PDA

View Full Version : Private Server Setup

solid11
04-13-2005, 06:49 PM
EDIT: Re-uploaded files, should be working now

This is a consolidated, stream-lined write-up of a couple of great tutorials on the forums, with new info and tips from my experiences with EQEmu. It is for a 6.0 DR2 minilogin server for Windows, and I wrote it as simple as possible.

Hope it helps some of you that are/were as lost as I was when I first started. *Please* leave feedback on this even if it doesn't make an official tutorial or you don't use it for your own server, so I will know how to improve it for new EQEmu members. Thanks.

UPDATE: Added PDF format for Non-MSOffice users. Download PDF here...

http://www.savefile.com/files/4615781

MS Word format below...

kawika
04-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Excellent tutorial. I haven't had the chance to follow it all the way through as of yet. Looks a lot like the other two tutorials, but I did notice a few things you added, which also worked for me. Hopefully this will stop requests for tutorials? Ha! Wishful thinking. :D

Ghost Fire
04-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Great Tutorial! Used to to do an upgrade to perl :D
Just one little Prob. In STEP 7)
6.) Type the following or copy and paste the following or copy and paste Perl -MCPAN -e shell
needs to be perl -MCPAN -e shell
It needs to be lowercase other wise it won't do the command right.
I don't know if that is for everyone but that is the only way it worked for me.

Edit: I just tryed it again and it worked now with Cap "Perl" Go fig. :P

solid11
04-15-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeah, should work either way, strange why they would post with different case letters. I did intend for that to be lower case though, but my dang word program auto corrected it since it was the start of a line and I didnt catch it, hehe. Will fix that.