PDA

View Full Version : about the books(for the makers of eqemu admin)

Siryl
05-15-2002, 03:10 PM
got a ? about the tab bokks ...what is it for and if it is for books you can read in game who do they work please help

Zio
05-16-2002, 08:34 AM
It doesn't work I don't think. There is no way to define a book to what number it reads the text in.

Wrong forum too bro. :mad: Get it right! :p jk.

Lurker_005
05-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Take a look at http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1748
for some infor on books

Lyenu X`Arie
05-17-2002, 01:36 AM
If it's accually "EQEmu Admin" that'd be me. It's for database table we have for books. They're EXTERMELY a pain in the ass according to Hogie =P So I wouldn't really recommend working with them much hehe. Mine PHP admin tool won't exactly be tailored for them.

Lurker_005
05-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Well as long as your book is only 1 paragraph with no formating, it is actually easy. The book auto wraps text as long as there isn't any formating in the database field. Add formating, more paragraphs and you seem to get display problems. I didn't work with it too much, so someone may have figured things out... (drawde?)

Drawde
05-18-2002, 05:50 AM
I've managed to get some books to work, but formatting is a real pain, so I've stopped work on that for now to work on things like tradeskills, quests and my own game programming projects.
Books are identified/assigned to items by a short string, e.g "discord" for the Tome of Order and Discord, which is in the item blob data, you can find it by looking at the item SQL data with a text editor.