PDA

View Full Version : Character disconnect/swap bug 6.1 dr1

arigo
06-07-2005, 08:47 PM
There is a bug with 6.1 dr1 where, when running two clients on the same machine and a character in one dies. The client opposite of the one that had the character die is disconnected, and the client that had the character die comes back with the character that was disconnected. In other words, the char that dies reloads, the other char on other client gets disconnected and the reloading client comes back with the char that disconnected instead of the one that died.

Update edit: Can happen while zoning too. It actually occurs with both perl build and regular build. It seems to occur more with perl, however.

Sakrateri
06-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Just be glad you can even play at this point, 6.1 is the buggiest version to date. hopefully there will be a newer one soon with tons of fixes.

Belfedia
06-10-2005, 01:39 AM
+1
Amen sakrateri :)

RangerDown
06-10-2005, 01:40 AM
While I'm not familiar to this extent with the network protocol, be prepared for the possibility that the network communication with world/zone servers identifies you by account only, making it difficult or even impossible to discern the communication between two different characters on the same account.

Remember, on eqlive you can only have one character in the world on a given account at a time. Sony might have optimized the net code to assume this, and if that's so, then you will just have to use one of your other 2 account slots to multi box with eqemu.

fathernitwit
06-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Just be glad you can even play at this point, 6.1 is the buggiest version to date. hopefully there will be a newer one soon with tons of fixes.

It is posts like this that make us want to close off development and not release public versions until they are release quality, which could be close to never. Dont post shit like this, it pisses us off. We didnt tell you to use 6.1, you chose to pull it from development CVS and employ it... take it up with Sony if you dont like the way shit is working, they are the ones that broke it.

Sakrateri
06-10-2005, 05:26 AM
I have not or would not say that the devs did anything wrong , this has obviously been taken out of context. I was merely stating a fact and the fact remains that 6.1 has got tons of bugs and I never once said they were the cause of anything the devs had done and to top it off it is a DR version , meaning that it is meant to be a developer ONLY release and not for the general public ,So it is to be used and played on at your own risk. Perhaps I should have been more clear on these points. We are all gratefull for what we do have and more then willing to give help wherever we can. I wanted this person to not pull thier hair out trying to fix stuff that can not be fixed if they can not fix it themselfs , As I am aware there are much more pressing concerns to take care of before the Devs would ever have time to waste on a bug that does not allow someone to play two instances on one machine . So you see I am very sorry if I offended anyone with what I said as that was not my intention and I will refrain from what I percieve to be assistance to anyone as I would not want it to be taken as an insult. The Devs all have my utmost respect for what they do and this is my formal appology.

arigo
06-10-2005, 08:24 AM
While I'm not familiar to this extent with the network protocol, be prepared for the possibility that the network communication with world/zone servers identifies you by account only, making it difficult or even impossible to discern the communication between two different characters on the same account.

Remember, on eqlive you can only have one character in the world on a given account at a time. Sony might have optimized the net code to assume this, and if that's so, then you will just have to use one of your other 2 account slots to multi box with eqemu.
Actually, that's not it. I tried switching up accounts by changing ip in database then logging in, and ran into the same problem over seperate accounts. I'm thinking it must be related to sharing the same ip.

arigo
06-10-2005, 08:33 AM
I wanted this person to not pull thier hair out trying to fix stuff that can not be fixed if they can not fix it themselfs , As I am aware there are much more pressing concerns to take care of before the Devs would ever have time to waste on a bug that does not allow someone to play two instances on one machine.
This is a bugs forum, and it is a bug. I'm willing to bet a lot of people like to play multiple characters since playing one is boring. The issue is not important to you, I get that - I don't really care. I don't know if either of the devs will find it important, but I do. Whatever is causing this problem could have other side-effects that you just might care about. After offending the devs you opt to offend me. Blow me.

6.1's network code has been hugely improved since 6.0dr2.

Sakrateri
06-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Are you using minilogin or public login?

arigo
06-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Are you using minilogin or public login?
The problem occurs on both.

Sakrateri
06-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Ive got players on my server a 6.1DR1 playing two and even one person playing three characters on one computer and they have not said anything about this problem , I will ask them if they do.

arigo
06-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Ive got players on my server a 6.1DR1 playing two and even one person playing three characters on one computer and they have not said anything about this problem , I will ask them if they do.
That's very strange. I had my friend test it and he had the same problem. Perhaps you're just not noticing the switch. Just the disconnect.

Sakrateri
06-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh , i dont play more then one on a machine , I have others on my server that do and they have not said anything about having a problem with it , Does not mean they arn't just that if they are they have not said anything but everyone on the server is pretty vocal about bugs , I will ask themthough and find out