PDA

View Full Version : useless tutos after many tries ... maybe i am a noob ( lol )...

mdg
08-05-2005, 05:56 AM
hi,

after many tries, i give up, its impossible to me to play on lan or wan at any of eq games ............. ur tutos are totally useless, because u dont say exactly from a to z the process to achieve a WORKING SERVER WITH A WORKING CLIENT ... yes, its war3z, maybe, so, made a private guide or something usefull for us ... i have a w0w server, its easy to setup, i guess, i have a L2 server, easy to, but WTF is the problem w/ ur eqemu ? patch, uncompatible version blah blah ... sorry, but, its what i feel about eqemu ... it is for ur private pleasure, ok, but say it ....................

yes, i am a fuck*** blah blah ... i am naab blah blah ... but i say loud the thoughts of many ppl here ... i guess ...

C ya

jimik
08-05-2005, 07:07 AM
hi,

after many tries, i give up, its impossible to me to play on lan or wan at any of eq games ............. ur tutos are totally useless, because u dont say exactly from a to z the process to achieve a WORKING SERVER WITH A WORKING CLIENT ...

It is funny that many other people have been able to set up their servers using these tutorials. Perhaps then it is you that is "totally useless" perhaps if you were to actually "TRY" you would be able to figure it out.. Quite honestly I am glad you gave up so soon. Running a server takes a lot of devotion, something you lack.

Traul
08-05-2005, 07:59 AM
I don't think it's the emulator that's lacking something, I think it's something in your head. I hardly knew anything about computers before I came here, and I think it would be right to say I've picked up a lot. The tutorials are amazing, I've never had problems with any of them.

i have a w0w server

More proof of retardation? Not to mention you couldn't even post this in the right forum.

kawika
08-05-2005, 08:36 AM
i have a w0w serverI'm guessing you're using WDDG's release for the W*W server? If you expect setting up an EQEmu server to be that easy, you're in the wrong spot. The W*W server (if you're using WDDG's release) is almost not configurable at all. The devs here bust their asses to keep this emu live compatible, working only in their spare time. Seeing posts like yours are not helpful at all. If you don't support the work they're doing, please leave and never return.

As a side note, I've followed all of the most recent tutorials just to see if they would work and each and every one of them worked like a champ! Look at this post (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18707) and the 158 responses it's gotten! Most of the replies on there are people thanking iwantavr4 for his tutorial because of how easy it was to follow and how quick they got their server up.

Think before you speak. Use the resources put here by the devs, mods, and the rest of the community. Ask for help, don't bash the work that is being done here because of your lack of knowledge or ability.

EDIT: If all else fails and you're just too lazy to follow the tutorial above, download Cavedude's installer and follow his directions. That's as easy as it will get! Find it here (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18934). BTW, Props to Cavedude and all others who worked on this installer. I meant no disrespect by throwin it in this rant as an easy way out.

mdg
08-05-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't think it's the emulator that's lacking something, I think it's something in your head. I hardly knew anything about computers before I came here, and I think it would be right to say I've picked up a lot. The tutorials are amazing, I've never had problems with any of them.

More proof of retardation? Not to mention you couldn't even post this in the right forum.

really lol ... i remember the past, when i start to code on a commodore vic 20 ... yes, i knew nothing on cpu lol ...

mdg
08-05-2005, 10:41 PM
It is funny that many other people have been able to set up their servers using these tutorials. Perhaps then it is you that is "totally useless" perhaps if you were to actually "TRY" you would be able to figure it out.. Quite honestly I am glad you gave up so soon. Running a server takes a lot of devotion, something you lack.

devotion, maybe, information and sharing, SURE ! always the same problem, the SERVER is not the problem ... CLIENT is ...............

mdg
08-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm guessing you're using WDDG's release for the W*W server? If you expect setting up an EQEmu server to be that easy, you're in the wrong spot. The W*W server (if you're using WDDG's release) is almost not configurable at all. The devs here bust their asses to keep this emu live compatible, working only in their spare time. Seeing posts like yours are not helpful at all. If you don't support the work they're doing, please leave and never return.

As a side note, I've followed all of the most recent tutorials just to see if they would work and each and every one of them worked like a champ! Look at this post (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18707) and the 158 responses it's gotten! Most of the replies on there are people thanking iwantavr4 for his tutorial because of how easy it was to follow and how quick they got their server up.

Think before you speak. Use the resources put here by the devs, mods, and the rest of the community. Ask for help, don't bash the work that is being done here because of your lack of knowledge or ability.

EDIT: If all else fails and you're just too lazy to follow the tutorial above, download Cavedude's installer and follow his directions. That's as easy as it will get! Find it here (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18934). BTW, Props to Cavedude and all others who worked on this installer. I meant no disrespect by throwin it in this rant as an easy way out.

u guess wrong, i am using a modification of wddg+bs+kdb+my own spawning ...

wddg server packs are bs ! and totally bugged ....... i prefer getting the emu and built my own pack ;-)

the server is not the problem ... i repeat ...

RangerDown
08-06-2005, 07:48 AM
If the server is not the problem, then there is no more to be said. The tutorials themselves are fine. What they tell you is accurate, albeit not what you want to hear -- that is, if you don't have a correct client version, then you can't play. We are forbidden from helping in that area.

As I said before, if by your own admission the server isn't the problem, then there's nothing more to say. I make a motion that this thread be locked.

mdg
08-06-2005, 11:29 AM
If the server is not the problem, then there is no more to be said. The tutorials themselves are fine. What they tell you is accurate, albeit not what you want to hear -- that is, if you don't have a correct client version, then you can't play. We are forbidden from helping in that area.

As I said before, if by your own admission the server isn't the problem, then there's nothing more to say. I make a motion that this thread be locked.

yes LOCK IT ... it is USELESS :-)

Malignus Wingnut
09-04-2005, 03:24 PM
The very first time I tried to follow extremely outdated guides on how to set up a server roughly 2 years ago, It took me about 18 hours of no sleep, and I finally figured out what to do. The point is the people here are not paid, and the guides they create are through a labor of love, they are under no obligation to explain to everyone separately how to set up a server.

In relation to your topic, my server setup guide will be released within a day or so. When followed word for word, it will have your server set up within an hour and a half probably.

sdabbs65
09-08-2005, 05:07 AM
The very first time I tried to follow extremely outdated guides on how to set up a server roughly 2 years ago, It took me about 18 hours of no sleep, and I finally figured out what to do. The point is the people here are not paid, and the guides they create are through a labor of love, they are under no obligation to explain to everyone separately how to set up a server.

In relation to your topic, my server setup guide will be released within a day or so. When followed word for word, it will have your server set up within an hour and a half probably.

I got you beat.... 23 hours no sleep restoreing phones services from Hurricane Katrina.

Let's all sleep on it....

Cisyouc
09-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Whats a tuto?

Oh. And side note, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum, but I don't think it really needs to be locked yet.