PDA

View Full Version : Server Merges in Eq Live

Doomrider
03-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Heh yet again Sony is merging servers guess after WoW and EQ2 they downsizing EQ hopefully once they Officially take EQlive offline they will open there Databases up for us but till then we need too sit tight,
They loose players Day too Day ive known 5 people in the last month too leave EQ and i rarely play heh I guess 4 more years till they Drop EQ and Nerf EQ2 heh

RangerDown
03-30-2005, 05:10 AM
They will not open the source up -- it's a trade secret that they've spent millions of dollars on over the past 7 years. Not only that, but some portions of EQ and EQ2 use the same code, such as the network engine. They could migrate portions of the graphic engine to common code between the two as well. Since EQ2 is going strong and has a bright outlook for several years into the future, SOE won't even think about releasing any code that EQ2 might use.

EQ won't shut down anytime soon either. 10 years from now it could be running on 2 or 3 servers, and they could just cut the majority of GM support and it would still make a profit. I think we all underestimate the number of people who have an actively subscribed station account but haven't logged in over 8 months. Sad but true, it seems a good chunk of America has grown so lazy and complacent that they will not spend a few mouse clicks to stop a recurring charge of a service they don't intend to use. A smaller, but significant, handful is misinformed and thinks the minute they hit that cancel button all their characters are gone. SOE could go on for years making profit just off the peeps who let their accounts sit around and collect dust but continue to bill, why would they shut down EQ completely and cut that off?

KhaN
03-30-2005, 05:55 AM
So true RangerDown ...

sdabbs65
03-31-2005, 04:10 AM
"EQ opening up there database"

I doubt that would ever happen.

but if there was money to be made I could see how they might want to consider it after all is said and done.

Virus11
03-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Heh yet again Sony is merging servers guess after WoW and EQ2 they downsizing EQ

I'm going to have to argue with that, EverQuest is, and will always be big. Even though World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2, two games 100x better are still around people still stay and play EverQuest (thinking they are 'rebels' or something).

hopefully once they Officially take EQlive offline they will open there Databases up for us but till then we need too sit tight,

Yes, they are going to release a code that made them millions and millions of dollars to an organization with no more than 200 active members.

They loose players Day too Day ive known 5 people in the last month too leave EQ and i rarely play heh I guess 4 more years till they Drop EQ and Nerf EQ2 heh

EverQuest will be around for many years to come, and they will never merge it with EQ2. Also, people may be quitting, but thats not enough to shut a million+ player game down.

Cisyouc
03-31-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm going to have to argue with that, EverQuest is, and will always be big. Even though World of Warcraft and EverQuest 2, two games 100x better are still around people still stay and play EverQuest (thinking they are 'rebels' or something).Existant, but not big.

Yes, they are going to release a code that made them millions and millions of dollars to an organization with no more than 200 active members.Only 200? I doubt that, actually.

EverQuest will be around for many years to come, and they will never merge it with EQ2. Also, people may be quitting, but thats not enough to shut a million+ player game down.No, it wont merge with eq.

EverQuest Expansion #15:
"EverQuest: Destruction of Luclin"

Join the Wayfarer's Brotherhood in an exciting new adventure in the EverQuest storyline! It's been 300 years since the Sleeper was awoken. A large burst of fire erupts in the evening sky of Slaughterday, the Thirty-first. To the Norrathian's shock, Luclin has exploded!

New Features:
-Unearth mighty arcane spells and items for levels 75+!

-More broken content and nerfs unmentioned until after they go live!

-Shadows of Luclin will be removed from your account, free of charge!

-New seemingly random features that have nothing to do with this expansion!

-Sky effect with Luclin Exploded! ($4.95 extra; Free for Station Pass members)

-All-new commands!
/beer -- Orders a beer from your local liquor store.
/pizza -- You've heard so much about in in EQ2, and its available now!
/payless -- Order shoes online from Payless!
/jcpenny -- Shop for clothes using our exclusive JC-Penny online catalog.
and much much more!

Buy Now! ($59.95)
Buy the Collectors Edition! ($89.95) (Free JC-PENNY SHEILD)

Virus11
03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey that sounds alot like all the EverQuest Expansions! Check out this new server also!

EverQuest New Special Server
"Elites of EverQuest"

Featuring 3 exclusive races only for this server! (read backwards)
- Ynos
- Steg
- Rehcir

Characters level 70 can now join this server for a small added monthly fee. By joining this server you can reach level 71 and test new crap we want to put in, but pay more. Also you can get one new item, called "Super Shield" which has +5 strength... you can get through series of quests which will be bugged until weeks after it goes live.

The server will have its own special color so when you sign on and a friend is watching you might look special. Also it loads .000001 second quicker than normal servers.

For a small monthly fee!
Only $0434.99 / month
$0699.99 /3 months
$0979.99 / 6 months
$1399.99 / 1 year