PDA

View Full Version : EQ Book Program

Zio
05-23-2002, 08:22 AM
Oy! I'm back :p

I'm working on an EQ Book Program, so its easier to make the text files. If anyones been doing research on them, if its possible you could look up or if you know shortnames of books and what books use what sort of text. Thanks, would be greatly appreciated. As for me, back into research for that stuff too...

I looked at the page they made but I scimmed it so I might've missed something, but i'm mostly using this forum to compile a list on how to use the text, (how to have text insert to work) and short names for books.

I'll start off with one that has been mentioned

Short Name | Long Name
discord | Tome of Order and Discord

Lurker_005
05-23-2002, 09:21 AM
http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1748 has the most info about books.

The shortname is in the item blob. If reading the blob in hex format, the shortname starts at the AF hex offset (the 175th character) and ends with the next null character. If reading the text SQL files, ignore the characters when counting (unless it is then count as a single character)

As far as formating the book text. If it is all a single line of text, the book formats fine (word wrap works automatically). But if you try to add formatting you have to format every single line (word wrap is broken) ` and
I think created line feeds but messed up the dispaly...