PDA

View Full Version : XChat Through A Proxy?

Xiao
03-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey, all I can get for an IRC client at school is Xchat. Now, the firewall blocks any direct connections, and since I am unable (or not knoweldgable enough) to disable it, I need to connect through a proxy. Now, I can find plenty of proxies, and XChat will "look them up" or whatever it says, but when it actually finds and tries to connect to them, it won't. It times out. I'm sure I have the right ports, and even if I fiddle with the ports it does no good. Any help?

RangerDown
03-23-2005, 08:54 AM
There's been some internal debate lately on whether EQEmu wants to even allow proxy connects. Until that issue is officially clarified, I'd discourage trying them lest you might find yourself at the other end of a G:line.

Cisyouc
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
There's been some internal debate lately on whether EQEmu wants to even allow proxy connects. Until that issue is officially clarified, I'd discourage trying them lest you might find yourself at the other end of a G:line.Officially, Proxies of any kind are against the rules.

Xiao
03-24-2005, 06:31 AM
So, I can't get on the EQEmu IRC server through a proxy at all? Exactly why? WHat about extenuating circumstances? (As in, I can't get on otherwise....)

Cisyouc
03-24-2005, 07:59 AM
So, I can't get on the EQEmu IRC server through a proxy at all? Exactly why? WHat about extenuating circumstances? (As in, I can't get on otherwise....) If you were glined and you explain it to a developer they'd probably ungline you, but as the official voted upon rule stands, Proxies of any kinds under any circumstances are against the rules.

Belfedia
03-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Behind a proxy or no, xia, i like your location :p

sysadmin
03-24-2005, 11:34 AM
location should be: Behind a proxy! =P