PDA

View Full Version : Live Compatible Beta

fathernitwit
04-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Hey all,

The live compatible eqemu code is currently being tested on Project EQ The Grand Creation Server. Please stop by and test it out.
#summonitem has been enabled, all old chars are avaliable, but all characters will be wiped and reverted to their state before live testing began (4/22) in about a week when testing is done.

To test, patch a copy of your EQ folder to live, and change your eqhost to point to:
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

please drop by and test and report bugs on the forums.

kawika
04-23-2005, 07:27 AM
I want to be the first to say a BIG thank you to all of the devs and everyone who's helped on this latest release. I've been waiting and hoping a live compatible version would be available soon. Sooo...Thank you!

baseballer
04-23-2005, 09:18 AM
me 2, awesome awesome awesome!!!!

baseballer
04-23-2005, 09:28 AM
when i try to loginat the login screen, it gives me a username/pass word error. I typed in my username and pass exactly like the one ive been using since i've joined emu about 2yrs ago and it won't let me join..any ideas?

fathernitwit
04-23-2005, 12:26 PM
server is down right now, might be a few days until it comes back.

baseballer
04-23-2005, 02:28 PM
so i get the username/pass error b/c the server is down?

ActionAlligator
04-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Maybe you didn't update your eqhost.txt with Emu. Anyways, FathNitWit, your server has been down for awhile! :( I'm so desperate to play! Anyways, thanks soooooooo much for making this up to date with live! THANKS A TON!

mwmdragon
04-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I know, I know, I should just be glad I have what I have. But a public login would make this Emu a lot more versitile.

Not trying to stir up $hi7, just voicing my opinion.

Let the flames begin :(

RangerDown
04-23-2005, 06:04 PM
The login server works just fine.

Raggnarokh
04-23-2005, 11:03 PM
i played yesterday on the Beta server and was enought to say this " Great Work Guys"

baseballer
04-24-2005, 12:32 AM
i dont know what the problem was. i have been using the same login for 2yrs now with no problem up until about 12 hours ago. typed it in perfectly, no caps lock was on or anything. weird to me.

ActionAlligator
04-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Hey Raggnarokh!!!!!! It's the dwarf Thorebaine on PEQ's server! :D Hiya.

Raggnarokh
04-24-2005, 08:44 AM
:)

Thats what i like of Eq. I always find intereting ppl

btw... could we play on the largest name server ? :P
Lol

Have fun

aragon
04-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Patched today and logged in, but after select the server I get a black screen, any idea?

Bazill
04-24-2005, 09:54 AM
how long after beta will you make a release so we can make our own server? having a lan party coming up soon =))

ActionAlligator
04-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Aragon, I know what server you're talking about. It's Lethal's server, and his IP is set up so only he can go on it...pretty cruel of him huh :P

ActionAlligator
04-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Sooooo desperate, and only FatherNitWit Test server is up, and it's locked....BTW Rag, do you have MSN or something? You seemed pretty cool, and if a server's up, and we're some of the only ones on there, i'd like to hang out with SOMEone :P

tcsmyworld
04-24-2005, 04:45 PM
PEQ is back up and running :)

Raggnarokh
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Just a very noooooooby question , what is PEQ?
(soz for being such a newbie)

Btw Thornbaine, i have sent u a private message i think, if u havent received it , send me one message and i will write another 1 .
See u and have fun

Emuman2098
04-25-2005, 01:24 AM
well, you have summonitem in, is there any way to see itemsearch put in? hard to summon items without the numbers :) great server by the way :)

Doodman
04-25-2005, 02:24 AM
how long after beta will you make a release so we can make our own server? having a lan party coming up soon =))

We're trying to move to a more sane release schedule and not always be in "DR" status. Give it a little time in beta (and get people to beat on it) so we can have a nice stable release soon.

The netcode change was pretty big , and every opcode changed. We've identified a lot of them and spent some time in limitted alpha test to hammer out a lot of the remaining. There are some final netcode tuning tasks I need to finish up during the beta.

And, btw, if you see "Soandso's Test Server" up it is probably just that. Their test server. I know when I bring mine up it is for me to test on only, same with FNW and LE I assume. LE has been working on getting it to compile again on windows (FNW and myself don't use windows) and testing that out, so I assume that is why his is there.

