PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu Server Pack Installer 1.0 released

cavedude
07-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Version 2.1 has been released. It features EQEmu 0.6.3-DR1 and some small changes to the database. The full installer now has the option to not place any config files (in case you already have your own) and if you already have 2.0 installed, you can just grab the much smaller upgrade file to get you current.

Full Installer Pack:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.1.exe

Upgrade only:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.1-Upgrade.exe

Raw Pack:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-2.1-NoInstaller.rar

Enjoy!

Version 2.0 (0.6.2-DR1) is here:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.0.rar

The raw version minus Linux support (for now)

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-2.0-NoInstaller.rar

Version 1.0 (0.6.0-DR3) can still be had here:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-1.0.rar

For those of you who prefer to do everything by yourself, a raw version is available as well. This edition also includes pre-compiled Linux binaries. It can be had here:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-1.0-NoInstaller.zip

If you need any help, have any questions, or suggestions, etc Our forum is found here:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum

We hope you all enjoy our software!
-The Dark Rogue Productions team

mrea
07-02-2005, 07:08 AM
Excellent! Should greatly help many people start up, introducing many more people to the server community! Thanks both of you!

cavedude
07-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Credit also goes to Solid11 and Sesmar their help was invaluable.

It's our hope that this will help new server operators get their servers up and running quicker so to draw more people into the community. The more people we have helping out, the better EQEmu will become.

sdabbs65
07-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Credit also goes to Solid11 and Sesmar their help was invaluable.

It's our hope that this will help new server operators get their servers up and running quicker so to draw more people into the community. The more people we have helping out, the better EQEmu will become.

Great work, I had it up and running in 15mins.

im guessing this runs off the may patch ?
you know people are going to ask what version it's compatable with <G>.

cavedude
07-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Yes they already have asked. ;) Unfortunately, it uses the client from last year. We're working hard on 0.6.1 thohgh to get it a bit more modern.

rojadruid
07-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Does the installer use your DB Cavedude or the PEQ Database? Just curious before I give it a try.

cavedude
07-08-2005, 12:21 PM
It uses mine, but of course you can use PEQ seperately if you wish.

sdabbs65
07-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Yes they already have asked. ;) Unfortunately, it uses the client from last year. We're working hard on 0.6.1 thohgh to get it a bit more modern.

6.1 hmmm...I heard it was still quite messy I would like to upgrade 2 it but I will wait till im sure it's not more of a pain than 6.0. on a sidenote it does have a few good things like guards working and the archery fix...
but I can add those in I suppose anytime i want now that I learned how to complie correctly.
Well Im knee deep in another project so I will check it out next week sometime.

cavedude
07-10-2005, 09:15 AM
That's why this release using 0.6.0. It's a lot more stable and functional

sdabbs65
07-28-2005, 05:45 AM
That's why this release using 0.6.0. It's a lot more stable and functional

what about 6.2 is it any better ?
I have not tested it but it would make sense that it is improved.

SuedeWorthey
08-01-2005, 05:03 AM
To my understanding, 0.6.2 DR0 is compatible with the current 'live' client, but I am sure since it is just DR0 that it is not very functional. Give the devs time, and they will make it as good as 0.6.0 DR3 if not better. :)

sdabbs65
08-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I downloaded your http://eqemu.sesmar.net/EQEmuSP-1.0-NoInstaller.zip

and gave it a test drive and this is what I found.

The fix guild patch ... is it in there ?not able to find it..

command.cpp has one error MAX_Logging or something.
this may be my fault I MODIFIED features.h to enable fear pathing.
but I don't think it affected logging <shrug>.

I treid useing your DB and it works great items are all good.
I used my DB from 0-6.1-dr2 and all the NPC's are nakid.

the guild fix binarys work great.
will post more when I get time to play with it some more.

kawika
08-04-2005, 02:43 AM
all the NPC's are nakid.Ah hell, just throw an Adult rating or XXX rating on your server and let all the perverts of the world enjoy themselves for a few minutes! http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

sdabbs65
08-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Ah hell, just throw an Adult rating or XXX rating on your server and let all the perverts of the world enjoy themselves for a few minutes! http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

I thought about that,
but it made all my cross-dressers mad.

Zisct1
08-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok i have everything set up and when i click world.exe everything is good till' the very bottom of it where it says ..Error: LoginServer::Connect: 'TCPConnection::Connect<>: connect<> failed. Error: 10061? Is there anything i can do i dont know whats wrong with my Loginserver, thanks for everything and anything you can help with.

