PDA

View Full Version : A new project ( sorry if in wrong place )

Bluerinse
06-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I use to run some small-time servers a while back, back sometimes before last GoD I belive ( or near its release ). And I always had an idea about a true legit server. But until recently, I did not take the idea seriously..I now do. And so, begins my starting of the planing of the "Ever-Server" ( I doubt this will be the accual server name...Just the project name :nods: ). But what will seperate this server from the rest? Well, let me explain. Let me start off with listing some of the hoped for features of the server.

*True legit experince points -- I am hoping to be able to adjust the way experince works, making it more difficult to level (no 65 in a few days) to create a true Everquest experince ( but it won't take a year to get there either! )

*More Quest -- Like the real Everquest, many more things will be based off of quest. Armor and certin items will only be able to be abtained by questing.

*Raid mobs -- No longer will a raid dragon be able to be solo'ed. There will be mobs that require 2 or more groups to take down.

*Armor -- There will be (hopefully) custom armor. I was hoping to able to re-design weapons and armor fully, to create a toally custom experince. This will add a little twist. The armor however, will not be god-like! It will fit the class and level.

*Friendly support and Server Admins -- Unlike the real everquest admins, we ( hopefully we ) will accualy care about you. Because we don't care about your money, we care about the players. We will take in suggestions made by the people who play the server and accualy try to implement some of them! ( yes, for real!)

This is only a taste of what I have planned. I have been forming the idea of this server for a while. I will also try to have as many zones up as possible, or just put a couple of EQ zones in and build some of my own ( OpenZone can do this, correct? ). I will even try to implement custom classes and races ( however I will need help making models ). Im being very serious about this. I even plan to buy a 2nd computer ( not a crappy one, a hopefully Alienware quality ) to host the server DB.

Though I will try my best, I cannot do this alone. So this is where I request your help. I need as many people possible, in all skill catogories. The more people with the same skill, the quicker and more effecient it can get done. Here is the rundown of how the server will be done..

Planing stage >> Design stage >> Building stage >> Releasing Stage

I plan to stick through will all the stages. If you need download the custom files for the server, I am hoping to have my own download client set up for download through the site ( which will be designed during the Design & build stages, hopefully by me or a skilled web designer who decides to join the team). And I don't plan to just let the team help me get it running then shun them, they will all have high positions on the server management team ( if they desire so, I won't force them) and they will be given credit.

If you wish to join email this form ( you have to complete it first ) to bluerinsesoftware@gmail.com , email topic : Sign form ( or something like it )

---
#Name (user name w/e you wish to be known as)::

#Email (your contact email)::

#Skills ( what you are skilled at, be it DB or Perl quest )::

#Wanted position ( what do you want to do? Work with the DB or ?, and why you belive you should have that position )::

#Are you willing to go through with the project all the way? (...)::

----

Thats about all I require you to fill out. Any additional information you wish add in, add it. And note, I am being serious. And im hoping to have some helping hands in this. For no one is skilled in everything. So, you put skilled people together, it shows in the final product. And so, I post...

Peace,

Bluerinse

Oxalic
06-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Hope you don't plan hosting this at home with 56K/Cable/DSL. Then you'll server will cap 1-50 people.

Bluerinse
06-09-2005, 03:53 PM
No, I don't plan to host at home. I'm hosting it from my brother's computer store. He has I belive T2 or T3 connection.

Oxalic
06-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Sounds quite nice.

Bluerinse
06-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Yea. Right now I only need a few more people to get this off the ground. I'm also looking for some coders. I myself am only a novince coder with c++ and vb. I need a skilled one(or more) coders to code up certin stuff ( example our custom patcher ). Beyond that, I will accept anyone with a good skill.

Bluerinse
06-10-2005, 06:05 AM
We now have a programmer ( though more are welcome! ). Now come the big finally, we need people skilled in world building/model editing. We need around 3 or 4 more people to get this thing really going ( there are four of us right now ).

Oxalic
06-10-2005, 08:47 AM
They have a patcher you could use if you don't want to make your own
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17735.

Also about world building. You can use OpenZone it comes with a ton of models and such, and requires no real skill to use. But if you're looking for a completely customized world i guess a modeler is required.

Bluerinse
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
I was going under the assumtion that OpenZone would require modeling skill. And thanks for the link.

Iamien
06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
We now have an IRC channel the channel is #EoC at irc.eqemulator.net . Come and Join us.

Bluerinse
06-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes. I now have a computer I can dedicate to the server. I won't have to use my main box, not even while were in dev!

Oscar
06-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Sent you a PM in regards to helping.

Trey