PDA

View Full Version : Setting up original EQ without any expansions

EQgodling
04-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Anyone know of a way to setup the original game without the expansions and be able to play and host their own server?

If so, please create a tutorial on how this is done.

- Thanks

wize_one
04-04-2005, 11:19 AM
MFG! will people please use the fucking http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/search.php? button.

EQgodling
04-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Well considering I already did search and nothing was found about anyone currently having ideas or possibly getting the original game running and being able to host it was the entire reason for this post.
But I appreciate your intelligence.

EQgodling
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14040

And there are a few other threads or about the idea of having an original old world EQ server.

The point is I was hoping someone would run with the idea and get it going again because EQ Classic was the best version of the game.

Maybe someone can trying getting it going again.

My previous post wasnt meant as an insult just a stated opinion.

sysadmin
04-06-2005, 03:55 AM
-Server
You can set your emu easy and fast, If you follow the tutorials they have enough info to help you.

-Customization
That is something you have to do since no one shares any info on customization as far as I have seen in my short time here. Maybe a couple of your friends and you can do that.

-Eras
If you change the variable expansions on the variables table you can set your client to whatever era you like. All the info is there, it is just a matter of sitting down and doing, i haven't done it so I can't tell you what to put in the var.

Other than that if you would like to make a clasic EQ server I would reccomend starting by gathering all info available on the internet about it, I mean EVERYTHING, zones, locs, skills, recipes, raid encounters, etc. once you did all that and have it backed up and in a secure place then you can start setting up your server.

Good luck, i hope this helps you.

Teppen
04-06-2005, 05:24 PM
A classic server like classic live was, is impossible. Why? Well heres some things:

1. Alot of quests, mobs, items, etc. have been added or taken out since classic. To host a legit classic server you would have had to of collected this info way back then, and made use of packet collecting then, and kept them stored away until now. I dont even think the packet collector existed during classic... could be wrong but still not likely someone has all this info above stored away somewhere from back then. Allakhazms and other sites have removed quests, mobs, etc from their sites when they were removed from live, so these sites are not reliable for getting complete classic server up and running, you would have to have collected from ingame.

2. You would have to have all the last zones updates and patch before kurnark expansion came out. Patching from the classic cd now patches up to the current patch adding in all the fixes made since classic. Reverse engineering the client .exe file removing every patch made and restoring the orginal work would be quite time consuming to a person who knows how to reverse engineer, the probabilty of someone having all the changelogs that were made since class is rather unlikely.

Someone should make a sticky saying true classic servers dont exist and wont ever exist..so dont ask in forums. I swear this would stop alot of useless and hopeless threads.

Belfedia
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
I think devs want to make Eqemu up to date with live and all time is use for that.
Make a version compatible with eq Classic (without patch) need more than a work in reverse engeneer.
You have all eqemu's source, make this version yourself if you need ?
And don't forget to share this, That better way i think :)

For make a Eqclassic server, you don't need this
Just wait eqemu is up to date (for client working) and use classic, kunar or velious database from peq server :)

blackout
07-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Couldnt you lock all those zones for the Expansions if you wanted to keep them out? Stop spawns in those zones etc... I mean its still not classic eq but it is an alternate solution.

Aydun
07-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Greetings,

Don't listen to all the naysayers about how you can't make an EQ classic server.. you CAN it just takes enormous work, and they dont' wanna think about it.

Moving on.. I've been trying myself to figure out how to disable the expansion play. I've not had time to try it myself, but there is a variable in the variables table called "expansions" .. which is currently set to max value for the field. Maybe try setting it to 0, or other number to see if it might work? Interesting that I read on a post for the COE server, that they disabled the races you can play to the ones from before the expansions. I wonder if this works by the same "expansionS" variable .. If i try more stuff out I"ll fill you in !

Kindest Regards,