View Full Version : Greetings!
06-04-2005, 06:37 PM
In case alot of you didnt know I am writing an emulator for EQ2. Zordon started working on the his emu last year and I was assisting him for a short time. But now that Zordon has left the emu scene because of what happened with his collector site (http://eq2archives.com/) I have been the only one working on it. I decided to write my own version rather than relying on his source because I feel our code is easier to work with. There has been some recent requests to help out, so I felt that the first thing we should do is work out a design now before the code gets too much further along. I am setting up a SF project and with any luck I'll have the code posted on there within the next couple of days. If you want to help the best thing that you can do right now is specify something you would like to work on (try to keep it small) and then submit it here when you are done. We can do just about anything with the code, but just remember to try to think ahead and make the code as fast as possible.
06-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Cheer ! I'm not real EQ2 fan, i dislike that game.
I hope 2 things for this new project :
* The first it is that it will not attract us here the lightnings of Sony (I have doubts when I see the effect on the zordon's project).
* The second , i hope this project does not steal all the developers to the detriment of eqemu whose development is not finished.
For me is'nt a good idea to use same website for 2 different project...
I hope to be mistaken, and I wish you good luck for your project.
06-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Amen Bel, EQ2 is not even worth emulating. lets please perfect one before we move onto another. I have a station pass and play EQOA before I would ever play that mess of a game known as EQII ...just my opinon but ...
06-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Fathernitwit and Doodman stated they wouldn't be working on this, so I dont think they'll be distracted.
06-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Let me clear up some things:
1. FNW and DM do NOT want to work on this, so they wont be "distracted".
2. More people play EQ2 than they do EQ1, eq1 is a dying product.
3. In regards to this not being a place to talk about EQ2: The site name is eqemulator, not eq1emulator. Any EQ emulator would fall under that category. (Although we will be hosted on another site after things get squared away)
06-05-2005, 08:32 PM
YES MY GENERAL !!!
it is very clearly now...
06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Yes it IS dying out for Sony which is what in fact we have been waiting for so there would be no more need to try to keep up with them and then we could all concentrate on perfecting the EMU we have worked so hard on and are still working hard on to make as bug free and custom as we can. Good luck on that EQ2 venture though but as Bel said , I dont think Sony will sit as idly by on this one so stay low.
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.