PDA

View Full Version : Faction Questions

Sethxian
05-17-2002, 02:02 PM
I have been working on factions for all my spawns. I have tried the following and can only get ally.

1) I have made sure my account was set to normal user so that they won't con ally because of the GM status.

2) Using primary faction 1 I have set all mobs to -1500 base faction and even -1500 for all the *_mod's. I have set all the faction values for the factions to -1500. Then I start the server and eveything is still ally. The only thing I've been able to do is get indiff using primary faction 0.

3) I went as far as setting the char's values to -1500 with all the factions the char took a hit on and still ally.

At this point I've tried making every mob/npc kos to me and it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance - Sethxian

Lurker_005
05-18-2002, 03:54 AM
In the faction list table, set base to what you want, and then in the npc_faction table set it again (value) for the apropriate spawns. I can't say this is the right way to do it, but it is what ariak did, an it seems to work.

Drawde
05-18-2002, 05:34 AM
From my experience it seems that when you create a character with a GM account then that character
has a GM flag, which is retained even if you later lower your account status. (Monsters/NPCs are always
allied to GMs regardless of faction). If you create a new character after you lower the status, they
won't have a GM flag. I think you can change this flag in the latest EQEmuAdmin.

Sethxian
05-18-2002, 12:02 PM
Excellent, Thanks for your responses.