PDA

View Full Version : Database Editor

Hardy
05-16-2002, 05:53 AM
A friend of mine told me about a really good database editor, and it works great! It will work with any version you guys come out with, even a new database, it will read it. Read more about it here: http://www.sstienemann.de/mysqlfront/, it is called mySQL Front, maybe you have heard of it, but if not, its a great tool to download and use. Also ALOT faster then EEE and Admin Tool. I wasn't sure where to post this, I hope its the right forum :p

Edit: Forgot, here are the requirements for it that you will need, not sure where to find them all, I had most already on computer, post reply and ask, someone should know:

libmysql.dll (Client-library for MySQL-Server)
msvcrt.dll (Microsoft (R) C Runtime Library)
TCP/IP-Protocol
ODBC (for the new import-option in version 1.18)

stormgod
05-16-2002, 08:06 AM
lurker already told us about it but its not really usable , its displaying limited results and is not usable to add items or spawns easily , but its still a nice tool to mess with some things

Hardy
05-16-2002, 08:15 AM
ahhh, my bad, didn't see that post, hehe.

devn00b
05-16-2002, 08:19 AM
This tool is perfect for adding spaws. it only limits if you have it checked at the top (limit display 1 50) uncheck that and it will display all records able on the screen.

The only thing this cant change is items

Lurker_005
05-16-2002, 12:53 PM
It also allows displaying blobs in hex format. Manually tweek the items blob anyone? And will do limited searches for text in a blob.

Just don't export any tables with blob fields (at least non text blobs) via mysql front. It seems to drop non ascii if you do.

stormgod
05-16-2002, 03:53 PM
thanks for the limit devn00b ;)

anyway for all the blobs (characters and items and they are major ones ) its not usable except for the name but as I said before its a really nice tool for the other features (account , variables and the like )

Boogahed
05-16-2002, 06:31 PM
I downloaded the ODBC driver and I'm linking to all the tables in Microsoft Access. It works pretty good although it does have problems with certain data types, blob for one, and the items list has just an ID field and a field called raw_data which shows up as type OLE_object, which I haven't figured out how to do anything with.

Lyenu X`Arie
05-21-2002, 02:40 AM
PHPMyAdmin is a good tool =). A tool I'm working on is PHPEmuAdmin ( http://lyenu.servehttp.com/phpemuadmin/ ). Do not ask when it'll be done, I won't tell you and I'll probly put you on ignore =p Just read the news page to see whats up.

Hardy
05-21-2002, 05:55 AM
It sounds good, one idea: I seen on your news that you can put it to how many you want to view per page. Idea: If someone wants to edit a mob or something and its the very last one on the page, that would go back to slow loading. Could try to figure out a way so that if you want to check a mob, lets say, in the middle, you could just work with the middle and not have to wait for the beginning or end to load. This might sound confusing, its a little hard to explain, you get the idea though?