PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters is dead long live Another World.

sdabbs65
03-15-2005, 01:26 AM
I have aquired a new database and enuff Quest that im no longer hosting the Cheaters Server.
I will be hosting a New server ,but it will be Custom Semi Legit with different level access, it will be somewhat a cheating server as
I will offer upgraded access to people for different reasons.
The new server will have zones up to planes of power.
and a few others as they are spawned or collected.
im not sure how this is going to work just yet and im looking for someone to help me run the server as I rarely get to log in and babysit/play.
Im hoping to create a good roleplaying type server with more options than
just logging in and getting level 70 with uber armor and sitting in Nexus all day
complaing about what's not working with the server.

any feedback or suggestions you have plase post them on my website.

thanks .

Wolfgame
03-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey man, Wolfgame here (gm from cheaters) sad to see it go, but i like your new plan, I'd be more than happy to help with the new server, recently reformated my cpu. and havent gotten the cahnce to put eq back on, but if I can be of any help, let me know.

sdabbs65
03-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks,
I think this will offer a bit more of a challange,and yet still keep it fun to play.
I know most people are seasoned players and would rather start off around level 30 and up and for that to happen.
my idea is to have people start with a comsumable soulstone and when they click it
it takes you to a SECRET NPC's location.
he is a LEVELME NPC he will basicly scribeallspells/level 30/setallskills 100/
then poof you off to regular gameplay.
but he is not completed yet.
hopfully by the end of the week he will be ready.

sdabbs65
03-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Well,
this has been a lesson in gaming,
after having the server up for a few weeks
it seems it has lost it's popularity.
there is not really a need for anymore [Legit Servers] as most people find them boring to play im guessing or the play the regular servers that have more bandwith.
I will probbly revert back to being a cheating server with the same basic
guidelines im useing now only making it harder to get cheat status.
hmmm.

sysadmin
03-19-2005, 04:22 PM
If you are good at setting up quests, you could make some quests that will allow players to access to higher account status, thus giving them some commands, and as the quests grow in difficulty to solve, you could give access to more powerfull commands.

sdabbs65
03-22-2005, 03:13 AM
If you are good at setting up quests, you could make some quests that will allow players to access to higher account status, thus giving them some commands, and as the quests grow in difficulty to solve, you could give access to more powerfull commands.

Sounds like a good idea.
and with the QM5000 still working for me it should not take long.

Aonelyn
07-19-2005, 01:41 AM
cheaters is reborn i guess ? lol

sdabbs65
07-19-2005, 06:03 AM
cheaters is reborn i guess ? lol

It hads been up the whole time.
it never really went offline but went thu major changes to make the
server a more balanced and fun place to play.
we deleted the playerbase added new zones and modified
nerfed a few problem items and most of the PEQ quests.
this was posted on 03-15-2005 a lot has happened since then.
we have an average of 6 to 10 people play at any given time.

Server Type:
Non-LegitServer OP:
sdabbs65Chat Name:
chtrsTotal Uptime:
13d 3h 10mUptime Percent:
99.994%Status:
UPUsers: Current:
5Max:
17Average:

RangerDown
07-19-2005, 08:23 AM
You nerfed most of the PEQ quests :(

sdabbs65
07-20-2005, 04:40 AM
You nerfed most of the PEQ quests :(
Not many of them,just a few guards and Nexus people.
I also added 60 custom quest but the author request I keep them private.
and they have custom items.

burntsushi
07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
I actually just checked out cheaters for first time the other day. I played Live for a couple years and made it to Time. It was a ton of hard work and I'm not sure if I want to go down that road again. The thing that attracted me to cheaters was the raised lvl cap so that in theory you could solo/duo a bunch of content that was raid content in Live. My plan was to duo with a friend from Live. I like the insta lvl to 30, personally wouldnt mind it being a bit higher like 50. And it would be fun to have fast exp too. One thing I thought was goofy on cheaters was the loot tables =). I think it would be pretty cool to have mob drop tables be somewhat accurate to Live, so if you wanted a BoC you would have to kill AoW. But with the a high lvl cap you could eventually do all this yourself or duo, much later mind you. Regardless, I dig the server =)

sdabbs65
07-21-2005, 01:20 AM
I actually just checked out cheaters for first time the other day. I played Live for a couple years and made it to Time. It was a ton of hard work and I'm not sure if I want to go down that road again. The thing that attracted me to cheaters was the raised lvl cap so that in theory you could solo/duo a bunch of content that was raid content in Live. My plan was to duo with a friend from Live. I like the insta lvl to 30, personally wouldnt mind it being a bit higher like 50. And it would be fun to have fast exp too. One thing I thought was goofy on cheaters was the loot tables =). I think it would be pretty cool to have mob drop tables be somewhat accurate to Live, so if you wanted a BoC you would have to kill AoW. But with the a high lvl cap you could eventually do all this yourself or duo, much later mind you. Regardless, I dig the server =)

Well if you want to submit you own loot table i would be glad to install it.
I have been working on the one I have for years.

nightslyder
08-30-2006, 07:52 AM
can i get a link to this server if its still up, the one in your sig isnt working for me. thanks

sdabbs65
09-07-2006, 09:52 AM
can i get a link to this server if its still up, the one in your sig isnt working for me. thanks

it now works and everyone get acess level 50 for a week.
we have upgraded the server a bit and it now has a raid card installed
and backups every nite.
hopefully this will solve the hard drive issues.