PDA

View Full Version : So confused...

XXXSweetLouXXX
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
I played EQEMU a long time ago and I decided to check it out again, but there is just one problem. I cant seem to find any updated information on how to actually play EQEMU. All the information I'm finding seems to be outdated and doesn't work. I have no idea what's going on. Could someone please point me in the right direction where I can find this up to date info so i can play? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

Dr Zauis
05-20-2005, 12:44 AM
OK..I just went through all this a few weeks ago so I think I can answer your
question..
First you must realize that the emulator is not live compatible at the moment
so you may be out of luck if you have just installed the game. You need a compatible version wich means you must have installed the game and patched before May11..Its not possible to just install the game and not patch either.
If you think you may have the right version then follow the instructions
here...
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/faq.php?faq=eqemuplayfaq#faq_playguide
Except that the eqhost text file should say...
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Thats it! LOL!
Remember that the shortcut is to eqgame.exe.. So if you try to start the game from your new shortcut and the game tries to patch you created a shortcut to the wrong .exe
If you try to start the game and it say something like "Please run Everquest.exe then you forgot to add the patchme argument to the properties of the shortcut.(leave a space after the last quotation)
Its not enough to be registered at the forums..You must register as a user in order to log into the game..
If all is well you should be able to see the servers on the list. Pick PEQ The grand creation and see if you can create a character. If you get something like error 1017 then you are not compatible most likely. You will have to wait or in a pinch use Win XP system restore if had the game installed and patched sometime in late April or Early May..If the game just hangs there and does nothing you probably are not compatible either.

I hope I helped you.

XXXSweetLouXXX
05-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Thanks a bunch! My problem was that I patched EQ yesterday so I have the wrong version. Everything works fine except I get that 1017 error. So I guess I just wait till EQEMU gets updated. Thanks again.

Korpen
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah it's the same here, patched to live smoked me =/

Iadas
05-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Do you think it'll be updated eventually? never knew about this and was looking forward to trying it when I got homr from work. Unfortunetlly...I am fully patched with Live.

solid11
05-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Take some friendly advice. Don't wait around for the emu to catch up to live. It was almost 5 months between December's patch and the last working emu. Do some investigative work and you will get it working. It really urks me seeing so many just give up when log on for the first time and they are told, "Wait until next working Emu".

It's 90% of the fun just getting your server up and running. Hell, I spend more time tweaking the clients and the databases than I do playing. Just keep at it folks.

"You can only fail if you quit trying"

Dr Zauis
05-26-2005, 06:12 PM
I agree..Dont quit yet..It didnt take me long to get mine working even though I patched to live by mistake..I could have thrown up my hands in disgust but I kept at it..Now everything works perfect!