KhaN
06-04-2005, 11:32 AM
... Why ... ?

Cisyouc
06-04-2005, 11:42 AM
... Money? ...

dmal0807
06-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Use AdBlock plugin for Firefox to get rid of em.

mwmdragon
06-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Do you get more money if we click em? If so is there any multi click stopper on them? Because I would click em a ton while burning DVD. (Wasted time anyways)

RangerDown
06-04-2005, 04:51 PM
The banner ad you see is promoting the same company that hosts the box you're reading this post from, for free. Don't you think this is the least we could do?

LethalEncounter
06-04-2005, 06:23 PM
The ads are for Krusher. Most of you new people probably dont know him, but he has been supporting this project for a very long time. He owns a data center and has been a very good friend of the project for a while now. So please respect his ads and support him in any way you can :)

KhaN
06-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Well, i dont understand why you all took a simple word "why" so bad, it was neither negative or positive, its just a simple word asking why there is an banner-ad lol. It was not a problem of blocking Banner, it is not disturbing, it was just a simple question :)

Now its explained, i unterstand it and its normal to thanks Krusher for its effort with supporting EQEmu, but you know making a post in news forum would have been maybe better, but i guess it will be just one more example of eqemu lacking com skills :p

Cisyouc
06-05-2005, 02:36 AM
Well, i dont understand why you all took a simple word "why" so bad, it was neither negative or positive, its just a simple word asking why there is an banner-ad lol. It was not a problem of blocking Banner, it is not disturbing, it was just a simple question :)

Now its explained, i unterstand it and its normal to thanks Krusher for its effort with supporting EQEmu, but you know making a post in news forum would have been maybe better, but i guess it will be just one more example of eqemu lacking com skills :p
Why? Its not like you've never seen a banner ad before .. 0.o

krusher
06-05-2005, 04:13 AM
We tried to make the ad as friendly as possible. Not to flashy or ugly.