SuedeWorthey
08-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Ok i have everything set up and when i click world.exe everything is good till' the very bottom of it where it says ..Error: LoginServer::Connect: 'TCPConnection::Connect<>: connect<> failed. Error: 10061? Is there anything i can do i dont know whats wrong with my Loginserver, thanks for everything and anything you can help with.
Are you using Minilogin?

cohaagen
08-14-2005, 08:43 AM
ok so i DLed cavedudes file EQEmuServerPack, it all installed fine, got MySQL, everything seems fine. Except I need to know how to login! when i load up my eqgame.exe and try connect It tells me eqhost.txt isnt working properly. Need to kno how/where to login to my server and what username/password i will need(i created some for mysql and all that stuff, just need to know what goes where)

I just installed my EQ Evolution and did NOT Download any patches from live servers, pls tell me if i need to
also, pls give me the ENTIRE stupid text for eqhost.txt for this server im tryin to make
if anyone can help i will give it another shot

cavedude
08-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey all,

Sorry for my disappearance. A new job, car, condo, and LOTS of business related travel all contributed. I haven't given up on or forgotten the project. In fact I am itching to get back into it full swing. I *should* be off and will be home tomorrow so I'm going to use that time to play catch up and also get myself organized again. Look for good things soon.

solid11
08-21-2005, 07:02 AM
WB Cave =P

Belfedia
08-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah that's a good news :)
I hope a Live compatible pack for soon ? :)
I think many newbs on emulation like that :)

cavedude
08-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Live compatible is my goal. Working on older stuff is counter productive no matter how good the core is, this project is about moving forward.

ubatch
09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Is there an updated link for this thread? Im mainly looking for the no-installer file because I got some crap virus or something that doesnt allow my cmd.com to work, therefor the installer doesnt work for me...I just need the files outright so I can do it myself :) Thanks.

cavedude
09-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Sorry about that I changed the folder the files were in. Both links should work now although something tells me the manual install is a bit behind the automatic installer. It should still work though. I'm close to releasing the 0.6.2 version so all of my attention has been on that.

ubatch
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
You're the man! :)

jillmatik
09-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Is your 0.6.2 release going to include zoneperl for hot questage?

cavedude
09-29-2005, 04:50 AM
You know it will. And, at this point working guards as well ;)

jillmatik
09-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Awesome !!! I've just given up most of my custom DB work until I have a good foundation to start on then.

GeorgeS
09-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Good job Cavedude!

I and many others are anxiously awaiting the update

GeorgeS

Belfedia
09-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Yes make EXE for windows is more hard thant linux !!!
Good job cavedude :) We need the wonderfull work of devs but without your work (and some others) many people never use the emulator :)

cavedude
10-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Just released the 0.6.2 pack. Check out the top for the link.

ubatch
10-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Just putting in my request for the raw version :) Again, stupid computer is infected w/ a virus that wont let me run cmd, I have to run command.com for some reason...So, the raw files are good for me...and right now im too lazy and dont want to have to re-load everything from a fresh reformat...If there's not enough requests, ill do it lol...but until then! I'll be patient and see where it goes....

Thanks so much for the 6.2 installer though, awsome! :)

Koshoji
10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks Cavedude and company!

Looking foreward to giving this a whirl.

cavedude
10-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Have you tried this?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

It happens to me all the time. This always fixes me right up. If not, there is never a need to format after a virus or spyware. All of them can be removed, trust me I've fought some monsters in my day. Worst case is Windows suffered so much damage that you have to do a reapir/upgrade.

jillmatik
10-03-2005, 07:26 AM
YES!! Can't wait to give it a whirl tonight. Thank you again!

ubatch
10-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Have you tried this?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

It happens to me all the time. This always fixes me right up. If not, there is never a need to format after a virus or spyware. All of them can be removed, trust me I've fought some monsters in my day. Worst case is Windows suffered so much damage that you have to do a reapir/upgrade.

Does Windows repair fix crap like this? As in run the CD from bootup and what not to repair right? -- Also, what spyware programs do you use? I tried to use one once, and it fubared my computer up because it stopped some files that were assets to running the computer rofl...stupid thing. Any free ones you recommend? I'd appreciate it :) My computer is so messed up...Had no antivirus for the longest time, loaded it up and boy was I in for a suprise...

jillmatik
10-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Does Windows repair fix crap like this? As in run the CD from bootup and what not to repair right? -- Also, what spyware programs do you use? I tried to use one once, and it fubared my computer up because it stopped some files that were assets to running the computer rofl...stupid thing. Any free ones you recommend? I'd appreciate it :) My computer is so messed up...Had no antivirus for the longest time, loaded it up and boy was I in for a suprise...