Again, the more poeple we get testing the Beta on PEQ the faster a full release will come and the better it will be out of the gate.

aragon
04-25-2005, 03:20 AM
I logged my own server in "[testing]Legit-SemiPVP", I had on list together with another that was always locked. My server was displaying as available but when I click to to play I get the famous black screen. I checked on the world.exe and I couldn't see no log that I even tryed to access the server. Im running a dedicated server and the game in another network. Everything works fine on login1.eqemulator.net port 5994 + older version of the game. But when I try the new version + eqemulator.net port 5998 nothing happen. Do I need any special configuration on the server?

HELLLP!

Doodman
04-25-2005, 03:36 AM
Using live compatible client?

I see your server report 0.6.0-DR3. That is not live compatible. 5998 LS is for live comaptible clients. Use 5994 for 0.6.0-DR3.

aragon
04-25-2005, 03:40 AM
DOH, that explain why! I'll try again, thanks for the quick reply!

aragon
04-25-2005, 04:52 AM
Just wonder If I can download this beta version for run my server? If is possible, can anyone post a link plz?

Raggnarokh
04-25-2005, 04:57 AM
u no need nothing in order to play aragon, u just need eq and change eqhost.txt file =)

have fun

Belfedia
04-25-2005, 06:21 AM
this is simple !
You don't have any compiled release.
Just CVS source (you can compil it, good luck)
Devs make some tests on 1 or 2 server, and when all problems are gone
They make a new Compiled Public release :)
Just some patience :p

Doodman
04-25-2005, 06:22 AM
He was saying for his server, so I assume he's not talking about just playing.

And, no, it's not released yet. Help test it on PEQ and we'll get there faster!

steelrat
04-25-2005, 07:51 AM
To have achieved this much is deserving of huge congratulations to the Developement Team, You are all doing a fantastic job.

Thanks.

SR

tcsmyworld
04-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Just a very noooooooby question , what is PEQ?
(soz for being such a newbie)

PEQ is short for Project EQ, the DB project for the emulator.
When people refer to PEQ server, it is PEQ The Grand Creation server.

It is the development server for the world DB releases, usually running the newest code and most complete "Live Like" DB.

aragon
04-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Did some tests on someone server and found some bugs with #zone command. I tryed to zone from freeport west to pok with #zone poknowledge, and receive an message saying I wasnt experiented enough to travel to planes... then port me inside the water and I couldnt move. Guess what? Died :) Another try to port it froze the game and I couldnt move at all. A part from the command found a bug on database, still in freeport west, with the guards assist. I trained 2 mobs and run inside the city, one guard follow my train but didnt assist...Guess again? LOL ... well at least he didnt help the mobs to kill me...

WTB 2 rezzes in freeportwest pst!!

Belfedia
04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Hum hum hum
PEQ server running in VELIOUS peq database (strange no ?) Http://www.projecteq.net
You can zone only on Classic+kunark+velious zones and not Poknowledge (Planes of power extension).

kawika
04-25-2005, 05:01 PM
You can zone only on Classic+kunark+velious zones and not Poknowledge (Planes of power extension).

Negative! The Velious database means that only the zones up to Velious are populated. You can definately zone to zones up to the latest DoN expansion, however, they will not be populated. If I'm wrong, feel free to flame this post...but for once I think I'm on the right track. :D

RangerDown
04-25-2005, 05:13 PM
You're right and wrong. It's within your power to modify the entries in the zone table so you can zone there. But the database ships with these zones restricted by default.

Belfedia
04-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Negative! The Velious database means that only the zones up to Velious are populated. You can definately zone to zones up to the latest DoN expansion, however, they will not be populated. If I'm wrong, feel free to flame this post...but for once I think I'm on the right track. :D

I'm not wrong, if you aren't in PEQ staff, you can't zone in (Because need admin priv). In my serveur, i can zone where i want, not in PEQ server. Sorry but i didn't think i need to explain all details...

Raggnarokh
04-26-2005, 01:28 AM
i got another bug, nothing seriuos , i was killing at the orc camp at Wc, and some apprendice casted Blind on me ,so i got a black screen, then died because the massive aggro i got ... well i resurected at my guild but i was still being blinded by that spell , u may thing that the game got frozen but I pressed "1" and the combat music started...
And they are right , guards dont assist they just go and follow a mob ( dunno why)
Well ill try to do my Beta Testing better :)

See u later guys

Have fun

Ps= Soz for my bad english :(

CorvusCorvanes
04-26-2005, 05:55 AM
Just last night while me and my friends were logged in. We experienced an auto attack bug. At first we couldnt attack or anything, but if we used a ranged attack it would fix the whole problem. Just thought id let you guys know.

