PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 5.4

Windcatcher
03-20-2005, 05:44 AM
1. Fixed some rendering bugs that could cause weirdness on the screen and could even throw exceptions on some video cards.

2. A few minor OpenGL engine improvements.

3. Reskinned a few icons to make them look better.

4. Added a new menu item: File...Export...Export zone objects to .S3D. It prompts you for a name and lets you create an .S3D that only contains the objects you've added to the zone (the main point is to add the objects you've added under File...Properties). The purpose of this feature is to let you create object-only .S3D files.

5. Updated the help file to explain feature #4. It's under "exporting your zone".

You can find OpenZone 5.4 here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=314252

Sakrateri
03-23-2005, 05:14 AM
This is really great thanks alot , one question though and I have searched for the answer to no avail ....what type of sound files do I need to use with this? I have added several types, Midi, MP3 and such to the sound folder in the library and none show up in sounds?

Windcatcher
03-24-2005, 08:48 AM
The sounds it's looking for are the snd*.pfs files in your EQ folder (PFS files are just like S3D files and they contain a bunch of WAV files). You need to tell OpenZone where your EQ folder is under the Edit...Preferences menu. Then the sounds tab in the ground editor will load the sounds and you'll be able to use them.

Sakrateri
03-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Ahh, ok thanks alot :)

dragonflz
03-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Windcatcher-

Do you have any plans to add support for Blender?
Such as this new feature you just added but have it save in the blender format instead of trying to find a plug-in that will convert it.

Drag

KhaN
03-27-2005, 02:42 AM
If you use exotic 3D Modelers likes Blender, Milkshape, Wings3D, best way is to download the ogre exporter/importer plugins.

Link : http://www.ogre3d.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=57&func=fileinfo&filecatid=16&parent=category

Just export as Ogre XML, and then import into OpenZone. Also note that using Ogre Viewer, you will be able to view/check your models.

Shadow-Wolf
03-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Blender, millshape 3d, and wings3d can all export to a format that openzone supports without need of plugins.

Windcatcher
03-28-2005, 08:09 AM
That was why I settled on allowing OpenZone to import .3DS files...just about everything supports it.

KhaN
03-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah 3DS too ... should have think of it first, but i like 3DS as much as i like BMP :p