PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE is back (Custom - legit - pvp)

Magoth78
08-13-2005, 05:23 AM
hello there,

for thoses who liked EMPIRE in the past, i've decided to launch it again, hope'ing it will get stable enough.
The version is 0.6.0dr3.

If you haven't used to play on EMPIRE, here is the old post: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15996&highlight=empire

Enjoy,
Mag

EDIT: No more need of Cshome to play

Woodlife Treestrider
08-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Not many people have that map, and you can't ask for files like those on Emulator... Too bad you have to have that map, I used to enjoy that server.

Magoth78
08-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Like the old server, it's needed to start your char in the good side, nothing changed really.

Hummbugg
08-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I used to play the server back in the day... All i ask Magoth... Fix connection status, make sure zones stay up =(, and make it not able to loot people's corpses after you kill them people will be 50 killing lvl 10's and striping them ect... ( btw gratz on getting spare time now )

Systemz
08-13-2005, 12:57 PM
repop the newbie zones :(

Woodlife Treestrider
08-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Heh. I remember trying to finish epic 2.0 and couldn't get raid force into the highend zone (forget name, was one with the dragons and the raptors in it) because it would crash and everyone would LD. But, other than that, was probably the most well put together server I had ever played. I loved that server, great quests, great pvp, a lot of fun all around. Glad to see it back up.

Hummbugg
08-13-2005, 06:10 PM
put it on 6.0dr2 instead of the dr3 dr3 has those unknown mobs in zone... and try to keep zones up =)

Silenteer
08-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah dude, GJ on getting EMPIRE back up, its fun, theres just a few minor things that need sorted out tho, actually, some not quite so minor, hehe.

Ive prepared a list of things for ya Mag :P
Ive sorted them in order, urgent fixes to not so urgent ones

URGENT
- Fix Welcomers so Selling of starting items cannot be exploited
- Change server to DR2 instead of DR3, whoever released DR3 is a newb because its buggy as hell.
- Keep the zones up longer than 10 mins :P
- The Safe Zoner in CSHOME does not work.

NOT SO URGENT
- Some mobs in CSHOME are underground and stuff.
- The Trolls in CSHOME that move around, all stack on eachother and cause lagg.
- Make an IRC Channel, and hang out it it.
- Hire some trustworthy GMs.

Also, its probably a good idea if you change the Goods starting zone to Erudin :) CSHOME is not supported by EverQuest Live or whatever and they dont distribute it, so its hard for people to get.

Keep up the good work Mag, gl, try get some of those probs sorted ASAP, especially the DR3 to DR2 thing :)

Yours, Warsaint.

Magoth78
08-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi guys and thx for the infos,

Yep dr3 seems to be a lot buggy with all thoses randoms crashes... i'll try to get a dr2 working.
As for the urgent fix, i'll try to fix them asap (today in the evening).

Mag

Silenteer
08-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey dude u may wanna add in #movechar for a bit, until zones get stable this is rediculous, im stuck in rivervale again because the zone is down, not happy haha

Magoth78
08-14-2005, 03:49 AM
I've locked the server till I find a way to get it more stable... cause it's unplayable with thoses dr3 binaries.

Hummbugg
08-14-2005, 03:53 AM
I've locked the server till I find a way to get it more stable... cause it's unplayable with thoses dr3 binaries.
take out #goto also.... and there is people that want to host the server (better connection) just ask about

and when Warsaint says to hire trustworthy gm's he doesnt mean like Rowdy...

Magoth78
08-14-2005, 03:56 AM
The connection is fine... the problem is : the binaries.

Hummbugg
08-14-2005, 03:59 AM
go download mirc Magoth www.mirc.com its free =)

Smugg-

Silenteer
08-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Magoth, can i please request a '#movechar Macrest rivervale' asap, im stuck in one of the karanas that isnt even a spawned zone.. please :)

sdabbs65
08-15-2005, 12:30 AM
FYI:
Your old thread says you have a website but it no longer works...

http://cucus.no-ip.com/nuke/html/index.php.

maybe you changed it ?

Magoth78
08-17-2005, 04:39 AM
Working on a new one.
I'm also working on a new zone.