EDIT:
Also just found out highkeep is bugged as well

stragee
04-26-2005, 06:36 AM
I guess these bugs I have listed may not be applicable but I figured I'd list them anyway to try and help.

1. First necro pet ever cast was summoned without a bone chip.

2. Pets do no show walking animation.

3. Pets do not die upon logging out.

4. Poison spells randomly last longer then they should on my toon.

5. Poison does not drop off after dying and spawning at bind point.

6. Dying does not necessarily mean one will spawn at bind point.

7. 10%+ of the mobs on a map are concidered out of range for attack.
(server side lag issue I would suspect)

8. Fear is not working at all as I'm sure everyone is well aware of.

9. Ranged weapons are not functioning.

10. West commons zone has been down most of the day.

I think thats it so far. I will continue to test and see what else I can find and edit this post if/when I find more.

Thatguyfoo
04-26-2005, 08:00 AM
im gettting a user//pass error when i try to log in. dont think my eqhost text is correct tho i copied from the site numerous times. can someone post their eqhost text that has gotten in would help much, thanks.

Raggnarokh
04-27-2005, 01:45 AM
yesterday i had a extrange error.

I was on Kurn`s Tower and suddenly i could attack or cast any spell,but mobs didnt hit me , they just started to run after me , i had to log cause i couldnt even open a door...

another problem, i zoned to Wc from Ec and my char goes intro a endless loop
i got myself in Wc with a "loading zone " screen and a messed chat screen with letters all over the chat windows ( kind of creepy) . if u use any kind of register
name is Thaall

Have a nice day :)

RangerDown
04-27-2005, 02:58 AM
It may be intentional for pets not to die upon logging out. SOE recently added pets to the no-rent ruleset -- that is, if you log back on within 30 minutes of logging off, you will still have your pet.

SiliconeClone
04-27-2005, 03:33 AM
On the pets not showing walking animation, make sure that you have human male models turned on. This fixed the issue for me as these are old pets for some reason and the old ones always need Male Humans turned on.

Cy7
04-27-2005, 06:42 AM
First of all, thanks eqemu guys for taking your free time to create the new version for us. The beta is looking great.

This should be a priority - Endless zoning loop bug between zones. Im having the same problem as rag with 2 characters on 2 seperate accounts. These characters are cought in an endless loop of zoning between west freeport and WC. If I could bypass this bug myself, I would. But they are perminently cought in a zoning loop where I cant #zone out. If the GM's can, could you warp characters 'Alick' and 'Shaneco' out of this endless loop. Like I said, this bug should be a priority to fix, since players cannot "deal" with it.

Necro pets seem to be slightly overpowered. They cast a higher level lifetap that I am unfamiliar with. Level 4 necro pet can knock a level 8 mob down from 100% to 50%. Level 4 necro pet also seems to hit for 10-30's. I donno if this has already been an issue since I have only recently joined the eqemu community.

Also, should there be a seperate forum for Beta Bugs so we can list problems? Or am I just not aware of the place where the beta testers relay there findings to the developers?

Anyway, keep it up guys, thanks again! =)

Cy7
04-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Oh, sorry, I just found the PEQ Char Mover on the other site. So I can "deal" with the zone bug now, lol. Still, it is a troublesome bug.

RangerDown
04-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Also, should there be a seperate forum for Beta Bugs so we can list problems? Or am I just not aware of the place where the beta testers relay there findings to the developers?

If you believe the problems are database related, post them on the Velious Beta forums at http://www.projecteq.net

While I can't verify it at this time, there's a good chance that the zone line and pet spells are database related.

Cisyouc
04-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Necro pets seem to be slightly overpowered. They cast a higher level lifetap that I am unfamiliar with. Level 4 necro pet can knock a level 8 mob down from 100% to 50%. Level 4 necro pet also seems to hit for 10-30's. I donno if this has already been an issue since I have only recently joined the eqemu community.Yup, this is a database issue, not an EQEMu issue. So you'd need to talk to PEQ about that, that isnt a beta issue :)

Kikinaak
04-28-2005, 07:36 AM
I get to server select fine, but when loading finishes (at "loading equipment") Just before loading the character select screen, I get an error Microsoft C++ runtime Error, eqgame.exe abnormal program termination. Has anyone else had this problem?

If PEQ is up and open, then the problem is on my end somewhere, but I can get to the server select screen fine. Any ideas? :?

