PDA

View Full Version : Zonepoints and Z cords

Sakrateri
05-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey there , Im making some really nice zones with this but have on problem, When I make zonelines it does not sem to matter what i set the z axes for the target zone to it always zones me beneath the world, I am curious , what does the ignore do exactly for the target zone points? , i have tried it checked and unchecked. And what exactly does infinite z do ? I have tried that checked and unchecked , the x and y seem to be great but that z is killing me , any ideas?

Thanks alot for this program it really is a great way to allow people to get out of the tedium of all the stuff thats been seen before.

KhaN
05-10-2005, 02:05 AM
I would suggest you to use EQEmu stock zoning system (by adressing zone porting location in DB), even if OZ allow to make zonelines, i always find it hard and complicated to use, compared to EQEmu way.

Maybe WC could answer your questions, as im not able to, only thing i think i remember (but im not sure), is zoning dont handle Z axis, only X/Y coords ...

Sakrateri
05-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Ok , thanks Khan .

I have found something very weird out since that post, First I was using the DB to enter in the zone cords also and it did not matter what I put in the DB , If I put 0,0,0 or any other cords it still put me out where it wanted too, And at the time I had another zone out to the nexus, Well I decided to trash the zone I was working on and made a third zone meaning to forget about zone number two , the nexus zone being zone number one, Well once I made zone number three then zone number two started working perfectly and zone number three now does nothing ....lol I can not figure it out but at least my zonepoints work now , even if I do have a new hole in my wall that does nothing now, think I will fill it up with mobs and if someone runs in there thinking its a zone out they will get a surprise :) lol

Windcatcher
05-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Even when you make zonelines in OpenZone, you still have to enter the source and destination coordinates in the database. However, you can use OpenZone to calculate what the coordinates should be and OpenZone can export the correct coordinates to a text file for you. You can then enter the coordinates into your database from the values in the text file.

OpenZone has a menu item called File...Export...Export zone line info to .ZPT. This will create a text file that will contain the source and destination coordinates from the data you enter in the ground editor. You can then use the data in this exported file to set up your database.

The ignore setting means that the coordinate in the destination zone will have the same coordinate as in the source zone. For example, when you zone from East Commonlands to West Commonlands, the zone is a long line between the two zones, and it's desirable to appear at the same point along the zone line as you entered. The server supports a magic number that signals it to retain a particular X, Y, or Z coordinate. When you check the ignore setting in OpenZone and export the zoneline coordinate settings to a .ZPT file, OpenZone will put in the magic numbers that the server expects for the coordinates where you checked "ignore". In the case of East/West commonlands, for example, the zoneline extends north-south (along the X axis), so it would mean checking ignore for the X coordinate.

The ignore setting is meant for this purpose, where you have a long line linking two zones (you could think of them as parts of a single huge zone). It isn't meant for zone exits where you have the customary snaky tunnel exit.

Sakrateri
05-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok thanks for the explaination Wind , I did get the cords from the .zpt file and put it in exactly , I am using the zone MMCF for my zone I created and I am thinking there is zome kind of zone hard coded in for that zone , not sure but anyway thanks alot for this program it rocks , Oh and thanks ALOT for getting it to work with our ATI cards , NVidia and Intel are NOT for gamers...........AMD/ATI !!! The best ! Thanks again :)