PDA

View Full Version : Live Is Coming

fathernitwit
08-20-2005, 04:40 AM
Hey guys,

Live is coming... we are going to beta live compatibility on PEQ this weekend, and we plan to put out a relase once we are sure its working relatively well..

Both Doodman and I have been tired of chasing live for a long time... so chances are that we will NOT continue to chase live any time soon. We have about 1 month until DoD hits, thats when we expect the next patch. Basically.. patch up cause were gunna be on this patch date for a long time. Word has it that sony has some major changes as far as structure scrambling in the works, and if that hits, its going to double the effort required to catch up... If you have a working patch for 6.1 right now, you prolly wanna save it just in case we dont make it.

List of known issues:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Issues062

computervirus04
08-20-2005, 08:03 AM
good thing i found eqemu before the next update

good luck with the testing

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah, good luck with this. I'm looking forward to its release.

Belfedia
08-20-2005, 07:27 PM
I think we understand, you chase the live since too long time...
Time is to make a Real release for work only on game's bugs.

Thanks to doodman and you for the ENORMOUS work !
Very BIG thanks !

Woodlife Treestrider
08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Aye, thank you guys. You make the EQEmu world go round... so to speak. Keep up the good work.

sdabbs65
08-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Hey guys,

Live is coming... we are going to beta live compatibility on PEQ this weekend, and we plan to put out a relase once we are sure its working relatively well..

Both Doodman and I have been tired of chasing live for a long time... so chances are that we will NOT continue to chase live any time soon. We have about 1 month until DoD hits, thats when we expect the next patch. Basically.. patch up cause were gunna be on this patch date for a long time. Word has it that sony has some major changes as far as structure scrambling in the works, and if that hits, its going to double the effort required to catch up... If you have a working patch for 6.1 right now, you prolly wanna save it just in case we dont make it.

How did it go last night ?? I hung around in IRC a bit and it seems you guys are having all the problems that 6.1 has....
I tried to upgrade my shard and had the same results.....ick...
good luck with that...

computervirus04
08-21-2005, 04:36 AM
well i was able to make a character and walk around in my spawn zone but even #zone makes my game crash so i couldnt go anywhere :/

partyfriend
08-21-2005, 03:42 PM
i played a bit and i just zoned normally and that worked although after about 30 min of playing i could no longer target anything but on the whole great job i was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked

keerwen
08-22-2005, 03:53 AM
sweet thanks for the hard work on this all if i knew anything about programming i would try to help but well i get lost pretty quick on it all.

computervirus04
08-23-2005, 06:20 PM
there is a problem i seem to be having. when i actually can get into the game, after a while no commands will work for me, nor can i attack or open any merchent windows, so i have to relog on again.

any suggestions?

WisCorp
08-23-2005, 07:25 PM
I got a question, I patched to live and was wondering what EQHost the PEQ uses? I tried the one on the Play Guide forums but it wouldnt let me connect at all, just sat there waiting to connect.

computervirus04
08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Rubulisk
08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
So by catching up with live do they mean that if I were to have patched last week, I will be able to play? Or live as in a month ago live?

Any info (PM or post) would be nice, thanks in advance.

Dr Zauis
08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
So by catching up with live do they mean that if I were to have patched last week, I will be able to play? Or live as in a month ago live?

Any info (PM or post) would be nice, thanks in advance.

At first I thought the Black Werewolf one wouldnt work cause Id "heard" that there was a patch that broke 6.2 on this site. But either I misunderstood or whatever. But I was curious to find out for myself so a few days ago I changed my live compatible to log into the emu. Seems to work fine. So its there and working great.

Caskin
09-01-2005, 06:37 PM
there is a problem i seem to be having. when i actually can get into the game, after a while no commands will work for me, nor can i attack or open any merchent windows, so i have to relog on again.

same here, i have the choice of zoning once or killing 1 mob then all i can do is run around until i leave and come back

xwing23
09-02-2005, 07:45 AM
I went out and bought the everquest chronicals vol 1 and wanted to play on the emulator server. I went through and patched everything like the play guide suggested setup my account with the forum and added the account under LS or whatever it was called. I updated the host file to point to the eqemulator server like it said. I then created the new shortcut to bypass patching and loaded the game. I went to login and it says connecting to server but never goes past this point. Am I missing something or do I need to wait for something to come out? I really want to play the game.

Thanks,
xwing23

supersonic
09-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Did you change the eqhost to:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

?

xwing23
09-02-2005, 11:56 PM
I followed the player guide and tried to logon but would not work.

Here is what is in my eqhost file:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994

I made the shortcut like this:

target: "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

start in: "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest"

I did all these steps:

Step 1 - Installing/Patching
If you have not already, Install the Everquest Client onto your computer. It is recomended that you install all the expansions that you have discs for. After installation, start everquest the normal way, and let the patcher update all your files. Optionally, you can select Advanced and check all the expansions to get the zone files for those expansions. If you do not, you will not be able to enter the zones related to that expansion in EQEmulator. After the patcher is complete, you can close it.