This should really go in another thread, if not other forums. Regardless, I wouldn't try hosting an EQEmu server on a known problematic box. Back up what you can and start fresh... that's my advice. Of course I re-image my computer monthly so take it for what it's worth. :sad:

ubatch
10-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Delete the posts Admins! =P

vRandom
10-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Execlanta! cavedude (yes i made that word up)

Works like a champ, only a few interesing zone points... No "real" problems ;)

/em cheers for cavedude

vRandom

cavedude
10-04-2005, 12:05 AM
If you can, keep track of where the bogus zone points are and post them on our forums. I'll fix them up. http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/

vRandom
10-04-2005, 07:39 AM
If you can, keep track of where the bogus zone points are and post them on our forums. I'll fix them up. http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/

ok, i'll try to do that... you want loc or just the zones...

Just a quicky....
Shadowhaven to Paludal Caverns you end up out in the water. East commons to west commons you end up in west freeport. (though could be a db error on my end /shrug )

It will be weekend before i get to mess with it anymore, but those are two that i can remember atm :)

vRandom

Sakrateri
10-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey Cave , anyway I can get just the database from you for the 6.2?
when using your installer it just makes an empty database?

Thanks , Sak

Dr Zauis
10-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Cave , anyway I can get just the database from you for the 6.2?
when using your installer it just makes an empty database?

Thanks , Sak

Gee..If it could be possible..(Comment to Cavedude)Could it be a complete zipped folder or something??(no sourcing involved) I dont know what Im doing wrong but it seems tha with your last database release I try to source and I keep getting some sort of pathing(spawn IDs maybe?) IDs errors..Seems everything before luclin expansion is affected. I have NPCs walking in skeletons place. Three Fippy_Darkpaws..ect....

cavedude
10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Alright when I get home, I'll release the raw pack. I'm just not going to do the Linux support for now. That'll come in time when I get some of the higher priorities out of the way.

Sakrateri
10-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Ok thanks alot !

cavedude
10-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Added the raw installer

ubatch
Added the raw installer

You do so much for us...:) We thank you Cavedude!

jillmatik
Been running this for a few days and quests are working great. Thanks to all involved in putting this together!

johane
I'm wondering if you could fix your installer so that it doesn't destroy any existing config files, either by (1) backing up any existing ones , or (2) using the existing ones as a basis (or templates) for your configurator to work from?

Just an idea, that's all - I think your packs are pretty cool, but I think this change would make them much more friendly...

cavedude
At this point the installer is not meant to be used to upgrade. As we make changes to the binaires, db, and quests I'll release smaller upgrade packs (and update the full installer with any changes) Those upgrade packs will only replace files changed by us, keeping your config files intact.

I fiddled with the idea of having 2.0 support an upgrade from 1.0, but really due to all the db changes made between 0.6.0 and 0.6.2 it really wasn't practical.

johane
At this point the installer is not meant to be used to upgrade. As we make changes to the binaires, db, and quests I'll release smaller upgrade packs (and update the full installer with any changes) Those upgrade packs will only replace files changed by us, keeping your config files intact.

I fiddled with the idea of having 2.0 support an upgrade from 1.0, but really due to all the db changes made between 0.6.0 and 0.6.2 it really wasn't practical.

I can appreciate that, but I do think it should back-up any config files it finds anyway. But that's just my opinion. FYI I used to work in software QA, mainly because I'm a pedantic annoying bastard - I'm really _good_ at pointing out trivial things to annoy programmers.

Dr Zauis
10-10-2005, 06:45 AM
Gee..If it could be possible..(Comment to Cavedude)Could it be a complete zipped folder or something??(no sourcing involved) I dont know what Im doing wrong but it seems tha with your last database release I try to source and I keep getting some sort of pathing(spawn IDs maybe?) IDs errors..Seems everything before luclin expansion is affected. I have NPCs walking in skeletons place. Three Fippy_Darkpaws..ect....

OK..I used the installer and it sourced the DB for me..Hmm??? I guess I did it right then the last time cause Im having the same issues with 3 Fippy_Darkpaws...NPCs walking in wrong grids..ect..So Im assuming for now this is the way the DB was "meant to be".

So that leads me to this question...Is there a way to use RC-1 and source in the luclin spawns from Cavedude DB??? Maybe just 1 zone at a time??
If not...Wow I saw the quest editing program in the server files...Seems like its created with Delphi..Seems like its communicating with MY DB! If so and I could get the source files for this prog I could write a program to do just what I want.

Also...WOW..In the server files there was only zone and no zoneperl so I booted 5 zones and the zone provided loaded quests! It works like a charm!

How can I compile a zone like that from the source files?? Where it will load quests I mean.. I tried compile zone but no quests..

Thanks..

