PDA

View Full Version : Working on more accurate zones.

hayward6
07-25-2005, 03:21 PM
I have been going through different databases and I have one running now that I am happy with. I'm using the database from Cavedudes install program which is basicly PEQ and some edits. Well I am starting the long path of tweaking the database even further. I have a list of every single zone for Antonica, Odus, Faydwer, Kunark and Velious to get me started. With my long time experiance with live EQ I am planning on going through each and every zone on every continent and fine tune this database. I can basicly see that this is going to be a huge task. But some of the main things I want are the things that I notice right off when loading into certain zones... Like in Befallen a few of the mobs are missing that really make the zone. I will probably start there and just keep going. So far I have made some changes to a few Dungeons where they mobs have been given the wrong spell sets or class information.

What I would really like to see is for example.
1. Tserrina Syl`Tor is surposed to be on the 7th floor in Tower of Frozen Shadow and she is spawned by killing the bats in the individual rooms. I have done some checking and I cant find her at all. I would like to add her to the spawn cycle of those bats if possible or if thats too hard, maybe I could have her spawn in the hallway and give her a set spawn time.

2. I also havent found any referance to Gynok Moltor in Befallen, does anyone know if he was added and I just missed him ? He should be on a rare spawn and roam a better part of the zone.

3. I would also like to see more of the epic encounters added to the zones. Like Talendor the level 60 Dragon in Skyfire Mountains. He could be on a 24 hour spawn and have a loot table setup just like Vox and others have.

These are just a few things I will be working on and so far I have had fun doing this work. I also enjoy the experiance with SQL that I have not had untill this adventure :) If anyone could offer advice or thoughts on the matter please do. I am on Aim while at work and brainstorming "doug1372" and I would very much like to offer the results of this database up for the public when Im done. Alot of these elements are what help bring life to the world.

MysticDeath
07-25-2005, 03:30 PM
coolio, this sounds like a big project O.o, good luck on it, and keep us posted i guess :D

rojadruid
07-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I would love to get a copy of this database when it is finished. I am having trouble deciding upon which one to use, right now I am am swapping between using cavedudes DB and PEQ DB depending on my mood the day I want to play. Not knowing anything about programing or SQL I am fearful of editing the database, tried it once and had to resource the DB after tring to remove Sharded bank from the game.

fathernitwit
07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
if your going to do all this work, make sure you keep track of your queries and write them in a way that can be re-applied by others so other people can benefit from your changes. If you just release a modified version of another database, then your changes will go to waste whenever newer major databases are released.