PDA

View Full Version : Website Making

neirra02
04-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey Guys, Got my server up and running - Editing it some but! Where can I find a WESBITE BUILDING that is free that I can sign up for to create my own WEBSITE for FREE, because my server needs a website. PLEASE let me know if you know any!

Doomfire
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
If your gonna have a professional server why the hell would you use free hosting.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=free+web+site+hosting&meta=

Click on this link and you can get some crappy free hosting so go along with your crappy un-professional server that will be dead in a week!

Cutter
04-19-2005, 04:40 PM
all that wasnt very necessary.. he asked a simple question.. you have that much hate then post somewhere else..

so what he wants a page thats free.. maybe at this time he dont want to sink money into a professional webpage.. what exactly was to learn from you hateful remarks exactly?

btw.. hello everyone.. back from a long absence.. hello Cisyouc, Ranger, Xabober er er er lol

Hey is Melwin and LE still around.. havent seen them in IRC..

I will be working on a new server soon.. trying to get it back up.. i see that someone has the Evolution name sooooo ill just pick another name heh

RangerDown
04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Hello and welcome back Cutter!

I believe the one you were looking for was Xabob. Xabober sounds like one of Baron-Sprite's undead necro pets... then again Xabob might be Baron's b**ch so I guess it's all the same :D
(BTW, Xabob is kinda temporarily banned from forums right till the end of the week so don't expect a response from him. See the Wake n Bake thread in Off Topic for why)

Melwin is still around, though not a forum admin, and he pretty much keeps in #wr and rarely steps outside that channel. LE took a fancy to EQ2 and isn't active here anymore.

Cutter
04-19-2005, 05:11 PM
ahh ok.. explains things.. I started up my server today.. man im sooo lost now with all the changes .. but anyways.. LE gave me a green server .. long ago.. i still have access when it was "Evolution"

As for me.. Ive been playing around on Live. since DON came out, got really bored so I decided to come back and see what has changed.

My server is far from being live, and no before anyone responds I dont need help lol

But some of the testers were coming on asking me if i was Richardo.. and did i hack the server to get to green status.. umm no, Im just using my old login which is still active.

Cisyouc helped me alot but had some real life issues had to deal with and could no longer keep server up..

But hopefully in a few weeks "Dragon's Winter will be up and running

This time around I hope to dive into things like compiling and source editing. but we will see..

also I may try my hand at packet collecting also .. Never done it.. but heck Id be willing to learn..

Does Sotonix still come on any longer? I see Virus is still around and Mangoo..
anyways glad to see EQemU still alive and doing great :)

RangerDown
04-19-2005, 05:32 PM
I talked to Sotonin in AIM the other day. It's been weeks since he came onto IRC :( Like LE, he turned his eyes toward other interests :(

Progz
04-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Hey Guys, Got my server up and running - Editing it some but! Where can I find a WESBITE BUILDING that is free that I can sign up for to create my own WEBSITE for FREE, because my server needs a website. PLEASE let me know if you know any!

I could proably make you a website in photoshop. I'll make it basic and simple to read and update. This would be for an everquest server right?

Edit: I noticed you have AIM. Please contact me on that. Im sure I could make one for you. Just tell me what type of buttons you want, like "Home, Servers, Forum, etc."

Cisyouc
04-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Hm. It takes alot and good timing to get actual real free hosting. The only true adless unrestrictive webhost I've used is Freepgs.com (http://freepgs.com), but I signed up for an account right before they added the sign up charge. You can also host your own site if you have a server for it, just check to see that your isp doesnt block port 80, that can be a hassle.

As for the site itself, Some great sites come out of the Adobe line of products. But, I'm horrible at that kind of stuff so I couldnt tell you specifics.

wize_one
04-20-2005, 06:21 AM
if port 80 is blocked can just tell apache to use another port, and then use a service like no-ip.com and do a port 80 redirect..8)..

F cox.com :D :D :D :D

Sakrateri
04-21-2005, 05:31 AM
how do you do a prot 80 redirect ? and can I host a website from this?

wize_one
04-21-2005, 05:53 AM
you can run a webserver from your home computer even if your isp blocks port 80.. go to www.no-ip.com and read about it there.. its fairly easy to do.. will work with with any webserver that allows you to change what port it listens too(iis and apache work well)