EDIT>>OK..So now I know how to use sql queries to create the DB I want..
Dont need to make a prog for that LOL..

cavedude
11-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Here are the 0.6.3 binaires and source that will be found in the next version of the installer. No ETA on the official release yet as I also want to write a smaller update only installer.

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/0.6.3-DR1.rar

stefann
11-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Cavedude, how are you making the installer, InstallSheild or NSIS, or what??? I think it'd be easier to make a combo upgrade/installer if you use NSIS.

cavedude
11-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm using ISS.

A combo upgrade isn't the way to go in this case. Not because of the software, but due to the difficulty of upgrading the database so as to incorperate all the changes made while preserving the user's personal data. Plus, a combo would be a big waste of bandwidth. Why make people download a 15MB file to upgrade when all they need is a 1MB?

Basically, everytime a release is made the main installer will updated, and a much smaller upgrade pack will be released that would upgrade from 2.0+ up to whatever the current version is.

gottasummer
01-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Will save me an hour or two, thanks.

Might make me switch my server to windows, linux build isn't working properly, well, mostly my fault hehe, mysql keeps going away, urg it is happening to me still but I will try some more.

Am loading database then going to try it out.

Thanks. Saves me about 5 hours ;)

MarCrush
02-26-2006, 06:00 AM
I noticed something wrong with your batch while you automacilly sourcing in your DB. You need to put a -p in the command (prompts for password) in the mysql command in your batch file otherwise it fails to source the database when root has a wrong password (i.e. blank password when a password exists). People that don't have a password for the root user just press enter.

Visual Example of what I am talking about:

You current have the batch file without the -p parameter.

@echo off
echo Please wait several minutes while your database is sourced...
mysql -u root < db.txt

You need to add the -p to the command so users can type in their passwords (most people set passwords to the root account because of security reasons).

@echo off
echo Please wait several minutes while your database is sourced...
mysql -u root -p < db.txt

Adding the -p parameter will being something like this:

Please wait several minutes while your database is sourced...
Enter Password:

After the user enters the password it will then be source into the database.

This is one problem I found in your Server Pack setup and can be easily fixed.

cavedude
02-26-2006, 08:29 AM
It's not really a problem it's intentional. Most of the people who use the Installer don't have root passwords setup because they don't have a good enough working knowledge of MySQL to do so (if they did they wouldn't need the installer, now would they?) My belief was and still is having an extra password prompt could lead to noobs becoming confused and the whole point of the installer is to avoid that.

More advanced users who setup a root password or who would just like to do everything themselves may download the raw pack, same software just no installer.

MarCrush
02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Yeah, a lot of people don't even know how to use a computer really good. I just pointed that out because I'm too lazy (not really). I'm probably going to redo my server raw anyway. You could also make the echo text say:

Please enter your password and then wait several minutes while your database is sourced.
If you don't have a root password or don't know what it is just press enter.
Enter Password:

Pre-typed batch code:

@echo off
echo Please enter your password and then wait several minutes while your database is sourced.
echo If you don't have a root password or don't know what it is just press enter.
mysql -u root -p < db.txt

The database deletes it self when you click Finish on the setup dialog, you should put a checkbox saying "Delete database files" and have it checked by default.

Just some tips and advice you can do to improve your server pack. You should also post your DB standalone somewhere on these boards also :) .

Dav3id
03-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Version 2.1 has been released. It features EQEmu 0.6.3-DR1 and some small changes to the database. The full installer now has the option to not place any config files (in case you already have your own) and if you already have 2.0 installed, you can just grab the much smaller upgrade file to get you current.

Full Installer Pack:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.1.exe

Upgrade only:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.1-Upgrade.exe

Raw Pack:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-2.1-NoInstaller.rar

Enjoy!

Version 2.0 (0.6.2-DR1) is here:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.0.rar

The raw version minus Linux support (for now)

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-2.0-NoInstaller.rar

Version 1.0 (0.6.0-DR3) can still be had here:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-1.0.rar

For those of you who prefer to do everything by yourself, a raw version is available as well. This edition also includes pre-compiled Linux binaries. It can be had here:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-1.0-NoInstaller.zip

If you need any help, have any questions, or suggestions, etc Our forum is found here:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum

We hope you all enjoy our software!
-The Dark Rogue Productions team

YEs hi i dont know how to set up the mysql... and Perl i can find all the stuff for them i was wondering if some one could Put a download link that has them set up or a link to a guide for both of them that is up to date plz

cavedude
04-13-2006, 11:33 AM
A new version of the Server Pack has been released. I can't seem to edit the original post here so go here for more info:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/index.php?topic=120.0

Dr Zauis
04-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Sweet! I hope I can use it! I hope its as stable as the last ones!!!
You guys rule man!