Belfedia
04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Have you try to make a complete files check on patcher ? :)
if not, just delete your eqgame.exe and EQGraphicsDX9.dll and try it :)
you have some files corrupt :p

Kikinaak
04-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Yup, did in depth file scan, refixed the host file, ran again, and this time it didnt even get to loading equipment, it crashed on loading character models. this is a fresh install today+patch to live, so I'm pretty sure the files are not corrupt. However, I do not have Gates, Omens or Dragons installed, and the login server says I'm enabled for them. Could this be the problem, that EQ is trying to load files that arent there?

Vyeper
04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Well its been almost 2 years since i was last in the eqemu game...let alone eqlive. Well im trying to connect to this baby and everytime i try to login it times out. Straight away after pressing the login button it says "timed out" cant say ive ever had that happen before.

cbdsetzer
04-29-2005, 02:53 AM
i cant login to the server, do i use the account i created on this forum or some other account? or is the server down?, when will it be up again?

kawika
04-29-2005, 04:31 AM
You need to create a loginserver account. Use this link. (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/profile.php?do=loginserver) and then create the username/password.

Good luck.

WhileInSilence
04-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Grrr, I can't stay connected to the server.

I'll be playing for like 10 mins, and then I'll try to attack something or search for an item or whatever, and nothing will happen. Then I realize I'm lagging out and I eventually just have to /quit or something.

But I alt tab and surf the internet just fine....longest I've been lag free on the server is like 15 mins lol.

helpppp

PS. Other than this the server is kicking ass so far, I came back into EQEmu about a month ago and haven't been able to play anthing, so tonight is the first time I've been on EQ in like 7 months! Soooo fun.

Cy7
04-30-2005, 08:40 PM
I have this same problem. I log in and within 10 mins my character locks up. I can move around and jump, but I cant do anything else, no opening doors, spell casting, attacking, even /camping. Granted, this character was also filled with lots of twinked stuff using #summonitem. I believe the problem is linked to some of the items summoned, When I deleted all the items, I stopped having the problem.
I just hope I dont get this bug when the beta ends and I can play a character for real. This bug is pretty serious, I hope the DB guys are working on a fix.

kawika
05-01-2005, 04:35 AM
I just hope I dont get this bug when the beta ends and I can play a character for real. This bug is pretty serious, I hope the DB guys are working on a fix.I hope you went to http://projecteq.net/ and submitted a bug report to let them know about it, otherwise it won't get fixed. They're not psychics.

Cy7
05-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Ah well I was talking to a couple people on irc and in-game. It sounded like it was a known bug that was tough to solve, thats why it has never been fixed.
But I will go post there anyway.

SaguetoSan
05-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey, I just tried with Everquest Trilogy, and it works great so far. There's only one thing; crteating a shortcut with 'patchme' doesn't seems to work. The game still lunch and check all files. So it always overwrite my eqhost.txt. I have to overwrite the file before clicking on 'Play'.

Anyway, good work guys!!!

Belfedia
05-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey, I just tried with Everquest Trilogy, and it works great so far. There's only one thing; crteating a shortcut with 'patchme' doesn't seems to work. The game still lunch and check all files. So it always overwrite my eqhost.txt. I have to overwrite the file before clicking on 'Play'.

Anyway, good work guys!!!

Mhhh are you sure to make shorcut on Eqgame.exe and not Everquest.exe ?

SaguetoSan
05-01-2005, 01:15 PM
I guess I was too much in a hurry to play ^_^
Now it works just fine, thanl you.

Fajo
05-01-2005, 03:34 PM
To fix the lock up problem Hold Down SHIFT and hit the down arrow key 3 times that should unlock it.. this is a prob in EQ Live also

kawika
05-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Did BETA end today? I know it was mentioned that it would only go one week from 04/22 and I seem to remember the MOTD saying that it would end on May 1. Any update on this? I haven't tried to log in yet, just curious if the beta will continue until more known bugs are fixed or if there will be a compiled release to the public.

Thanks

Jiraya79
05-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Well I just loged on about an hour ago and it seems that no server reset has taken place as of yet. I also checked out PEQ webpage for any info on the matter and nothing about it was up in the forums when i looked.

I'm sure it will take place anytime now or at least we'll hear something by 2nite if not earlier. I am awaiting the reset before getting farther involved so that progress with my character will not be lost =)

Jiraya79

fathernitwit
05-02-2005, 02:53 AM
the descision was made to run the beta for prolly at least another week or two, due to myself and others being extremely busy and not having time to fix issues.

Raggnarokh
05-02-2005, 05:08 AM
How can i solve this problem? i have read that Cy7 solved it ... can u tell me how plz ?

