PDA

View Full Version : EQ GuildWars Source

Richardo
04-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Hey guys, just letting you all know that you can download Images GuildWars source if you are interested, the "latest" up to date source at the link below. Ofcourse according to the link im not doing this without images permission, he asked me to post on forums so that DrPlump would stop saying he bruted his server lol... Anyhow, here is the link...

http://www.eqguildwars.com/gwsrc.zip

It will only be up for a month so if you are interested, download it now..

I have a compiled version btw, with perl now for those of you that want to test it out, it works for me but I had to do a lot of database changes.. also you will need to DL gwsrc.zip and go into the GuildWars Folder and source the mysqltables.txt into your DB....

http://www.darkhorizons.cjb.net/World.zip

RangerDown
04-05-2005, 05:54 AM
I don't know if Image reads these forums anymore, but if he does, thank you Image. And best of luck in that game they call RL.

KhaN
04-05-2005, 06:10 AM
Wow thanks, but ... this mean its the real end of GW ? :/

Cisyouc
04-05-2005, 06:47 AM
/me looks for bug fixes I can shamelessly steal and call my own.

fathernitwit
04-05-2005, 07:38 AM
great,

just what I need, another thing to distract me from live compat. Thanks for the release though, hopefully it will benefit the community. I'll be picking through it for fixes as time allows. (aka right now, cause its interesting)

04-05-2005, 04:47 PM
In all honesty FNW I was going to merge to eqemu source but managing that server was hard enough, you know how hard it is to merge all that stuff and keep up to date in both sources =0/

Cisyouc:
All changes I could remember I marked as //Image (2k5): then the comment

Double edit:
But there are more unfortunately that I don't remember (bad memory)

fathernitwit
04-07-2005, 03:09 AM
hehe,
thats what a good version control system is for, lets you extract and merge your changes with minimal effort.

Anyhow, just so everybody knows, I made a diff of and have cleaned out all the irrelavent stuff, and I will be merging the changes I saw as useful into the source when I get time.

sdabbs65
04-09-2005, 01:45 AM
I tried mergeing this with the PEQ database.
it was a bad idea,
it's buggy and don't work most of the zones crashed or just refused
to load.
even with the SQL file inserted as sugessted. it still hangs and crash's the zones.
thats testing with the PEQ database not sure if other things are required or not but just sourceing in the SQL in the GW source isn't enuff.
anyone else have any luck with some other database ?

RangerDown
04-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Ok we need to clear a few things up once and for all:

This source will not work out of the box. It used a heavily modified database structure, which was not released with the source. If you want to use this guildwars source, you'd best be highly skilled at both database manipulation and C++ programming, cuz you're gonna need it to pore thru the source code and figure out what fields and tables you need that regular Emu doesn't use. After you get what you think is a good table structure, that's only half the battle. Now you populate it.

knightz
04-11-2005, 02:57 AM
If you want to use this guildwars source, you'd best be highly skilled at both database manipulation and C++ programming, cuz you're gonna need it to pore thru the source code and figure out what fields and tables you need that regular Emu doesn't use.
Hmm, I'm not sure cause I haven't even tried, but in looking over the source/files when I downloaded it (and just rechecked now to make sure), there is a file GuildWars/mysqltables.txt that contains a large set of tables. These may be old, or something, but I wouldn't expect them to be missing many/any columns. Though, populating them would, like you said, take a while.

Cisyouc
04-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure cause I haven't even tried, but in looking over the source/files when I downloaded it (and just rechecked now to make sure), there is a file GuildWars/mysqltables.txt that contains a large set of tables. These may be old, or something, but I wouldn't expect them to be missing many/any columns. Though, populating them would, like you said, take a while.Yeah, that was added in later.

But still, this source will not be supported so if you're having problems with it......

Cailin
04-15-2005, 01:03 PM
It seems that the original link posted is no longer active. Could anyone please re-upload the source to another location?

Richardo
04-26-2005, 08:03 AM
yea, the mysqltables are only missing a "few" collumns and btw, grids are screwed so my advice, run this query if you get this far...

UPDATE npc_types set pathgrid="0";

you need to add a collumn in account or character_, I dont remember, add "hideme" with default of 0

there are a few more I think.. dont remember.. lawl

fathernitwit
04-26-2005, 08:27 AM
ALTER TABLE account ADD hideme TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;