PDA

View Full Version : Willing to open a server.(Read)

IceDemon
05-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Dual (2) Intel

Xabob
05-18-2005, 03:30 AM
remove the patch part please

RangerDown
05-18-2005, 05:14 AM
If Icedemon isn't your account, why are you posting on it?

Belfedia
05-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Perhaps is a shy person ? :p

For have a good machine and connection , you need only money.
For make an eqemu server, you need some skills.
For play to eqemu you need correct EQ patched.

For have friends and help here you need just identity, make your account, read the forum rules and help other when you can :)

mwmdragon
05-18-2005, 12:06 PM
There is no need to be one hell of a programmer to make great quests. I picked up perl in 2 weeks, well enough of it to start a major overhaul on the PEQ quests.

I know you are hinting for someone to send you the working files to play EQEmu, which is wrong, and trying to coax people to do it with promisses of a great server with great quests is a NOOb way of doing it.

We don't give out files here, and I certainly dont't care how well the server runs, it's the experience behind the server that matters. It would tkae you some time and dedication to make a great server and you don't need a working version of Everquest to do it.

It's all in the database baby !!

Fire up PEQ_Editor and MySQLFront and maybe even my quest helper ;) and you will well on your way to a great server.

Umm, I think my point is... Please stop file begging. Even if it is underhandedly.

Sorry for the rant.

sdabbs65
05-18-2005, 05:25 PM
I agree with you mwmdragon, it's just another way of someone being lazy.
and not wanting to spend hours/months/years...making a good server.
not saying it will take you that long..
you can have a server up and running in a matter of hours,
but what makes a good server is the people behind the hardware and the dedication to make things fun for the players.

IceDemon
05-19-2005, 08:10 AM
Ok well reading your two post pissed me off, I mean "Who the fuck are you to judge anyone!?!?!" You call me a file beggar when I said the truth? Ohh I'm soooo sorry that I just wasted my money on this server for the main reason making a EQEmu server, but forget it, Mwmdragon and sdabbs65 you two need to think before you talk treat me like this.

-You two will never join my server, so forget it.
-I am not a file beggar all I was stating is that. "I AM WAITING TILL THE NEXT EMU IS FIXED"
-And all I really said is (If you went to school, and can understand english) To be ready for a new server!
-Once again it will be a public server, and can host up to enough players, will always have an unlimited amount of space.
-My server will also have something setup if you dont play the character on my server within 3 months, it will be deleted to an empty account folder.

(Excuse my language to everyone else, just giving what those Talkers, not thinkers, what they deserve)

Rogean
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
T1 = ~ 1.54 mb/s, 192kB/s

Theoretically, Each user takes about 7kB/s.

You could reach about 30+ users stable, but it will start getting laggy the more people that do combat (and near eachother doing combat).

The better servers (Winters Roar, Raid Addicts, PEQ, etc) are on 100mbit lines.

The hardware will definitly do the trick though.