Step 2 - Forum Account
If you have not already, you will need to register an account with the EQEmulator Forums. Click the "Register" link at the top left of these forums. Check the box on the User Agreement page and click the Register Submit Button. Fill out all the information under the required table, and hit the Complete Registration at the bottom. Make sure you use a valid email address, as your account will need to be verified. Check your email and validate your account. If you do not receive a validation code, please PM an Administrator in the IRC Channel.

Step 3 - Loginserver Account
You will now need to create a Loginserver Account that you will use log into the EQEmulator Loginserver. Please go to the Loginserver Page (Located under Miscellaneous in your UserCP). Select "Create a LS Account". Fill out the fields and proceed. Please note that your EQEmulator Forum Account and EQEmulator LS Account are completely seperate, and you should use a different Username/Password for both of them.

Step 4 - EQHost File
In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator loginserver, and not Sony's EQLive Login Server, you will need to change your EQHost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your Everquest Directory, and locate the EQHost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, You will need to create a shortcut to launch Everquest and Bypass the patcher. You will need to do this so that you don't launch the patcher and replace the EQHost file that you just edited. To do this, go into your Everquest Directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE File. Right click and select "Create Shortcut". You may Rename this shortcut, and drag it anywhere youd like (Most people like to put it on their desktop.) Now right click that shortcut, and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the real eqgame.exe. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable. At the end of the box (AFTER Any Parenthases) add "patchme" (Without the quotes.) Your target box should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Step 6 - Playing
Thats it! You are ready to play now. Double click that shortcut you just created, and login using the LS Account you created in step 3. If you have any problems, please check the Troubleshooting FAQ Below. If you don't find the solution to your problem, you can ask for help the EQEmulator IRC Support Channel.

Now at the top it said if the forum says do not patch then game would not work or something like that? Is this maybe why the game will not work or something else?

Thanks,
xwing23

Dr Zauis
09-03-2005, 04:56 AM
You need to be on 5998 not 5994..I just changed my live version to play on PEQ last night..It will work.

xwing23
09-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Thanks Dr Zauis for your help that fixed the problem.

Now I can play again cool

Thanks,
Scott White

kamikazeboy
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
A friend bring me everquest+lost dungeons of norrath.

I installed it but here is my problem.

If I don't patch I can't play.....
And if I patch I can't play because eqemulator is not updated as eqlive

I know asking files is not allowed but....its the only way for me to play or did somone make a patch or somthing like that to be at the same version as eqemu ?

Or maybe eqemu will be updated soon ?

Crackcaster
09-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, if you patched after 9/13 then your screwed untill EQEmu updates again. Hard telling when that will be. All the peeps who work on it do it in there free time. There are ways to fix the prob but if you talk about it here im sure not only will it piss people off but prob get you banded from the site. Just keep poping in and looking at the forums. They are constantly being updated.

kamikazeboy
09-28-2005, 10:35 PM
I know its forbidden...
But they are not updating anymore.... :sad:

sdabbs65
09-29-2005, 05:43 AM
I know its forbidden...
But they are not updating anymore.... :sad:

Live came and went....

solid11
09-29-2005, 06:42 AM
"You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

You have to draw the line at one point or there will never be progression.

kamikazeboy
09-30-2005, 10:08 AM
this is setting a draw for new players income too :p

wikidklown
10-01-2005, 06:33 PM
so, are they not going live anymore? or are they just not gonna stress themselves out over going live?

JrFaust
10-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Read the big red letters on the top...

If you can't see the color red then here.

DO NOT PATCH ON 9/13 OR LATER - 9/13 EQ Patch Breaks 0.6.2 (Which we are freezing on)

wikidklown
10-02-2005, 12:08 PM
ok, i wasn't asking when live would be coming... i asked if they were going to go live anymore since the first poste here said chances are we will NOT be chasing live... since this thread is kind of old i wanted to know if they were going to chase live anymore or not bother... everyone pushes that DO NOT PATCH at the top, thats the first thing i look for on this forum if someone isn't gonna be helpful then dont post

Koshoji
10-02-2005, 01:22 PM
(Which we are freezing on)...

Lol, sorry, I just had to do it /em beams an evil grin.

Eyece
10-03-2005, 07:05 AM
now are y'all talkin live as in REAL everquest? Using the emu through the actual official Sony servers?

Dr Zauis
10-03-2005, 11:19 AM
now are y'all talkin live as in REAL everquest? Using the emu through the actual official Sony servers?

No..They are talking about the version of EQ one DLs when they run the patcher from Sony..
The emu is completely independent from Sony..