PDA

View Full Version : Hacker

kouhei
06-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I have a problem. It seems there is a hacker who is able give him self 200 access even though I have everyones access set to be 0 when they first start up. This user has been spawning mobs like(Nigxer,Micheal Jackon and some others which would not like to say. Someone told me he is using a hack program to do this. If so whaat is it called or if not how is he able to do this. You can send me a PM if don't want to say how to prevent others doing the same.

howdytest
06-25-2005, 03:12 PM
are you on a minilogin?

it's been awhile since i've run a server, but lemme throw some ideas out.

1) You're using a minilogin. In mysql you gave your IP access of 250, but somewhere your IP's are crossed and it's giving your entire network access of 250.

However, it doesn't sound like you're using a minilogin.

2) similar user names? i remember a .ini called accounts that was bundled with the minilogin. Might want to look at that.

3) It seems unlikely that he's using a hack program. To me it would be more likely that he has access to your db.

If i were you, i would find him and ban him.

4) Could change it so everyone has access of 1. If he does have a program, then maybe it will throw it off.

5) Check to make sure you do have everyone's access to 0. Mysql never seemed that straight forward to me, perhaps someone here can help you clear all the permissions.

Look at your output for minilogin, world, and zone exe's. There might be a hint in there at what the problem is. If it does seem like the problem is on your end, it couldn't hurt to post the ouput of the exe's.

6) change the password to your db.

7) if you use a peer to peer network (Kazaa, limewire, ect.) check what files you're sharing.

8) Also check what commands you have given to those with access of 0.

Good Luck.

Aonelyn
07-19-2005, 01:31 AM
and alot of people are using mq2 nowa days -_-

Eiloi
07-26-2005, 01:53 AM
Unless this person has programmed a custom plugin for MQ2 it doesnt actively hack the server. MQ2 out of the box keeps the hacks on the client side and doesnt access server DB. Active hacks on the DB is frowned on even in the MQ2 community.

krusher
07-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Check / Change your "zoneserver" password in the DB.
I believe the column is in the table called misc.

If not look through the tables. You will find it.

Krusher