Mag

Woodlife Treestrider
08-17-2005, 04:41 PM
- Change server to DR2 instead of DR3, whoever released DR3 is a newb because its buggy as hell.

Are you fucking kidding me? You try to setup a database compatible with live while still trying to figure out the coding and all the other shit. You are the biggest newb I have ever seen if your gonna call the people who have been working there ass off to let fagets like you play cause your too stupid to realize that patching to live was a dumb mistake.

I really could go on for a long time about how much a newb reject you are, but I don't want to get into that. Just watch what you say in the forums, cause what you said was quite possibly the most retarted, selfish, rediculus, and just plain disrespectful thing I have ever read. Learn about EQEmu before you begin to critisize and call people newbs, cause you obviously have no clue.

mwmdragon
08-18-2005, 07:22 AM
WOW, Woodlife do you need a cold compress for that vein on your forhead that looks like a fifth limb right now.

:D

Woodlife Treestrider
08-18-2005, 11:32 AM
WOW, Woodlife do you need a cold compress for that vein on your forhead that looks like a fifth limb right now.

:D

Hahaha. Yes, quite possibly. Sorry, I have very little patience for people that ignorant and blantaly mean.

Edit: Mag, most major problem with server I have found so far is the cap is 50. I personally think cap should be 51 so that AAs can be earned. It gives some of the people at the current cap something to do when PvP does not sound so interesting. Besides.. whats better than having WA3 while duel wielding bloodpoints? Nothing. :)

Magoth78
08-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Yep Wood, I ll change the level cap pretty soon.

But as you say, some AAs give a real advantage to people (dual wielding Bloodpoints was evil :p ) though i can change the proc of the bloodpoint..

As for the PvP, I really need to do something to improve it. If you guys have some ideas (that are technically doables) please share them.

So with the few spare time I got, here's my work list:
1/ Lvl cap to 51
2/ Make some changes on the spells so casters are a bit more powerfull. (too bad I don't have the spells_us.txt I had on EMPIRE1)
3/ Improve the PvP
4/ New zone (or probably open the Act3 but I'll need some time to prepare it)

Mag

Woodlife Treestrider
08-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Mag: The stuff you have on your list of things to do is basically majority of stuff needed. I have a question though; are the epic 2.0s from last time still on this server? If so, will the zone that you have to collect raptor meat from be more stable. I remember it being hard to fit a decent size group/raid into that zone without everyone LD'ing. Also, changing the proc on BPs from a lifetap is a good and bad idea. When I used then before with WA3 on your server, they procced like crazy, but only when doing PvE. They did not nearly proc as often as in PvP cause of resists. Point being that I do not think having BP proc with the WA AA puts rogues or warriors over the line of fairness too much in PvP, but to make it more even you should maybe lower the lifetap value to lower than before, or make gear from SolB have a little more resists to compensate.

With all that being said, there is only one more issue. Adding zones and stuff seems like a double-edged sword. Of course everyone wants to explore more and wants to be first with the new uber gear. But, I think that may ruin the feel of the server, and would make it into a gear race. I think the fact that the highend gear of your server compares to EQLives mid to low end gear makes it so good. I think you did an excellent job of balancing for the most part with just a few crucial points to fix, all because the items in the server don't give massive stat boosts. But anyway, maybe releasing a new act with very few upgrades.. and these upgrades are dropped solely from raid mobs not easily taken with one group. That would make server even more interesting. Also, stick with old world zones, you made a good choice in doing so before. :)

Also, it may be smart to change looting policies so either only one item can be looted.. or even better would be only money. People PKing each other and stripping your corpse clean just to spite you is getting out of hand and is extremely unfair to those people who have been stripped.

Stab

Magoth78
08-18-2005, 10:35 PM
ah yes, I've noticed that after the last server reboot the PvPreward variable was set to 2. I'm going to change it right now so you can just loot 1 item.

I was thinking about adding a pvpitem when you kill someone. After a certain amount of pvpitem you could start a quest or puchase some items. But the problem is that people could farm the pvpitems just with 2 chars killing each others. And actually I don't know how to make someone loosing some experience while being killed by an other PC.

