that will save the item entry.
1. Expanded the DBGRID column primitive so it can show multiple columns if the column it references points to an array of columns (e.g. required caster level). This is optional and is off by default. It can be turned on by adding usearray="yes" to either the DBGRID or GRIDCOLUMN XML element.
2. If a grid column spawns a list of columns (see feature #1 above), one of the filter groups can be used so that only those columns will be visible when their applicable filter is enabled (e.g. tying a required caster level column to a caster class filter). This can be enabled by adding filtervisiblegroup="filtergroup" to the DBGRID or GRIDCOLUMN XML element, where the name of the filter group is in the double quotes.
3. When a filter group is used to control column visibility (see feature #2, above), the filter group can be set as sortable. If this is the case, the data list will automatically sort by the data in the visible column (e.g. caster level). This can be enabled by adding sortable="yes" to the FILTERGROUP XML element. Only one sortable filter group can be used in this way.
4. Updated the included XML file to use features #1-#3 above. The spell list on many tabs will show the caster levels when a player class filter is activated, and will automatically sort the spell list by caster level.
5. Updated the included XML file to include more duration formulas.
I needed these changes since I've added a bunch of new spells and I need to make merchant lists for them. These will make working with spells and merchant lists a LOT easier, and will open the way for me to release a new version of SimpleClient soon.
01-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone, I've got an important download for you all:
1. Fixed saving of spell files so that they won't be saved in sorted order when a filter is active.
If you save your spell file with version 1.6 and have a filter active, it would corrupt your spell file by saving it in sorted order. 1.7 Correctly turns sorting off before saving it and restores sorting after it's finished. If you used 1.6 earlier today, check your spell files (and hope you have backups like I do) and immediately switch to version 1.7.
01-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Another day, another release (you can probably tell that I'm doing lots of spell work)...
1. Adding a spell when a class filter is active will not cause an exception.
2. If a spell is added when a class filter is active, the spell will be automatically selected even though sorting has put it in proper spell order.
3. Added an entry box for Recourse Spell Effect, where the effect is a spell ID. Column 150 is now therefore correctly identified rather than being unknown.
4. Updated a duration formula to correctly read "0.6 * level, duration max."
01-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Yet another update today:
1. Column types can be designated as indexes. When a column type is an index and a new spell is added, the program will automatically set the value to the current maximum value + 1. An index column is set by adding indexfield="yes" to the COLUMNTYPE element in the XML file.
2. Updated the XML file so that the spell_id column is an index column.
3. Fixed a bug where specifying default values using default="some-value" in the COLUMNTYPE element wasn't working.
01-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Posted OpenSpell 2.0 tonight. It has some internal bugfixes.
02-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Posted EQEmu Admin Tool 5.9 tonight. Just a couple of minor changes:
1. Spawns tab: added a "save heightmap" button to the toolbar. The minimum size is 32x32 and the maximum size is 1024x1024. Be aware, though, that the larger the image, the longer it will take (256x256 takes several minutes).
2. Added the Mind Flayer and Hook Horror races to the race list. They come with OpenZone and, due to the way they are built, they are only for use with XWA files.
06-14-2009, 05:01 PM
OpenZone 8.6 is now posted, and many thanks to Richardo for providing hosting for me. Here's what's new:
1. When saving files, numbers will always be saved using the US decimal format (a period instead of a comma for a decimal point).
2. When importing Anim8or and DirectX files, the US decimal point format will always be used.
3. When reading scenes, meshes, etc., OpenZone will try to autodetect European decimal separators and convert them internally to the US format. If anyone is hand-editing OpenZone scene files (or is exporting them with another program), one thing you could do to always ensure that OpenZone never gets confused is to always put a space after comma separators. OpenZone will try to deal with it if there aren't any, but having a space accompany commas when separating elements will ensure that there will be no problems.
4. When you enter numbers in the Properties pane (along the left side of the screen), either period or comma decimal points will work. OpenZone will internally convert them to periods when evaluating them.
5. When entering any numbers in any other screens, use whatever you normally use for your locale (periods or commas).
Hopefully this will fix any problems that our European friends have been having.
06-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Starting just openzone 8.6 and :
And just after :
And if i click on menu :
Hope that help !
01-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow, I finally downloaded openzone just to play around a bit with, and I'm impressed.
Also, @Belfedia, I haven't seen that error on WinXP Pro x86.
09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I get a similar access violation error when I attempt to compile .s3d files. No matter if its exporting a quake 3 map or after building my own zone. I would love to be able to use this tool. It's pretty cool. Everything else works flawlessly (that I have seen so far). I guess I will continue to play around and practice creating my zone until a fix is implemented.
09-20-2010, 09:19 AM
I am actually building a machine with XP Pro x86 just for openzone. It doesn't work well on the 64bit architecture in Win 7 (as I get the same error you got). I haven't tried with the Virtual XP mode but I am unsure if that will process direct_draw or anything like that using the GPU. I'll just stick to my secondary machine.
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.