Thx mate

kawika
05-02-2005, 05:16 AM
the descision was made to run the beta for prolly at least another week or two, due to myself and others being extremely busy and not having time to fix issues.No worries at all, was just looking for an update to see what was going on. :D

ZozzET
05-02-2005, 05:27 AM
Hope the public version comes out soon >< can't wait to setup my own server again lol

nadineemu
05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
bit confused here... someone enlighten me

kawika
05-08-2005, 03:28 PM
bit confused here... someone enlighten meWhatcha need enlightening on? Beta for Live compatible will be going for a little while longer. Once released the message up top about no patching should be removed and we can all rejoice. Those who have not been able to play will be able to, those of us who have found work arounds can patch and be happy.

Woodlife Treestrider
05-09-2005, 05:19 AM
and does anyone know if this update will contain a fix so we can play on the dragons of norrath zones as well? would be awesome.

Belfedia
05-09-2005, 11:32 AM
With this update you can play on Dragon of norrath extension
BUT you need a database with it, and i don't know any server with that
(Go go go Devs :p)

alvahv
05-09-2005, 11:55 AM
hrm, everytime i try and log in it says connecting to login server and just sits there....doesn't give a could not connect message or anything, anyone shed some light?

a few days ago i was able to log in just fine..haven't patched a thing since then so not sure what's up

Belfedia
05-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I don't understand why you put your support message here ? this thread speak about live compatible client (PATCHED). Plz read thread before post in...
If you want connect your live compatible client, don't be LAZY and read ALL this post, answer is inside.

kawika
05-11-2005, 05:16 AM
The latest live patch (05/11/05) seems to break the emulator. can anyone confirm this please? Thanks

Bazill
05-11-2005, 05:47 AM
im having problems also with logging in now but its hard to say if its the patch that screwed it up bcuz i cant say which server now is live compatible now that grand creation server is no longer up....

Koshoji
05-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I think that if you patched any time after 12/13/04 you are s.o.l. until

the new release comes out.

Koshoji

Dr Zauis
05-11-2005, 09:16 AM
The latest live patch (05/11/05) seems to break the emulator. can anyone confirm this please? Thanks

LOL! I patched today too! PEQ is up and I get 1017 error when trying to log in..So I guess the best thing for me to do is install another HD and a trick select switch so that I can boot to a whole new HD and OS..Seems like a lot to go through but I wanted to do that anyway..Wish I had done that last week!

Belfedia
05-11-2005, 10:21 AM
we are damned :( :( :(

kawika
05-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey Bel, how do you say 'back to the drawing board' in french? 'DAMNIT!'? j/k

solid11
05-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Is there gonna be a release of emu for those that have not patched on this latest patch? You know there MIGHT be a few smart'uns in the bunch that have enough sense NOT to have patched today, LOL.

Belfedia
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
In french we can say
"Remettre l'ouvrage sur le metier a tisser"
that more poetic thing for say my disapointment :(
I think about devs who work hard for make a Up to date release
and Soe who destroy it in only one patch...

kawika
05-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Heh, I'm smarter than you think, apparently. I have two seperate directories for EQEmu, one that's patched to work with 6.1 and the one that I tried patching to see if live compatible is still live compatible.

ZozzET
05-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Heh, I'm smarter than you think, apparently. I have two seperate directories for EQEmu, one that's patched to work with 6.1 and the one that I tried patching to see if live compatible is still live compatible.
Yeah most people do stuff like that, I myself have 3 installs lol. 1 for 0.60, 1 for 0.61 and 1 for eqlive.

Koshoji
05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
What date was this patch? I did patch on the 4th; hopefully I just missed the "bad patch".

Thanks

Ps...I wonder if Soe had this up their sleeve all along, trying to foil the efforts
of the devs.

solid11
05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Latest one was yesterday, the 11th.

Koshoji
05-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Right on, thanks!

Dr Zauis
05-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Woot! Used system restore!
Oh Im soo happy!
I will NEVER make that mistake again!

gordonzero
05-14-2005, 12:46 AM
I can't go back beond live becaus i had a system crash a few weeks ago and i just got around to reloading EQ yesterday... just for an update ... patch on 5/13/05 as described in patch notes on 5/11/05.

Ben18
05-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Hello, I was just reading some forms and found this one. I have one question what is a (live compatible eqemu)?

iamjooish
05-29-2005, 10:20 AM
an emu that works with the current EQ patch. I assume this is for client-side patches only.