Woodlife Treestrider
08-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Aye, people farming it with another character could be a problem with that. Could try to put a level limit on gaining the pvprewards. This would slow it down just a little bit, because some lazy people would rather just PvP like regular then level up another character.

Aonelyn
08-20-2005, 05:36 AM
compile a gw source..and make it guild pvp..with your lootdrop stuff..that would be nice

Magoth78
08-20-2005, 07:17 AM
If I can compile the 0.6.0dr2 + GW , why not then...
I'll give it a try.
----
EDITED: I can't find any others GW sources that the sourceforge's ones wich gives me a ton of compile errors :(

Woodlife Treestrider
08-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I think they way you have it now is best Mag. GW with your server doesn't work, because in your server there is more to the server than just taking over cities and stuff. You have a lot have stuff to do besides PvP, which makes it fun.

Magoth78
08-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Sure thing but adding the GW sources could permit me to add some new features. Actually, the PvP needs a bit more love than just looting one item (even it's an epic's one :p).
For the moment, I'm looking for a way to add some PvP stats. It should not be that hard to add, like adding a DB entrie each time a PC kill a PC.
Second, why I wanted to add the GW sources was for the level and guild check when it comes to PvP.

Finally, here are some infos about Act3, so the rumors won't live...
-- The level cap will be changed to 51 so people will can farm AAs.

-- 3 new PvP-instance zones added. Each zone will be under the control of a faction, Shortie, Evil or Goodies. Thoses zones will be 'dungeon' type and will work like a PvP instance in Wow. You will need to get a good stuff (you will probably need all the Secret Temple's lewtz) as the Npcs will be hard enough.
How they will work: First, you will need to get at least 1 lvl50-51 full group of the same faction. You will have to meet near a PvP-npc in each Faction start zone (crushbone, cshome, rivervale). Once you've hailed the npc, he will randomly send you to one of the two different faction zone. This zone will can be defended by this own team. I mean if Evils zone into the Goodies's zone, all the Goodies will can go defend the npcs in the zone. Finally, once you're in the zone, you will see what you will have to do :p

-- 1 new PvE-bonus zone added. This zone, dungeon type, will only be accessible if you have made your job in the 2 different faction zone. If this is the case, you will gain a key (per player). The key is no-rent, don't ask why you will see when A3 will be up. Loots wise, there won't be any very uber items, just a lot of """very""" specific's ones :P

Don't ask for an ETA because I got a lot of things to do RL, but I'm working on the server even if I'm not online.

Have fun,
Mag
ps: Btw, the website is up: http://www.empire.dafun.com

Magoth78
08-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Server down for maintenance.
No ETA.

Mag

Magoth78
08-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Today's updates:

-- Movechar available on the website. (see signature)
-- Fixed a lot of items stuffs.
-- Changed the Goodie's start zone. It's no more Cshome but Halas.
-- Druids have now access to the 'caster' buffs from the buffers.

Mag

Magoth78
09-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Mega changes on the server:

-- The three race's teams are now hardcoded. Means you can't attack member of your own team and you can't buff/heal members of the others teams.
-- PvP level cap. I had a lot of reports about lvl50 peeps killing the lowbies. So I've decided to had a level limit and it is set to 10, means a 50 can kill a 40 minimum and a lvl30 can be attacked by a lvl20 to 40.
-- Plvling, hardcoded. It goes with the PvP. You can only be healed/buffed by a player who are in the 10levels range rules.
-- Goodie start zone is now Halas. Not Cshome anymore..
-- Perma race's changes are only permitted to make all the teams have the same player's number.
-- All the classes have been seriously reworked for the PvP Game balance.
-- I've posted the rules of the server in the forum of the EMPIRE's website. Anyone who will not respect them will be immediatly sanctionned.

Have fun,
Mag

Chronotekazn
09-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Care to explain how exactly we join ur server? :D i read ur uhm.. forum thingies n didnt really get how i join up :D

Magoth78
09-05-2005, 08:11 PM
- the server's version is 0.6.0dr2. You, then, need to have ur client's version compatible with my server. If you don't have one, then I can't help you, sorry.